Pens vs. Craps GDT - Feb, 18, 2007

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

68forever wrote:
EagleMorph wrote:
68forever wrote:
Kicksave wrote:
68forever wrote:What's up with Clement giving the golf update? Who cares about some DUMB golf event this is HOCKEY dude and your a hockey person not golf. I know it probably has something to do with the national network but still.
Yea, NBC!

I know you were covering the golf event before the hockey game and I'm sure they have fans who were watching it but didn't get to watch the end due to the contractual obligation you have with the NHL but I DON'T LIKE GOLF SO DON'T EVER MENTION IT EVER AGAIN...EVEN DURING THE PERIOD INTERMISSION.
You and me both I happen to think golf is dumbest thing. I know it's national network but ughhh golf PLEASEEEEEEE! give me a break. :D
Kicksave was being sarcastic.
Thing is I'm not I just can't stand golf. BORINGGG standing around watching and trying to hit that stupid little ball into that stupid little hole x number of yards away just DUMB :wink:
Oh well, I can't be too critical because I feel the same way about nascar.

Go straight, turn left. Repeat, going at 150 mph.
68forever
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by 68forever »

Kicksave wrote:
68forever wrote:
EagleMorph wrote:
68forever wrote:
Kicksave wrote: Yea, NBC!

I know you were covering the golf event before the hockey game and I'm sure they have fans who were watching it but didn't get to watch the end due to the contractual obligation you have with the NHL but I DON'T LIKE GOLF SO DON'T EVER MENTION IT EVER AGAIN...EVEN DURING THE PERIOD INTERMISSION.
You and me both I happen to think golf is dumbest thing. I know it's national network but ughhh golf PLEASEEEEEEE! give me a break. :D
Kicksave was being sarcastic.
Thing is I'm not I just can't stand golf. BORINGGG standing around watching and trying to hit that stupid little ball into that stupid little hole x number of yards away just DUMB :wink:
Oh well, I can't be too critical because I feel the same way about nascar.

Go straight, turn left. Repeat, going at 150 mph.
Have to agree to that one as well but I can't complain each enjoys his or her own thing. I'm not a big sports fan anyway. Hockey is my only real sport passion so that is one thing we can agree on.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Semin was making Melichar look stupid. Well, more stupid.
Brode

Post by Brode »

I was wondering when we'd start talking about the actual game again.

You see Ovechkin jump at Whitney(?) behind the net?
penscup
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by penscup »

Outstanding end to end rush there by Malkin, just barely missed the corner on his shot!
Maestro
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Maestro »

Malone is such a hinderance to Crosby it is sad. Scuderi is way too sof tin front fo the net - when a guy is scraping at your goalie's glove - knock him the f' over for god's sake
Rocco
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Rocco »

Do the Pens know there's a game? I mean, other than Malkin and Crosby, who seem determined to go it alone. Maybe MT might thinking about putting them together.
penscup
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by penscup »

Kicksave wrote:Semin was making Melichar look stupid. Well, more stupid.
I thought Melichar played that well, stick was up in his lane cutting down any options for Semin to take. What else do you want him to do?
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pcm »

Anyone notice we haven't had a too many men on the ice penalty in like, forever? Glad those stopped.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Maestro wrote:Malone is such a hinderance to Crosby it is sad. Scuderi is way too sof tin front fo the net - when a guy is scraping at your goalie's glove - knock him the f' over for god's sake
How is he a hinderance?
jay_caufield

Post by jay_caufield »

wow, the officials are really hard on the penguins using their sticks, but the caps have been able to use it however in their own ends on the boards.
Brode

Post by Brode »

Malone's arguably been one of the only Penguins who is working tonight. What is Ouellet doing? How about our defense? Eaton's taken two stick penalties already tonight.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

penscup wrote:
I thought Melichar played that well, stick was up in his lane cutting down any options for Semin to take. What else do you want him to do?
By shear luck did Semin not make a play out of that. Melichar looked like Elvis with his legs flailing every which way. Had Semin made a power move to either side, Melichar would have ended up on his ass.
Brode

Post by Brode »

Staal showing what I wanted to see from Whitney, a real shotblock!
Brode

Post by Brode »

Thibault is everything that's wrong with butterfly goalies. He doesn't even look for the shot, he just listens for a stick on the puck and drops to his knees.
penscup
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by penscup »

Kicksave wrote:
penscup wrote:
By shear luck did Semin not make a play out of that. Melichar looked like Elvis with his legs flailing every which way. Had Semin made a power move to either side, Melichar would have ended up on his ass.
Yeah, but he didn't. So why not credit Melichar for keeping his feet moving and staying in good position to shut him down. The guy can't win - either dance like Elvis or fall flat on your butt - those were his options.
Brode

Post by Brode »

Alot of times I just see the right-middle half of Ruutu's 37 and wonder when Crosby got bigger and slower and hits people.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

anyone else notice pens have been blocking a lot of shots?
jay_caufield

Post by jay_caufield »

I think Malone's only option whenever coming into the offesive zone should be to shoot. don't even think of anything else.
cojac
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cojac »

The refs are really doing a great job today :roll:
wondermoose
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wondermoose »

This is a very poorly called game from what I've seen... I'd like to see a lot more obstruction called on both sides because they've both been guilty quite often.
penscup
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by penscup »

jay_caufield wrote:I think Malone's only option whenever coming into the offesive zone should be to shoot. don't even think of anything else.
Yup, his power move to then net using his size and then hope it gets lucky.