WWE/WCW wars GAME THREAD!

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: WWE/WCW wars GAME THREAD!

Post by Troy Loney »

the way the game started made it basically impossible for the bad guys to come back...plus then we just randomly bandwagon relantel and then the numbers were pretty overwhelming...

crayz, how did you pick out redwill?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

newarenanow wrote:
count2infinity wrote:so did the baddies really not have any powers? that seems odd to me
Nope.

It made it very difficult IMO. We couldn't protect ourselves at all and were also being attacked by another faction. It would have been pretty hard to win this one as a baddie. Still fun though.

I hate being a bad guy. Just don't have time to do it right now.
Agreed. I enjoy the two factions. A few things though

We need atleast one person with a power I think

We need to join together, which would of been perfect for when the WWE bought WCW, would of been a cool angle.

Other than that, awesome job all around. I think when the seer saw the main guy it would of been good to that we show up blue.

All in all great game. Was a crap shoot at the start though, was just unfortunate luck.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

MWB wrote:
bhaw wrote:
MWB wrote:So did you really not believe that slappy was the seer?
I wanted game info thinking he was dead regardless.
At first I felt the same way, but then figured that he said all he could. It seemed to me that he probably found a good rp so didn't want to reveal anything. I guess it comes down to how much someone really wants to trust how good of a job the seer is going to do getting and giving info.
Here's the problem I saw, there were holes in slappy's story (on purpose it appears now), but to a villager it looks like he isn't saying all he knows. Let's say he died last night instead of me, all of that info goes to the grave and we don't find out

I think I posted a few pages back that I had an idea of what slappy was doing...and it was, try and get me killed and save himself for another night because he had powers. redwill took the bait.

and geez....he never "cleared" dagny with seer powers, just his thoughts - so blah to you all :D
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

redwill was fairly obvious...or at least obviously worthy of a shot.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

jaysmiter wrote:redwill was fairly obvious...or at least obviously worthy of a shot.

I was hoping Redwill cleared me considering he called me out all game. If he knew I was really bad, I don't understand the targeting.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Malkamaniac wrote:
jaysmiter wrote:redwill was fairly obvious...or at least obviously worthy of a shot.

I was hoping Redwill cleared me considering he called me out all game. If he knew I was really bad, I don't understand the targeting.
Trying to save himself.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Malkamaniac wrote:

He couldn't have known for sure.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Exactly, which next time if there's two factions. Instead of thinking we can win by having more numbers, I'll go all out.

Ps. Next game, give me an rp break! That's like 4-5 games in a row where I've been something. Such a crazy streak.
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

:thumb:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Malkamaniac wrote:

Yeah, I didn't either if he really thought you were bad. The goal should have been to widdle the village down as far as possible and then focus on taking out the other baddies towards the end.

I can see why he went after you at the beginning, because pinning a bad guy would have cleared him for a while, but once the numbers got low, it would have been very difficult.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

i was really excited when i saw the possibility of being a baddie... too bad neither faction killed me.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

i also became less excited when i saw the baddies #'s dwindling...
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

bhaw wrote:
But that's the thing...he implied it at one point then went back on it at another point. I didn't see any harm in saying "I found an rp" (which he didn't) and not giving any other info about it. That gives away nothing. It hadn't occurred to me at that point that he couldn't see every night b/c TW had made it pretty clear it was a conventional game. Conventional game = seer sees every night.
The reason I left it as an open question was that I ws trying to confuse the bad guys. But if you ask me, "Who did you see?" and I tell you I have no info to report, then STOP ASKING ME QUESTIONS unless you doubt I am the seer. Clearly, either (1) I didnt investigate because I couldnt; or (2) I did and found an RP. Either way, why tell the bad guys this information until the seer deems it useful to do so? If I have something that will benefit the village, Ill say it. The rest is just trying to confuse the bad guys and lead them onfruitless chases -- ie, oh man, he may found an RP, better check who he was suspicious of, and maybe take them out.

In the end, crayz coming out worked out perfectly because it gave me the out.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

newarenanow wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:

Yeah, I didn't either if he really thought you were bad. The goal should have been to widdle the village down as far as possible and then focus on taking out the other baddies towards the end.

I can see why he went after you at the beginning, because pinning a bad guy would have cleared him for a while, but once the numbers got low, it would have been very difficult.
Which is honestly why I thought he was laying off, because he was like at first I thought Malka and now I'm not so sure. I thought I played the game about as even keel as I could.

No idea how I could act more good lol.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

crayz wrote:
Here's the problem I saw, there were holes in slappy's story (on purpose it appears now), but to a villager it looks like he isn't saying all he knows. Let's say he died last night instead of me, all of that info goes to the grave and we don't find out

I think I posted a few pages back that I had an idea of what slappy was doing...and it was, try and get me killed and save himself for another night because he had powers. redwill took the bait.

and geez....he never "cleared" dagny with seer powers, just his thoughts - so blah to you all :D
To the first part -- Im not going to die with useful info. You just have to trust the seer rather than ask 8 million questions when you dont get satisfactory responses.

On the dagny thing, I felt really bad about being mean to you about it, but it worked out in the end, and you got redwill and you clearly understood what I was trying to do. The dags kill was a misstep, but you more than made up for it. :thumb:
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

Troy Loney wrote:the way the game started made it basically impossible for the bad guys to come back...plus then we just randomly bandwagon relantel and then the numbers were pretty overwhelming...

crayz, how did you pick out redwill?
He was on my list from early on...I think it was something between him and corvi. Then add in the him/dagny stuff....I was going to kill either him or mikenike...

I would have killed him night 4, but killed dagny thinking it was better for the village to at least learn something either way (Since she had a lot of votes at one point and a lot of discussion)
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Yeah, I didn't understand what bhaw was doing. I understand asking questions at first, but when I was killed, I thought that would gain a little trust.

My rule of thumb for myself is not to put 100% full trust into anyone, but if they come out as the seer and get a baddie killed, then I put some trust into them. I don't forget about them, but asking the 10 million questions just causes a ton of confusion and is counter production IMO. Asking some is good, it can pull out some info or cause a slip up, but with so many villagers left, and so few bad guys, I would have laid off some and revistied the situation in a day or two.

That's just me though.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

newarenanow wrote:but asking the 10 million questions just causes a ton of confusion and is counter production IMO.
thg take notice.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Kicksave wrote:
newarenanow wrote:but asking the 10 million questions just causes a ton of confusion and is counter production IMO.
thg take notice.
Bhaw is my new thg. :pop:
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

slappybrown wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
thg take notice.
Ouch.

:pop:
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

slappybrown wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
thg take notice.
What do you have on bhaw? What is your reasoning?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Kicksave wrote:
What do you have on bhaw? What is your reasoning?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
MikeEnIke
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MikeEnIke »

lol. final write up?
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

MikeEnIke wrote:lol. final write up?
see, we were both blue :D
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

slappybrown wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
thg take notice.
hey, if my questioning helps me peg 3 bad guys early on, deal with it.