Around the League: Transactions

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Around the League: Transactions

Post by Idoit40fans »

I don't think its old news. Its good news though. I hope he has a little left.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

Idoit40fans wrote:I don't think its old news. Its good news though. I hope he has a little left.
I think he'll fit in well down there.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Kovy27 wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:I don't think its old news. Its good news though. I hope he has a little left.
I think he'll fit in well down there.
Finally... a player the Panthers' audience can relate to!
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Well, there it is. Wade Redden a STL Blue. Hearing 1 year deal, $800K base salary with GP bonuses that could make it $1M total.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

This goes to show you that even Paul Martin will be able to get a job, after the pens have kicked him to the curb.
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Three Stars »

Gaucho wrote:Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
Well, there it is. Wade Redden a STL Blue. Hearing 1 year deal, $800K base salary with GP bonuses that could make it $1M total.
:lol:
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

Good for Redden. Hoepfully Gomez can do that same.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Three Stars wrote:
Gaucho wrote:Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
:lol:
Schadenfreude?
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

I'm floored by the Zajac contract. Not that he's a bad player, but that's almost 6 million for 8 years. I would have pegged him in for $4-4.5 for 5 years. He's somewhere between a 3rd and 2nd line player, but he's forced to play top role because Lou doesn't know how to assemble a team anymore. A few Devil friends told me they had to keep him or their season would be toast, and that's fine, but at what cost. I don't see them doing much of anything, and now they're stuck with him. Maybe it was time to instead clean up the mess and start over.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

I see Zajac as a fine 2nd line player, but I can't really imagine a fine 2nd line center being worth the max term and 75% or so of the max salary.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Zajac is closer to a 1st liner than a 3rd liner...and he can live up to that contract if they put him out there with Kovalchuk and all, but they're probably gonna need him to head up the second line and power it ahead instead of making one "big" line with no depth. Let the weaker Adam Henrique get dragged along by Kovy, and let Zajac try to make heads or tails of the rest of that group while playing near-Selke level defense most of the time...he's gotta get some love for that soon...
sniper
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by sniper »

I think Zajac is worth around $4 million. He's a complementary piece to a number 1 line much like Kunitz. There is no way he should be making more than a guy like James Neal. I expect Dupuis to outscore him this season and Dupuis won't be getting much if any power play time. He's overpaid by at least $1.5 million per year in my opinion.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Looking forward to the owners whining about his contract.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Fire0nice228 »

mikey287 wrote:. Let the weaker Adam Henrique get dragged along by Kovy, ..

Worked for my fantasy team last year. Henrique was a steal waiver wire pickup in one of my deeper leagues early in the season.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Oh yeah, Henrique is a solid player (I hate the term "solid") - played in juniors with Taylor Hall on the Windsor Spitfires, so he can swing with the big trees when called upon...they're gonna need Zajac's playmaking ability to set up the lesser wingers on the team...
sniper
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by sniper »

Lupul signed for 5 years at $5.25 per year. 67 points in 66 games last year. Maybe a little high, but not too bad. I like it a lot more than the contract they gave Grabovski last year.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

sniper wrote:Lupul signed for 5 years at $5.25 per year. 67 points in 66 games last year. Maybe a little high, but not too bad. I like it a lot more than the contract they gave Grabovski last year.
Good deal for Lupul, IMO. That's reasonable money if he keeps his point totals close to that.
sniper
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by sniper »

PK Subban, 81 Games played, 7 Goals, 29 Assists, +9, 14 power play points. Sounds like he's being offered around $3M per year. That's probably too low given he is young and should improve. He's got talent, but I don't think he's very smart or maybe mature is a better word. I'm guessing $4M is where they end up. I'm glad Bergevin is holding at $3M though with the salary cap dropping next year. He's an RFA and his options are limited. Any thoughts?
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I like that some GMs are not being morons now, but at the same time, I hope PK just lets them pay him whatever they're looking for to take care of his RFA years and goes to Boston or Toronto.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

sniper wrote:PK Subban, 81 Games played, 7 Goals, 29 Assists, +9, 14 power play points. Sounds like he's being offered around $3M per year. That's probably too low given he is young and should improve. He's got talent, but I don't think he's very smart or maybe mature is a better word. I'm guessing $4M is where they end up. I'm glad Bergevin is holding at $3M though with the salary cap dropping next year. He's an RFA and his options are limited. Any thoughts?
PK is asking for $6-mil per while similarly skilled defensemen are getting $3- to $4-mil. Glad to see Montreal holding out.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

sniper wrote:Lupul signed for 5 years at $5.25 per year. 67 points in 66 games last year. Maybe a little high, but not too bad. I like it a lot more than the contract they gave Grabovski last year.
That's a good contract for the Leafs. Lupul would have secured a larger deal on the open market...Similar to the Neal deal....favors the team....
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by FallenHero96 »

Deal in place for Luongo, but they are waiting on a team:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=414190" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I hope this happens soon so I can just laugh hysterically.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by no name »

FallenHero96 wrote:Deal in place for Luongo, but they are waiting on a team:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=414190" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am guessing its a team streatched to the cap and needs to make a deal to clear cap room to get him in there. Sounds intresting, so it could be a 3 way deal. Unbelievable Vancouver can trade Loungo and bring back more top end talent to go with their already quality lineup.
sniper
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by sniper »

I wouldn't trade anyone worth while for a guy like Luongo with that contract. He's really nothing but a bad contract to Vancouver at this point. Why give them anything for him but a bad contract? If I'm giving up anyone worth while I'm going to try to get LA's backup.