Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by meow »

Sarcastic wrote:
count2infinity wrote:My wife and I pretty much always share food at restaurants. Sometimes we end up both really wanting to try the same two things, so we both order one and split them.
Yeah, that. All the time. Ribs and a burger, split in two.
You share that with your parrot?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

My wife's birthday is Valentine's Day so everything we do for her birthday is always jacked up in price.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Same*. Though, we have an agreement that we don't celebrate V-Day so it evens out.

*same weekend, not same day.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

so along the lines of sharing foods, this one is completely irrational, but it bugs me to no end. When we go through a drive through on our way home from somewhere (literally 3-5 minute drive from Wendy's to our front door), as soon as the food is in the car and we're pulling out of the parking lot, she opens the bag and starts munching on fries. It really gets me angry and I have no idea why. I could easily grab a few myself, but I don't and I always end up saying something along the lines of "can you just wait until we get home?" I don't know why it bothers me so much, and thus it's very irrational, but I guess my thought is, if we're going to eat in the car, then let's eat it in the car, if we're going to eat it at home, then let's eat it at home, but even that isn't much of a rational excuse.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I don't understand going out on Valentine's Day for the sake of it being V-Day. Restaurant service will generally be horrible, crowded, etc. I'd much rather go out the weekend before and enjoy a nice, quiet night out.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

We go out for breakfast for V-Day.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

shafnutz05 wrote:I don't understand going out on Valentine's Day for the sake of it being V-Day. Restaurant service will generally be horrible, crowded, etc. I'd much rather go out the weekend before and enjoy a nice, quiet night out.
We wouldn't if it wasn't her birthday (as you said, for the sake of it being V-Day). Mine is the 17th so we've just put them together since 2002. This will be the first time in 13 years that I've done something for her just because its her birthday. She also hates the color pink because of the same reason.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

count2infinity wrote:so along the lines of sharing foods, this one is completely irrational, but it bugs me to no end. When we go through a drive through on our way home from somewhere (literally 3-5 minute drive from Wendy's to our front door), as soon as the food is in the car and we're pulling out of the parking lot, she opens the bag and starts munching on fries. It really gets me angry and I have no idea why. I could easily grab a few myself, but I don't and I always end up saying something along the lines of "can you just wait until we get home?" I don't know why it bothers me so much, and thus it's very irrational, but I guess my thought is, if we're going to eat in the car, then let's eat it in the car, if we're going to eat it at home, then let's eat it at home, but even that isn't much of a rational excuse.
It's rational because she's letting the heat out of the bag!

And the fries are getting cold.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

count2infinity wrote:so along the lines of sharing foods, this one is completely irrational, but it bugs me to no end. When we go through a drive through on our way home from somewhere (literally 3-5 minute drive from Wendy's to our front door), as soon as the food is in the car and we're pulling out of the parking lot, she opens the bag and starts munching on fries. It really gets me angry and I have no idea why. I could easily grab a few myself, but I don't and I always end up saying something along the lines of "can you just wait until we get home?" I don't know why it bothers me so much, and thus it's very irrational, but I guess my thought is, if we're going to eat in the car, then let's eat it in the car, if we're going to eat it at home, then let's eat it at home, but even that isn't much of a rational excuse.
I'm 100% the same.

I guess I think I know why I hate it because I am a strong believer in the "order of operations" of eating food. Like if I have an entree and fries I always eat my entree before I eat my fries. People who eat fries before their entree annoy me and yeah, I know it's completely irrational.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Whoajustwat? Fries first, they're smaller mass and cool earlier.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Well my car is immaculate, i dont like food being eaten in it because its messy. As far as someone else eating in isolation, it kind of mills the social component of eating a meal, even though this scenario is fast food.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

The revolving door is not a carousel or a play toy.

If there are other people trying to enter or especially leave, get the **** out of the way or have the courtesy to pull your kids away from the door when others are trying to leave.
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Mango Salsa »

Idoit40fans wrote:Well my car is immaculate, i dont like food being eaten in it because its messy. As far as someone else eating in isolation, it kind of mills the social component of eating a meal, even though this scenario is fast food.

Be honest, you're worried she's hogging all the fries.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Mango Salsa wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Well my car is immaculate, i dont like food being eaten in it because its messy. As far as someone else eating in isolation, it kind of mills the social component of eating a meal, even though this scenario is fast food.

Be honest, you're worried she's hogging all the fries.
I dont eat fries often.
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

I know it's not irrational but... The unavailability of anyone to ring you out at Macy's or similar large Department stores. I suppose the point is that if it is hard to find a clerk you will continue to browse, maybe? Or they are just poorly managed.

I just want to pay for these socks for cryin out loud.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

blackjack68 wrote:
It's rational because she's letting the heat out of the bag!

And the fries are getting cold.
I actually prefer my fries to be kinda crispy, so when I get fries from the drive through I usually open the bag by default. Otherwise the heat creates steam which makes the fries go all squiggly.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

The real issue is that Wendy's fries aren't very good.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

columbia wrote:The real issue is that Wendy's fries aren't very good.
+ 1 million billion.

What are they thinking. I like their burgers and the chicken sandwich and the chili. But fries aren't even fries, more like potatoes that look like fries. And what's with the damn skin on!?
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

All fast food fries are better with 1/10th of the salt. Not to mention how much healthier it is
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Yeah, I love Wendy's but my God, their fries are awful. Just because it's ALL NATURAL SEA SALT doesn't mean I want it dumped all over my fries. I actually tend to favor BK over Wendy's, and mainly because I enjoy BK's sandwiches now and their fries are vastly superior.

And now I'm getting this banner ad :lol:
Spoiler:
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:All fast food fries are better with 1/10th of the salt. Not to mention how much healthier it is

If you're eating fast food fries, are you that concerned about health? Lol
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

meow wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:
count2infinity wrote:My wife and I pretty much always share food at restaurants. Sometimes we end up both really wanting to try the same two things, so we both order one and split them.
Yeah, that. All the time. Ribs and a burger, split in two.
You share that with your parrot?
lol, I share my eggs and my mashed potatoes with him. I actually try to share many things, but he's a picky eater. Meat isn't one of them.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

count2infinity wrote:American Crew: Fiber

It's my go to for hair product. Takes a little bit of getting used to as it's not exactly like gel, more of a cream or wax. But when it sets it doesn't get crusty like gel, and there's not much shine with it either.
Apparently I haven't been paying much attention to this thread since this was my starting point.

I completely agree with c2i. Its a great hair product that has led to some compliments because it makes your hair look more natural, yet still stylized.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

I don't understand some people. I go outside in a thick, warm, skiing coat that goes halfway down my thigh and with a collar up to my nose, all wind and water proof... so warm it has ventilation openings under my armpits.... and I see all these people run around in hoodies or sweatshirts or thin autumn jackets and you can tell they have like 5 layers under. Don't people have money for a decent winter coat anymore!?
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Before I even moved up here I bought a giant North Face McMurdo Parka. The thing is like wrapping yourself inside a nuclear reaction. I've worn it once because it's a mofo to move around in. I usually wear an old Adidas hooded jacket when I shovel snow. I'm going skiing this weekend so I'll get a second use out of it, so that's something.