Re: Hollywood Wars: Game Thread

Post by slappybrown »

fire THG
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

I would PM you what I think that you think is the tell, but Id be suicided.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Leaving work in a few. Got tickets to the game tonight. Good Luck all.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

slappybrown wrote:
MWB wrote:thg's reasoning for voting twisted is actually sensical. It's good to vote for quiet people early, but we rarely do it and just let them slide until late in the game (see cup keeper, last game).
Right, but how does he know TW is quiet? I dont believe hes ever played with THG, and saying someone hasnt posted yet when the game is on page 3 is silly to me.
That's what I was wondering too, but maybe he's read up. I don't know.
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

fire THG
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Corvidae wrote:
MWB wrote:thg's reasoning for voting twisted is actually sensical. It's good to vote for quiet people early, but we rarely do it and just let them slide until late in the game (see cup keeper, last game).
He's a creeper. Fire cup keeper.
I was thinking the same thing... he always flies under the radar.

fire cup keeper
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

Anyone have a count going, or do I have to do some work?
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

Code: Select all

THG 8 (mac, kicksave, malka, dagny, mwb, sdm, slappy, azkar)
CK 2 (corvi, tfrizz)
Dagny 2 (Senka, redwill)
TW 1 (thg)
NPV 1 (troy)
kicksave 1 (npv)
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

slappybrown wrote:
dagny wrote:
slappybrown wrote:
Id still like to hear some explanation as to what allegdly tipped off dags.
I don't know that I can trust you, and I'm not divulging it to the rest. It'll come out soon enough. Kicksave knows because I told him the trick after the last game.
Fair enough. If hes a good RP, I think you know you are on the block next. :lol:
I said I was hesitant.

Even if he's good, after reading what he's written, I'm not so sure he'd be much help, anyway.

And if he is a good RP, with this many votes on him, he should tell us. He's been major fail with a role before.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

FWIW, pushing for a player to reveal their role is also a bad-guy tell. He's got 8 votes, but that's still 5 away from the magic number.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

The dagny/Kicksave banter seems staged...

If we are going to bandwagon someone, I'd rather take revenge out on someone from last game like npv. I'd also be down for a Corvidae vote since his quickness to jump at me ended the game last time.

Fire npv

The fact that dagny was so remorseful about Pavel dying is very odd. Good players always die first, it's not a shocker. If there is any strategy to be had on day 1, the dagny sobbing over Pavel is the most evidence of anything.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

Finally checking in on this...been too busy playing WoW...

Couple thoughts so far...

-These first couple of days are always so random and bandwagoned...which is why I rarely vote on anyone this early.

-Was Canaan just being sarcastic with his Juice vote or does he legit not know he's not playing this time?

-MWB, I tend to agree with you...but, it's day 1...5 votes can happen super quick. All it takes is people getting bored and just wanting the day to end. So...I dunno...revealing roles this early sucks for the village.

-bhaw, I don't know how suspicious the banter seems...they always interact with each other like that. Something to keep in the backpocket, for sure...but nothing to put a ton of stock into yet.

-What's the deal with THG? Going out so early the past couple of games, I didn't really pay attention. Why is everyone so gung-ho to get him out?
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

My vote is in a 3-way tie for 2nd.. Yessssss
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

bhaw wrote:The dagny/Kicksave banter seems staged...

If we are going to bandwagon someone, I'd rather take revenge out on someone from last game like npv. I'd also be down for a Corvidae vote since his quickness to jump at me ended the game last time.

Fire npv

The fact that dagny was so remorseful about Pavel dying is very odd. Good players always die first, it's not a shocker. If there is any strategy to be had on day 1, the dagny sobbing over Pavel is the most evidence of anything.
I was actually a little annoyed that Kick pretty much came out with the trick, but what's done is done. Also, it tells me that Kicksave is good or, if he's bad, knowing the trick, he's smart enough to try and endear himself to look good.

Why are you advocating revenge voting from a previous game?
Senka
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Senka »

Code: Select all

THG 8 (mac, kicksave, malka, dagny, mwb, sdm, slappy, azkar)
CK 2 (corvi, tfrizz)
Dagny 2 (Senka, redwill)
NPV 2 (troy, bhaw)
TW 1 (thg)
kicksave 1 (npv)
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

dagny wrote:

Fire npv

I was actually a little annoyed that Kick pretty much came out with the trick, but what's done is done. Also, it tells me that Kicksave is good or, if he's bad, knowing the trick, he's smart enough to try and endear himself to look good.

Oh, and remorseful? Try PISSED.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

jaysmiter wrote: -What's the deal with THG? Going out so early the past couple of games, I didn't really pay attention. Why is everyone so gung-ho to get him out?
He didn't do well the first game. Said a lot of off-the-wall stuff and caused a lot of chaos as a regular villager. He toned it down in the second game, but people still wanted him off because of the first game. Turned out he was a role player (Jack of all trades) and didn't reveal his info before he was voted off.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

jaysmiter wrote:Finally checking in on this...been too busy playing WoW...

Couple thoughts so far...

-These first couple of days are always so random and bandwagoned...which is why I rarely vote on anyone this early.

-Was Canaan just being sarcastic with his Juice vote or does he legit not know he's not playing this time?

-MWB, I tend to agree with you...but, it's day 1...5 votes can happen super quick. All it takes is people getting bored and just wanting the day to end. So...I dunno...revealing roles this early sucks for the village.

-bhaw, I don't know how suspicious the banter seems...they always interact with each other like that. Something to keep in the backpocket, for sure...but nothing to put a ton of stock into yet.

-What's the deal with THG? Going out so early the past couple of games, I didn't really pay attention. Why is everyone so gung-ho to get him out?
Wasn't idoit initiated that way? Taken out at the beginning of the first 3 or 4 games? :lol:

You're right, something to keep on the back burner. I just find it weird the way dagny started off in the game. The part of the banter that seemed staged was when kicksave suddenly realized what dagny saw that proved THG was a role player.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

dagny wrote:

Fire npv

Someone has to go. There's no rationale for anyone right now. So that's as random as putting it in random.org.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

dagny wrote:I was actually a little annoyed that Kick pretty much came out with the trick, but what's done is done. Also, it tells me that Kicksave is good or, if he's bad, knowing the trick, he's smart enough to try and endear himself to look good.

How else did you want me to say something without saying it?
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

bhaw wrote:
Wasn't idoit initiated that way? Taken out at the beginning of the first 3 or 4 games? :lol:

You're right, something to keep on the back burner. I just find it weird the way dagny started off in the game. The part of the banter that seemed staged was when kicksave suddenly realized what dagny saw that proved THG was a role player.
I've stated my opinion on the "initiation" before...I don't like it...I don't think it helps get new people into the game, but...whatever. Not like everyone can pick up on the nuances of the game right away =)

And, trust me...I see what you're saying, bhaw. I've made notes =)
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

bhaw wrote:You're right, something to keep on the back burner. I just find it weird the way dagny started off in the game. The part of the banter that seemed staged was when kicksave suddenly realized what dagny saw that proved THG was a role player.
I didn't "suddenly" see anything. We both were looking at the same thing.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

dagny wrote:
So kicksave is either good or a good bad roleplayer...
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

MWB wrote:
dagny wrote:
lol wut? Or someone told me of a "trick" and I saw the same thing and she brought it up.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

MWB wrote:
dagny wrote:
Where did I say I thought Kicksave was a role player?