History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: History Mafia -- GAME THREAD

Post by bhaw »

Troy Loney wrote:
bhaw wrote:I'm gonna throw this out there one more time even though it is destined to be futile...

Let's take out a quiet person who has shown us absolutely nothing. THere's little to go off of, so let's get rid of someone who won't give us anything until we say "Oh yeah, I forgot ____ was playing." Then they chime in on day 5 after everyone else has been talking for 4 days.

this was bhaw's post when nan was leading the vote 10-1 on day 2....your post lead to a sequence of events that essentially saved nan and killed the quiet sdm.

I know this seems hypocritical for me to do this since i agreed with you and actually started the sdm bandwagon....but while i agreed with your logic and was willing to go along with it, thats because i figured both you and nan were good, but in light of nan being bad i know think that this was just simply you keeping the bad cop around for another night, even if that cost you your life.
That might make sense if nan didn't commit suicide by coming out as a bad guy...
beerman
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by beerman »

Azkar - 2 - bhaw, twc
bhaw - 2 - litt, troy
redwill - 1 - zaro
IE - 1 - senka
senka - 1 - redwill
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Upon catching up I am intrigued by what Troy and redwill have said.

Will do some more thinking and reading to see if I come up with anything else.

Work is slowing down but still busy. Should be able to keep up better if not by much.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

bhaw wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
bhaw wrote:I'm gonna throw this out there one more time even though it is destined to be futile...

Let's take out a quiet person who has shown us absolutely nothing. THere's little to go off of, so let's get rid of someone who won't give us anything until we say "Oh yeah, I forgot ____ was playing." Then they chime in on day 5 after everyone else has been talking for 4 days.

this was bhaw's post when nan was leading the vote 10-1 on day 2....your post lead to a sequence of events that essentially saved nan and killed the quiet sdm.

I know this seems hypocritical for me to do this since i agreed with you and actually started the sdm bandwagon....but while i agreed with your logic and was willing to go along with it, thats because i figured both you and nan were good, but in light of nan being bad i know think that this was just simply you keeping the bad cop around for another night, even if that cost you your life.
That might make sense if nan didn't commit suicide by coming out as a bad guy...
That doesn't explain why you were willing to put yourself out there that second day to try and steer the vote off of nan..
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Ok... just thinking about this...

NAN isn't a dumb player. Even though he wanted to bow out due to being unable to participate, he likely decided it was best to come out at a time that still served a purpose to the mafia. By that, i mean he likely said to kill him and that he was red at a time that protected other mafia players and made non-mafia look bad. I doubt it was a totally random thing that he just came out when it first occurred to him that he can't spend enough time participating.

TL - going back and coming at me for a strategy on day 2 is the equivalent of going after PFIDC last game for using the randomizer in the first day (or 2nd, whichever it was). If we're going to go after people for using common strategy on day 1 or 2, why aren't we calling into question all the people that voted for thg on day 1? yeah, I made a mistake and it's unfortunate that nan turned out blue, but saying that I knew any better is thinking way too hard about it.

release azkar

Due to what I said above, he actually looks bad due to nan being red (just like MWB) did. So I'm letting him go for now, but I would really like him to add more to the thread. If we can't come up with a better solution, i will still vote for him again b/c he simply isn't helping one way or another.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Troy Loney wrote: That doesn't explain why you were willing to put yourself out there that second day to try and steer the vote off of nan..
I've only explained this a dozen times already. would you really like me to do it again?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Maybe I missed it -- but there was a conversion?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

bhaw wrote:
Troy Loney wrote: That doesn't explain why you were willing to put yourself out there that second day to try and steer the vote off of nan..
I've only explained this a dozen times already. would you really like me to do it again?
I call BS....whatever explainin you've done doesn't change the fact that you defended a player on day two of the game...if you were truely an independent and playing the game for yourself, you would have kept your mouth shut and gone along with the nan vote and lived another day.

If we're not going to base our votes on obvious things like this and instead try and construe some abstract evidence on someone then we don't really stand a chance....sorry bhaw, but i can't overlook concrete things like that.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

bhaw wrote:
redwill wrote:stuff
if you just caught up on everything, did anything else stand out to you good or bad? sometimes a fresh look from someone who wasn't around 'in the moment' reveals a little more.
What? You want more
? :lol:

To be honest, I was surprised when NAN turned up bad. I was pretty sure that he was just a good guy who got caught up in a vicious cycle after an admittedly very suspicious post. I was wrong on that.

I'm pretty sure Zarovich is just a regular villager. I know he's not the Cop. But as I mentioned on Day 3, up until his vote for npv, I thought he was reading my mind with his posts.

npv still looks non-suspicious to me, despite the theatrics of yesterday and the (forgive me) idiotic night posts. I had my own suspicions of MWB, so I can't blame npv for going after him so strongly. HOWEVER, the tactic of "kill him or kill me tomorrow" has got to stop, IMO. I have no problem with the "kill him or kill me today" tactic, but the "give me 'til tomorrow" leaves too much room for the baddies to rally and plan a defense. Or, even worse, they might have an Angel to save that person the next day.

I gave reasons on Day 3 why I thought crayz was acting odd. Nothing has changed in my opinion for better or worse with him.

IrishEyes is not posting much, which strikes me as odd. But Senka has accused her and I'm really on the Senka train at the moment, so -- in the absence of anything really incriminating -- I'm leaning toward good for her. She's the enemy of my enemy and all that.

I can give you more
if you like, but it's either not very interesting or strong, or might be bad for the village to do so.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Troy Loney wrote:
bhaw wrote:
I call BS....whatever explainin you've done doesn't change the fact that you defended a player on day two of the game...if you were truely an independent and playing the game for yourself, you would have kept your mouth shut and gone along with the nan vote and lived another day.

If we're not going to base our votes on obvious things like this and instead try and construe some abstract evidence on someone then we don't really stand a chance....sorry bhaw, but i can't overlook concrete things like that.
Seriously? I never said that I believed nan was good. I said (and you agreed) that it makes sense to take out a quiet person instead of just bandwagoning people for the sake of bandwagoning. If you think you'll solve something by taking me out, great. But you will, find out I'm nothing and then the village will spend a day going after you and others who have fought with and voted for me.

And seriously... look back at the times i was bad... defending nan on day 2 is so obvious and stupid, especially since the next day he committed suicide. I don't play that way, homie. I don't think anyone who has played more than one game is dumb enough to come out and defend their bad teammate on day 2 when they know he's likely to get bandwagoned again the next day or that nan is dumb enough to get his teammate voted out by admitting to be red b/c he can't play anymore.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

bhaw wrote:Ok... just thinking about this...

NAN isn't a dumb player. Even though he wanted to bow out due to being unable to participate, he likely decided it was best to come out at a time that still served a purpose to the mafia. By that, i mean he likely said to kill him and that he was red at a time that protected other mafia players and made non-mafia look bad. I doubt it was a totally random thing that he just came out when it first occurred to him that he can't spend enough time participating.
redwill and npv were the leading vote getters just before the nan train occurred...
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

slappybrown wrote:Maybe I missed it -- but there was a conversion?
From the write-up on page 30.
Then the mafia screams "I'll do you one better!!"

and grabs..

Spoiler:
O NO! A TOWN RP!!

and converts them as one of their own!
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

slappybrown wrote:Maybe I missed it -- but there was a conversion?
Yes... the night after NAN outed himself.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Ok right, forgot about that. Thanks.

Anyways, I thought yesterday that a Corvi or Troy vote would be good. Now that bhaw and Troy are going back and forth, I am comfortable voting either of them since it will tell (at least me) who is good or bad between the two. Senka is the person I would vote for after these suspects. All of these people also fit the bill for the moves that have been made by the baddies.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

redwill wrote:more stuff
so in a nut shell: you think senka is bad, IE is suspicious, and npv is not suspicious. However, you think zaro is lying as the cop but isn't actually bad (why would he do that then?).
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

slappybrown wrote:Ok right, forgot about that. Thanks.

Anyways, I thought yesterday that a Corvi or Troy vote would be good. Now that bhaw and Troy are going back and forth, I am comfortable voting either of them since it will tell (at least me) who is good or bad between the two. Senka is the person I would vote for after these suspects. All of these people also fit the bill for the moves that have been made by the baddies.
I think we are both good... why would one of us coming up good (which would at least be the case for one of us) mean the other is bad? I think most of the people I have fought with are good at this point.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

bhaw wrote:
so in a nut shell: you think senka is bad, IE is suspicious, and npv is not suspicious. However, you think zaro is lying as the cop but isn't actually bad (why would he do that then?).
because he's zaro...
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

bhaw wrote:
Seriously? I never said that I believed nan was good. I said (and you agreed) that it makes sense to take out a quiet person instead of just bandwagoning people for the sake of bandwagoning. If you think you'll solve something by taking me out, great. But you will, find out I'm nothing and then the village will spend a day going after you and others who have fought with and voted for me.

And seriously... look back at the times i was bad... defending nan on day 2 is so obvious and stupid, especially since the next day he committed suicide. I don't play that way, homie. I don't think anyone who has played more than one game is dumb enough to come out and defend their bad teammate on day 2 when they know he's likely to get bandwagoned again the next day or that nan is dumb enough to get his teammate voted out by admitting to be red b/c he can't play anymore.
I know that its too obvious, but i'm not convinced the bad guys would sit idly by and watch one of their own get bandwagoned on day 2 without atleast trying to get a word in....i know its obvious, but sometimes bad guys don't think ahead enough and make a post like that and then do a :face: at themselves....jose and IE did the same thing a couple games ago when we we're bad....

I understand that it's plausible that what you did could have been done be a regular townie, but when something is done that benefits the bad guys, i can't just brush it off.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

count2infinity wrote:
bhaw wrote:
because he's zaro...
well, when someone suggests they are the cop, they are usually either actually the cop or bad... it's not that typical that a normal villager suggests they are the cop for no reason at all. Maybe Z is the exception :lol:
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Why don't you just make a list of people that you think the village should lynch and we'll go down one by one.

Your another one thats slipped through the cracks, i'd be interested to know your identity as well.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Troy Loney wrote:
bhaw wrote:

I know that its too obvious, but i'm not convinced the bad guys would sit idly by and watch one of their own get bandwagoned on day 2 without atleast trying to get a word in....i know its obvious, but sometimes bad guys don't think ahead enough and make a post like that and then do a :face: at themselves....jose and IE did the same thing a couple games ago when we we're bad....

I understand that it's plausible that what you did could have been done be a regular townie, but when something is done that benefits the bad guys, i can't just brush it off.
Ok, well whatever. You won't learn anything from me, but it's your prerogative. I'd also take a look at my votes before and after that before you make a decision on me though.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

bhaw wrote:
I think we are both good... why would one of us coming up good (which would at least be the case for one of us) mean the other is bad? I think most of the people I have fought with are good at this point.
What's that supposed to mean? When troy gets killed and turns up blue, don't come after me because i'm not suspcicous of him? Thats convenient, the only people who know that i'm good are the bad guys and me....
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

bhaw wrote:

I was suspicious of Tory and Corvi for their actions following the NAN writeup.

I am somehwat suspicious of you because of the NAN vote. I dont care that you voted for him on the first day, because we all knew THG was going down, and NAN wasnt going to get voted off.

BHAW DISCLAIMER

It does not mean that I will know with one hundred percent certitude that you are good and he is bad if you are voted off and shows up clear. It does not mean that I will know with one hundred percent certitude that he is good and you are bad if he is voted off and shows up clear. My vote makes no warranties, implied or otherwise, regarding its accuracy. By accepting and tabulating my vote, you hereby forever release, discharge and acquit "slappybrown" and his owners, officers, shareholders, partners, directors, employees, representatives, agents, successors and/or assigns, parents, subsidiaries, or other related entities from any and all liability, claims, demands, rights, actions, causes of action, suits, debts, contracts, duties, obligations, distributions, damages, costs, attorneys' fees, expenses and all other claims of whatsoever nature.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

I also think it's extremely likely that a majority of the mafia are sitting back while we all accuse each other here.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Troy Loney wrote:

Why don't you just make a list of people that you think the village should lynch and we'll go down one by one.

Your another one thats slipped through the cracks, i'd be interested to know your identity as well.
What? I named four people that I think are potentially bad and explained my reasoning on them yesterday. What are you talking about?