Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by tifosi77 »

Froggy wrote:Radio commercials that have either car horns or police sirens in them.

I'm already paranoid enough when I drive.
Dude, that's a huge pet peeve of mine. Absolutely hate it.
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

People who sunglasses indoors, on their forehead or the back of their heads.

guys at the gym who get on a machine, get in some awkward position trying to work a muscle that the machine wasn't meant for. Makes me think that theyir begging for attention and for people to look at them
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

stopper40 wrote:People who sunglasses indoors, on their forehead or the back of their heads.

em
What am i supposed to do? Tuck them in my collar?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

stopper40 wrote:People who sunglasses indoors, on their forehead or the back of their heads.

guys at the gym who get on a machine, get in some awkward position trying to work a muscle that the machine wasn't meant for. Makes me think that theyir begging for attention and for people to look at them
somewhat guilty, but only because I forget they're on my head.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

blackjack68 wrote:

em
Take them off before you go in, or invest in a case.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

MRandall25 wrote:
blackjack68 wrote:

em
So, I'm going from the parking lot to the store...in the sun. I get to the store and then I'm supposed to put them in a case and carry the case while I shop? For the record, I'm a rest yhem on my head guy. And, does it matter if they are prescription glasses?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

blackjack68 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:
blackjack68 wrote:

em
So, I'm going from the parking lot to the store...in the sun. I get to the store and then I'm supposed to put them in a case and carry the case while I shop? For the record, I'm a rest yhem on my head guy. And, does it matter if they are prescription glasses?
My dad wears prescription sunglasses as well, and has no problem carrying a case in his pocket to swap b/w regular and sun.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

Posters whose username is highlighted in a different color than everyone else. Like they think theyre something special. As if they own the joint.
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

JS© wrote:

I'm not talking about someone who flips them on the top of their head when they walk into the grocery store Saturday afternoon, I'm talking about the guy who's wearing them in the gym like I saw yesterday evening, or the guy who walks into the bar wearing them when it's dark out, or has them wrapped around his forehead like he has another pair of eyes there or wrapped around the back of his head/neck
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

stopper40 wrote:
JS© wrote:

I'm not talking about someone who flips them on the top of their head when they walk into the grocery store Saturday afternoon, I'm talking about the guy who's wearing them in the gym like I saw yesterday evening, or the guy who walks into the bar wearing them when it's dark out, or has them wrapped around his forehead like he has another pair of eyes there or wrapped around the back of his head/neck
in that case, I totally agree.

I still don't understand the back of the head thing. I tried it once at home, thinking "I don't want to look like a d-bag, but I'm wondering if there's something to this. Is it more comfortable?" It felt like they were on the back of my head and ready to fall off if I took a step.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

[youtube][/youtube]

/most predictible post ever
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

Okay, so I'm safe. I just keep them on my face in the usual position..... like, I dunno, about 80% of people out here who are just popping in for a quick errand.
JS© wrote:I still don't understand the back of the head thing. I tried it once at home, thinking "I don't want to look like a d-bag, but I'm wondering if there's something to this. Is it more comfortable?" It felt like they were on the back of my head and ready to fall off if I took a step.
Anything that makes one look like Guy Fieri is to be avoided at all possible costs.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

tifosi77 wrote:
Okay, so I'm safe. I just keep them on my face in the usual position..... like, I dunno, about 80% of people out here who are just popping in for a quick errand.
JS© wrote:I still don't understand the back of the head thing. I tried it once at home, thinking "I don't want to look like a d-bag, but I'm wondering if there's something to this. Is it more comfortable?" It felt like they were on the back of my head and ready to fall off if I took a step.
Anything that makes one look like Guy Fieri is to be avoided at all possible costs.

I catch myself lifting them to the top of my head (above forehead) while I walk indoors. Usually it is when I dont have contacts in and I am switching to my glasses...but sometimes forget I put them there and then tkae them off quickly when I realize it.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

tifosi77 wrote:
Hate that dude with a passion. Probably the sole reason I never even attempted to watch that gameshow with him where they do stupid stuff/challenges for money. I thought the show may be entertaining for a second and would give it a watch or two...but then I saw him. Same thing happens when I channel surf (or is it "guide" surfing now) and look for an interesting show and see something that catches my attention...and its him. So angry!
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

stopper40 wrote:
JS© wrote:

OK, I'm safe then. Thanks for the clarification.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

If you have a string tied to your sunglasses.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:If you have a string tied to your sunglasses.
That seems bad since we've passed the 80s and I'm not 70 yet.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

price is right rules

if you're guessing numbers in any context, you should be able to go over and still win your bet
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

You not into outdoor activities like boating, rock climbing, cycling, etc are you?

(and yes, I use croakies frequently)
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Staggy »

shmenguin wrote:price is right rules

if you're guessing numbers in any context, you should be able to go over and still win your bet
Nothing pisses me off more than when all the people make ridiculously high guesses, the next to last guy says $1, and then some old grandma says $2. You know he just wants to lean over and cold cock her.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Staggy wrote:

Nothing pisses me off more than when all the people make ridiculously high guesses, the next to last guy says $1, and then some old grandma says $2. You know he just wants to lean over and cold cock her.
or even worse is when somebody puts in a legit amount and somebody $1's them in multiple rounds. For example, the next to last player says $650, but the last player says $651 and does the same thing in the next round. With your example, that person might one-up you for one round but at least they're gone if the other people are overbidders. I watched an old lady do this awhile ago, and it looked the kid beside her wanted to backhand her.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

I have a laundry list of Price is right annoyances. $1 uping someone I could never do unless I was sure they were all lower. Most of all, these people that look out to the audience for every freakin decision. Think for urself. Just yesterday there was a game that they just went down the row and guessed higher or lower. And every single time the person turned around and dis whatever the people they were with said. Even in plinko people will look out to see where they should place the chip before dropping it. How the hell do those jerks know any better than you?

I also don't like that I found out a few years ago that they don't pick people at random. They interview people while in line. Thy just makes me watch some complete overhyper idiot in like a plain blue tshirt, not even trying to make an effort to be picked and I have to wonder why the hell they chose this doofus.

....I should probably get back to work
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

ExPatriatePen wrote:
You not into outdoor activities like boating, rock climbing, cycling, etc are you?

(and yes, I use croakies frequently)
No, but if those strings are needed when one is doing those activities, then why do I see them when I am not doing those activities?
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Staggy wrote:

My peeve in this instance is someone bidding $1 that didn't have the last bid. That's not how it works.

I find myself getting very upset at poor price is right strategy.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

I can't even watch the Spelling Bee game where every panel either has a "C" "A" or "R" on the other side. Some even spell out "CAR" and their goal is to pick numbers and if they have, in any order a "C" "A" and "R" panel they win. There are no X's or whammies on them. Every, single, time when they go to flip over the first card, no matter what it is the person and audience start going nuts. In that instance, you have a 100% chance of getting anything that helps you. No reason to celebrate the first letter.