Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by Willie Kool »

dodint wrote:Stuff like Cash For Clunkers really annoyed me as well. Take a perfectly good car off the road and destroy it and replace it with a new car "became MPGs!" and to stimulate the economy.
It was certainly no coincidence that this program suddenly appeared immediately after the bailout of GM and Chrysler.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I'd sugges that you need to have faith in the innovative skills of highly intelligent human beings, who will sort these issues out over time. This isn't a short or even medium run proposition.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

columbia wrote:I'd sugges that you need to have faith in the innovative skills of highly intelligent human beings, who will sort these issues out over time. This isn't a short or even medium run proposition.
dodint wrote: I'm not anti-electric car, I think once it's all sorted it'll solve a lot of different problems.
I'm not sure what more faith you'd expect me to convey? For a petrolhead that's pretty enlightened.

If there is any sense of urgency it's that I hope they do figure it out early enough to give to the third world so we don't globally continue to echo the industrial revolution and the harm it causes environmentally.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

He jerks who run the world love the status quo. It's their favorite thing. For better or worse.

So I'm not worried about the future of energy. They'll figure it out.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

People who at shows just stand there with their stupid phones or whatever and record audio/video all night. You are there to enjoy the show! You look like a tool standing in the middle of the floor with your iphone held high trying to get audio/video. I think it's just compounded be the fact that EVERYONE does it now, so when you watch a band live performance half the people in the crowd are standing their like drones with their phones up in the air. Just dumb.
yubb
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by yubb »

meow wrote:Warrior dynasty grip are the best sticks ever made. Of all time!
I use the Warrior Dynasty AX2 matte, 100 flex, Zetterberg curve. I've never held a grip stick with my hockey gloves on. When I feel them in the store I can't wrap my head around wanting to play with a grip stick. And now when I shope for sticks online 75% of them are grip!
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

skullman80 wrote:People who at shows just stand there with their stupid phones or whatever and record audio/video all night. You are there to enjoy the show! You look like a tool standing in the middle of the floor with your iphone held high trying to get audio/video. I think it's just compounded be the fact that EVERYONE does it now, so when you watch a band live performance half the people in the crowd are standing their like drones with their phones up in the air. Just dumb.
How about for one song?
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Do you find yourself watching your crappy bootleg very often?

Seems pointless. Take a picture if you want proof you were there.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

I watch my Comfortably Numb video on occasion.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

yubb wrote:
meow wrote:Warrior dynasty grip are the best sticks ever made. Of all time!
I use the Warrior Dynasty AX2 matte, 100 flex, Zetterberg curve. I've never held a grip stick with my hockey gloves on. When I feel them in the store I can't wrap my head around wanting to play with a grip stick. And now when I shope for sticks online 75% of them are grip!
It is one of those things that feels all funky at first. After a few times using it, I don't think I could go back to non-gripped sticks.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

shmenguin wrote:Do you find yourself watching your crappy bootleg very often?

Seems pointless. Take a picture if you want proof you were there.
Tried recording a song when Foo Fighters played at Consol in 2011. Between having to navigate between moving heads and the poor sound quality, it wasn't worth it.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

blackjack68 wrote:
skullman80 wrote:People who at shows just stand there with their stupid phones or whatever and record audio/video all night. You are there to enjoy the show! You look like a tool standing in the middle of the floor with your iphone held high trying to get audio/video. I think it's just compounded be the fact that EVERYONE does it now, so when you watch a band live performance half the people in the crowd are standing their like drones with their phones up in the air. Just dumb.
How about for one song?
Still annoying, but not as annoying as the doing it the whole show I guess.

I mean I know people use to hold up tape recorders back in the day, but at least those things didn't have 6 inch screens that could light up a room. I dunno. It just drives me nuts. The thing that brought this on is I was watching the Metallica performance from the Concert of Valor tribute from a couple days ago, and the entire audience was holding up their stupid phones during all 3 songs. It's like WTF. Hard to get an exact shot, but you will see what I mean below.
Spoiler:
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

That's society today...don't live in the moment now, when I could partially experience the moment later...
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

There was a story a little ways back about Peter Frampton taking a concert goers phone and chucking it to the back of the stage destroying it.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

mikey287 wrote:That's society today...don't live in the moment now, when I could partially experience the moment later...
I've had a similar peeve in the past. I don't understand people that go on vacation and take snapshots of empty landscapes. I have very few photos without a member of my family or something personally significant in them. Same with folks that record sporting events on their phone or video camera. Enjoy the show and let the professional TV crews record for you.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Anyone taking videos at a show is a grade A jagoff.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Thank you. At least I'm a Grade A something...
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Someone right behind me was doing that at a show I was at some months ago, it was like someone driving right behind you with their high beams on...really obnoxious. My friend just stuck his hand in front of the guys' phone till he stopped.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

if you're using a device that will give you a quality recording, you're filming at a good angle, and you intend to share with other fans, have at it hoss. otherwise, i don't know what you're gaining.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Did he have the light on?

THat's weird.
pens9192
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pens9192 »

I work in Cubicle Land and the upper cube wall directly in front of me is a row of glass panels so I can look straight ahead and see clearly what is in front of me. A girls sits in the cube in front of me and her whole morning usually consists of: Online shopping (Gap, Old Navy, Amazon, etc), Facebook, Gmail, Instagram, playing around with her iPhone and then her nails. In between all of that she will socialize with some other people on our team, mainly complaining about something (usually her husband) . Then its lunch time. Rinse and repeat for most of the afternoon. She might do 30-60 minutes of work a day. She doesn't even try to hide her web browsing as she does it on a 21 inch widescreen monitor angled directly where people can see it easily. From what I can gather, she is pretty well liked around the office so yeah... I don't know why those sites are even unblocked in the first place. Ticks me off.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

pens9192 wrote: I don't know why those sites are even unblocked in the first place. Ticks me off.
As he posts to LGP.com... :lol:
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

pens9192 wrote:A girls sits in the cube in front of me...mainly complaining about something (usually her husband)...From what I can gather, she is pretty well liked around the office so yeah...
I think I see why she still has a job... 8-)
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

Crankshaft wrote:
pens9192 wrote: I don't know why those sites are even unblocked in the first place. Ticks me off.
As he posts to LGP.com... :lol:
Ha was thinking the same thing.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

I'm getting pretty **** sick of the phrase "break the internet"