TV Shows

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: TV Shows

Post by Lt. Dish »

relantel wrote:Caught up on TURN last night.
Spoiler:
Anna Strong finds out the real reason Abraham felt obligated to his brother, as it is revealed it was Abraham who started the riot that got Thomas killed. To which she finally understands why he broke off their engagement. And yada yada yada...
Spoiler:
I hope the writers don't make Anna pregnant after her tryst with Abraham. I'm really enjoying the show, and that would disappoint me greatly, because it's just too soap operatic and formulaic for my taste. I wonder when will Anna learn that Selah is still alive? That can't be kept a secret for long, I don't think.

I'd like Robert Rogers' character to be developed a little more. I'm finding the working relationship between him and Joshua interesting as it evolves.
I hope AMC renews it for another season. I think it can really get legs if they invest in it.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

PensFanInDC wrote:Since we cut cable we have started Sherlock and Grimm. Both are fantastic and I highly recommend to anyone. Grimm is available on British Netflix Instant. We also are going to watch the first 2 seasons of Person of Interest on Canadian Netflix. We have more TV to watch now that we cut cable than we did before.
What are these other Netflix you speak of ?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

eddysnake wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:Since we cut cable we have started Sherlock and Grimm. Both are fantastic and I highly recommend to anyone. Grimm is available on British Netflix Instant. We also are going to watch the first 2 seasons of Person of Interest on Canadian Netflix. We have more TV to watch now that we cut cable than we did before.
What are these other Netflix you speak of ?
Hola app on chrome allows you to proxy your IP address from other countries so I'll use Canada and Britain to basically triple my Netflix viewing options. You can't add any of them to your queue (obviously) but you can watch them. It's interesting to see American movies under the "Foreign Films" category.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Is this Hola app on Android?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

largegarlic wrote:I feel a little like dodint...all of the good shows I've been watching wrapped up in the last week or so (except Game of Thrones).

I don't know if anyone else watches The Americans, but that finale really packed a punch...
Spoiler:
A lot of the scenes are very understated, but really have a strong emotional impact just conveyed in subtle facial expressions. Stan not saving Nina was intense. The writers supposedly say that she'll be back, but I don't see how that can work.
I kind of figured that the kid shot his family, since there were no other major characters who could have done it, but I didn't think it was going to be because he had been recruited by the KGB as well. The writers also said that there was at least one known case of the American-born kid of Soviet spies becoming a 2nd-generation agent.
Such a good show.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

caught up on silicon valley. dinesh and guilfoyle are incredible
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Charlie Cox has been cast as Daredevil for a new Netflix series coming next year. 13 episodes. Jointly produced by ABC Studios, naturally. I always liked Daredevil, so this should be interesting.

Also, dodint, why is the Texas setting for Hold and Catch Fire worrying you? Dallas was a huge tech center in the 1980s. I watched the first episode - it's available for free on amctv.com - and it was really good. Even had a Speak N' Spell as a guest star. :lol: I had one of those as well as a Speak and Math...good times.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Usually when Texas is in a series it's treated as a character, not a setting. And if you're not from Texas, nobody cares. ;)

**This post brought to you by over five years in the USMC, which seems to recruit almost exclusively from Texas. It's so great, everyone wants to go to war to GTFO**
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Ha, gotcha. Your thoughts on the Marines' exclusive Texas recruiting reminds me of this:

blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Silicon Valley was hilarious tonight.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

blackjack68 wrote:Silicon Valley was hilarious tonight.
Funniest new show on tv. This was just what I needed after that game of thrones episode.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Lt. Dish wrote:
Spoiler:
Anna Strong finds out the real reason Abraham felt obligated to his brother, as it is revealed it was Abraham who started the riot that got Thomas killed. To which she finally understands why he broke off their engagement. And yada yada yada...
Spoiler:
I hope the writers don't make Anna pregnant after her tryst with Abraham. I'm really enjoying the show, and that would disappoint me greatly, because it's just too soap operatic and formulaic for my taste. I wonder when will Anna learn that Selah is still alive? That can't be kept a secret for long, I don't think.

I'd like Robert Rogers' character to be developed a little more. I'm finding the working relationship between him and Joshua interesting as it evolves.
I hope AMC renews it for another season. I think it can really get legs if they invest in it.
I spot on agree with everything you said. And now that the spy ring is developing, they have so much to play on.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Season/Series 3 of Sherlock is now on Netflix for those who didn't catch it when it aired on PBS.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

eddysnake wrote:
blackjack68 wrote:Silicon Valley was hilarious tonight.
Funniest new show on tv. This was just what I needed after that game of thrones episode.
Mean Jerk Time
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Would girth similarity play a factor?
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Silicon Valley was just hitting a groove for me and it was the season finale. I wish they would just send off the Peter Gregory character instead of the never-on-camera fill-in for the departed.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

canaan wrote:Silicon Valley was just hitting a groove for me and it was the season finale. I wish they would just send off the Peter Gregory character instead of the never-on-camera fill-in for the departed.
so that's why he hasnt been on. I couldn't remember if I read he passed away after filming the 1st season or during. With how good the show is and the chances of it going multiple seasons, they will have to do something...
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

canaan wrote:Silicon Valley was just hitting a groove for me and it was the season finale. I wish they would just send off the Peter Gregory character instead of the never-on-camera fill-in for the departed.
I'm sure they will, but probably had the whole season planned out when he got ill and eventually died.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

Just rewatched all of The Tutors. I actually enjoyed the series finale, which doesn't often happen.
Lt. Dish
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Lt. Dish »

newarenanow wrote:
Lt. Dish wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I spot on agree with everything you said. And now that the spy ring is developing, they have so much to play on.
Spoiler:
Abe and Anna are still sneaking around, although how you can sneak around in a town that's smaller than the Kennedy Compound, I dunno. They need to cool it. I agree with Caleb; someone's got to tell Anna that Selah's alive.

And now Mary has seen the code book. Uh oh...I don't find her to be the sharpest quill in the ink well. She's primed to do something vengeful and stupid. Remember she, while quilting with the Setauket Gradys Kravitzes, was pretty much a simpleton in spilling the beans about the headstone controversy. 8-)
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

eddysnake wrote:
so that's why he hasnt been on. I couldn't remember if I read he passed away after filming the 1st season or during. With how good the show is and the chances of it going multiple seasons, they will have to do something...
It's a shame because he killed it as Peter Gregory - I mean umm - you know what I mean.

Loved the episode where he's researching Burger King because he has no idea what it is.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

do i taste cumin?
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

I just started watching MasterChef. one of the contestants, Dan Woo is a friend of some friends of mine and I actually met him and enjoyed his food many, many years ago when they all lived in Brooklyn.
Spoiler:
he almost got bounced last night. I hope he gets his crap together.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Last week with John Oliver is great. contains some language...(nevermind it's bleeped)

Sunday night on Net Neutrality

[youtube][/youtube]