** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: ** SLUG WARZ III - GAME THREAD **

Post by Senka »

Sweet to writeup! unsweet to dog. hope it all works out dude.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Sorry, folks. I shot my creative load for the day with the Pavel salting. This one's short and to the point.

Day 5 dawns in the garden.

The garden wakes to find that the slugs slimed and ated Juice, a regular garden-dweller last night.

The garden of BobDylanIsTheTruth has 15 residents remaining:

- beerman
- Malkamaniac
- slappybrown
- MWB
- Troy Loney
- mac5155
- newarenanow
- sdm5055
- dagny
- Senka
- Zarovich
- Twisted Wrister
- crayz
- cup keeper
- Corvidae

But in reality there are:

11 regular garden-dwellers
1 Gardener (seer)
1 Alpha Slug
2 Slugs

Gone from the garden:

- SolidSnake (the Manduca Sexta), slimed and eaten (eated?) by slugs during Night 1.
- PensFanInDC (the Bird), salted by the garden on Day 1.
- Dan H (a regular garden-dweller), salted unmercifully by the garden on Day 2.
- Letang Is The Truth (a regular garden-dweller), slimed and eaten by slugs during Night 3.
- canaan (a regular garden-dweller), salted by the garden on Day 3.
- shafnutz05 (a regular garden-dweller), slimed and eaten by slugs during Night 4.
- Pavel Bure (a slug), salted a bit on Day 4.
- Juice (a regular garden-dweller), slimed and eaten by slugs during Night 5.

Day 5 ends at 12 AM Wednesday (midnight, Tuesday/Wednesday) with the garden-dweller with the most votes gettin' a-salted.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Ugh. What a complete cut-and-paste fail. I tried to post this write-up and ended up editing one of my write-ups on page 38.

I've got too much on my mind. I'll fix the page 38 write-up a little later. In any case, the above write-up is fully correct. It's day-time. Have fun.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

I hope your dog is okay redwill
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Finally got to read all of the pavel write-up. Nice one.... Pavel as Carlo Rizzi..... I like it. So I guess that makes canaan Sonny.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

well this is interesting. every person who i have thought was a slug has been slimed. so, any guesses folks? appears juice was looking out for the village and not trying to be a slug
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

regardless of the troy/cupkeeper leading/dueling, idk what to believe from pavel.

Im salting twisted wrister for posting like 1 time. something he never does. we'll see if he comes out of the woodwork. but i didnt realize it until today -- wheres he been?
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

i also want to draw some attention to crayz.. not being around much.. and beerman.. hell seems liek there are 4 people playing this game anymore.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:I hope your dog is okay redwill
Thanks. That's very kind of you. He's a sweet old chocolate lab. He has a growth on his jawline that's being removed. The lab says it's probably malignant, but we're hoping otherwise.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Im officially upset. i tied 104-104 in fantasy football, and i LOST because of bench points. it should be left as a tie. its unfair and i will be on the outside looking in by ONE game come playoffs now. its a joke. and im highly upset right now and im leaving the computer. good lucl.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

I'm salting Troy Loney again. He's been acting suspicions for a while. And plus I see that he voted to salt me because I voted to salt him. That's never a very village friendly strategy.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

i think there is a possibility that one of the quiet people is the seer so i am hesitant on salting them ATM. guess there is no rush as we will be going 24 hours again. i'll wait til more people get on tomorrow.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Corvidae wrote:I'm salting Troy Loney again. He's been acting suspicions for a while. And plus I see that he voted to salt me because I voted to salt him. That's never a very village friendly strategy.

It is when you just put in a vote for me based on nothing but trying to subtly fit in....your voting but contributing very little to why your voting...your doing well to fly under the radar...
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

I currently have two alternative theories right now.

First: The slugs are obsessed with getting the seer, they did nothing in their attempt to fool the seer into thinking that they tried to recruit him and know his identity...when that blew up (either the seer's gamble paid off or he's just never around) they went with the "when about to be salted by the town claim to be seer to get the seer to come out" and that hasn't worked either...pavel drew attention to himself by calling people out all game, and then when that got him salted he tried to draw out the seer....in this scenario my main suspects are the following:

Senka: Because that was a bold play by a confident player that should have worked against almost anyone playing the seer....that to me is a senka move...plus he has listed me as one of his "top suspects" all game, and i'm just a villager....and now he's switched up and moved to twisted wrister, who hasn't been around at all and fits perfectly as probably the only player right now that would blow up Senka's seer outing strategy.

Dagny: Her over the top diatribe against Pavel is just too much for me...this started pretty clearly when it was obvious that pavel would be salted...she's trying to portray herself as the driver in the pavel salting...but it was obvious to everyone that pavel would be salted when canaan's identity was revealed and it was obvious he was lying....it's just convenient...and plus the only people that knew full well that pavel was a slug are the slugs.

NAN: This is kind of a condition of the Dagny suspicion...twice Pavel called people out in twos...he made subtle accusations at one point towards myself and dagny...and when he was outing himself as the seer he claimed that juice & nan were clean....one i think dagny is a slug and i'm not...and now we know that juice is just a villager...i think he was crafting his "call outs"....in the sense that he's mixing his call outs with slugs and regular villagers.

The other ones are Mac & Corvidae...for their completely neutral hidden playing right now...their voting is going with the flow and calling very little attention to themselves.

My other theory is that the slugs are inactive and didnt get their pm in that day and missed their chance to slime...this theory would target twisted wrister, cupkeeper & zarovich...but the more i think about it the more i'm leaning towards my first assumption....

(oh and one more thing...the slugs had calculated the canaan death, he tried to get senka salted earlier in the game)

salt senka
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Lots of info there, but I tend to agree with most of it. The theory of Juice and NAN being pegged by Pavel at the same time is interesting and makes sense. They then kill of Juice to make it seem that NAN is also innocent. Not sure what to think of dagny right now. After Pavel came out she planted the seed that there were many possibilities of why he would have done this if he indeed wasn't the seer. She's also posted quite a bit in the "night" phases. Maybe nothing to any of that though.

I think we do need to look at the voting situation when Pavel finally came out with his canaan revelation. At the time it was Troy with 3, beerman with 2 and cup keeper with 4 votes. I don't think Troy or beerman are slugs. Beerman, as I've said before, wouldn't post so infrequently if he were a slug since that got him killed in a previous game when he was a slug. Troy seems a bit erratic, but I think he's just trying to get a lot of info out. Cup keeper has been quiet and I think is who I'm leaning to now.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

MWB wrote:Lots of info there, but I tend to agree with most of it. The theory of Juice and NAN being pegged by Pavel at the same time is interesting and makes sense. They then kill of Juice to make it seem that NAN is also innocent. Not sure what to think of dagny right now. After Pavel came out she planted the seed that there were many possibilities of why he would have done this if he indeed wasn't the seer. She's also posted quite a bit in the "night" phases. Maybe nothing to any of that though.

I think we do need to look at the voting situation when Pavel finally came out with his canaan revelation. At the time it was Troy with 3, beerman with 2 and cup keeper with 4 votes. I don't think Troy or beerman are slugs. Beerman, as I've said before, wouldn't post so infrequently if he were a slug since that got him killed in a previous game when he was a slug. Troy seems a bit erratic, but I think he's just trying to get a lot of info out. Cup keeper has been quiet and I think is who I'm leaning to now.
NAN is probably the one that i am least sure about...killing juice could easily have been used as an attempt to draw attention to that post by pavel to get people suspicious of NAN and question that....

Right now i feel most strongly about either dagny or senka.

I don't really like that i am most suspicious of such like "profile" players...but thats all i have to go off of, and there are a lot of people on that list that really haven't been around much at all...right now, looking at that list of players there is only one other player besides myself that i am sure is not a slug.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I have a few things:

1) I can tell you right now I'm a regular villager. Because Juice was killed off, Pavel probably put my name out there then to get me voted off.

2) My suspect list is:

Mac - I've just had a feeling about him for a round or two. Seems to jump onto the voting train when it is already rolling, and his posts seem to overly try to show he is in support of that vote (knowing they are villagers), but making it look like he wants to get a slug out.

cupkeeper - just because he has been laying low, was in the lead for that one vote when Pavel came out with canaan, and pretty much has been staying hidden

dagny - I'm not 100% sold just yet, but the slugs seem to be trying to target the higher profile players right now. If she is still around in a few rounds, I'd seriously look at her.

Troy - see dagny

Senka - Has been playing a little differently than he normally does.

Right now, I'm willing to go back after cupkeeper or vote for mac. I just want to see a little more.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

As for the seer, if they haven't found out much after 5 nights, it is probably because they have been asking about the usual suspects, and those people are getting killed off. I highly suggest you check into the quieter people if everyone you have looked into is dead and there is nothing you can help the village out with.

It would help the village out a ton.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Also, if you do know a slug, let us know now before it's too late.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

newarenanow wrote:
dagny - I'm not 100% sold just yet, but the slugs seem to be trying to target the higher profile players right now. If she is still around in a few rounds, I'd seriously look at her.

Troy - see dagny

Right now, I'm willing to go back after cupkeeper or vote for mac. I just want to see a little more.
I'm going to push my senka vote this round....

He put up a vague suspect list last round that didnt really say anythign at all...he hasnt done anything to try and provide insight into his thoughts on what the slugs are doing...he's just been saying that he suspects me, w/out really giving much of a reason besides he's fishy or something...and now he's trying to salt twisted wrister...who, to me is a hundred times more likely to be the seer than a slug.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Troy Loney wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

Troy - see dagny

He put up a vague suspect list last round that didnt really say anythign at all...he hasnt done anything to try and provide insight into his thoughts on what the slugs are doing...he's just been saying that he suspects me, w/out really giving much of a reason besides he's fishy or something...and now he's trying to salt twisted wrister...who, to me is a hundred times more likely to be the seer than a slug.
I'll put my blind trust in you then. He is on my suspect list.

salt Senka
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

mac5155 wrote:i also want to draw some attention to crayz.. not being around much.. and beerman.. hell seems liek there are 4 people playing this game anymore.
i'll be back more starting tonight....I'm off tonight and my fiance works and penguin game starts late. So i'll be going through all of the pages again to come up with some ideas.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Troy Loney wrote:
newarenanow wrote:

Troy - see dagny

I'm going to have to agree with the Senka sentiment.

I'm still very high up on cupkeeper, and he should be questioned too as he was basically saved from the Pavel post.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

newarenanow wrote:
I'll put my blind trust in you then. He is on my suspect list.

salt Senka
I'll stick my neck out on this one....i was thinking about the game on the drive to work this am...and i'm now very convinced that the slugs have been manipulating the village in several ways to draw the seer out and then make their last recruit.

That do nothing stratgey was a great play, i need to go back and check, but i think redwill should have said nothing more than nothing happened...i think he might have given a little too much away to say that the slugs don't honestly know the seer's identity.

But we know for sure that the slugs do not know who the seer is....and for all of these ploys to get the seer out...the only way that none of these work is if the seer is never around, the person that fits that bill the most is Twisted Wrister....and that's who senka now wants to salt.
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Troy Loney wrote:NAN: This is kind of a condition of the Dagny suspicion...twice Pavel called people out in twos...he made subtle accusations at one point towards myself and dagny...and when he was outing himself as the seer he claimed that juice & nan were clean....one i think dagny is a slug and i'm not...and now we know that juice is just a villager...i think he was crafting his "call outs"....in the sense that he's mixing his call outs with slugs and regular villagers.
I agree he could've been trying to pair things together but why would he pair juice and nan together and then the other slugs kill the villager from that pairing? It wouldn't make much sense unless juice was on to something and they needed to get him out, but all I really remember is juice being after pavel.

I do agree with you on Senka though, he and cupkeeper are the top two in my mind right now, not sure who I'll go with though.