Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by slappybrown »

Weather dot com is run by crazy people.

http://gawker.com/5982593/snow-panic-ha ... ely-insane" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

Eismann wrote:
pens9192 wrote:
PghSkins wrote:Getting requests for every day garden variety meetings over the weekend. Hey, if there's some problem over the weekend, it's my job to get involved, but don't make me think about the day to day on a Saturday afternoon.
There always seem to be one or two of these people in every department/team. Two of my last managers have done this but usually they did it when they were out most of the workweek or slammed with meetings nearly every day. I didn't get why regular staff would remote in and pound out three or four emails every Sunday. Just wait until Monday especially because the emails weren't mission critical.
I have to chip away on the weekends. Too much chizz to deal with during the week.

And it's not like I'm asking for a call/meeting actually on a sat or sun, if that's what was meant.
stop doing that. our phones buzz and we have to interrupt our day off by reading something that should be sent on a week day.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

MRandall25 wrote:Accuweather.com
Yup. Pretty reliable and easy to navigate.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

blackjack68 wrote:
MRandall25 wrote:Accuweather.com
Yup. Pretty reliable and easy to navigate.
Cool. Never looked there because the Accu Weather branding isn't used here and for some reason I thought it would be region specific.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

AccuWeather was founded by a PSU graduate. He was an alumni elected member of the Board of Trustees who was on the board during the Sandusky scandal and involved in the firing of Paterno and PSU President Graham Spanier. He recently lost his alumni seat during the latest election.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

For about the last six months or so, my work computer (a Dell laptop, XP) will go though period during the day where CPU usage is pegged at 100%. It renders the device more or less INOP for about five minutes or so until it clears. I run Google Chrome on all devices, and I've noticed that when the CPU jam happens there will be more instances of 'chrome.exe' on the process list than I have open tabs and running extensions. Now I'm also getting a notice "The extension 'SelectionLinks' was automatically removed" when I restart Chrome. I have never installed that extension, but the Google Box says it's malware.

Anyway, super annoying.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Comedy albums with visual jokes

My desk is not a one stop shop. Please do not just walk up and take a pen/paper clip/stapler/etc.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

PensFanInDC wrote:
My desk is not a one stop shop. Please do not just walk up and take a pen/paper clip/stapler/etc.
lol is this serious? I mean, I guess the pen if they take it and keep it without asking would be odd, but an office paper clip? Using your stapler?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Would you like it if someone just walked into your office and grabbed stuff off your desk without asking and just walked out? I don't care about the item. I care about the respect for my work space. Yes I am serious.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

PensFanInDC wrote:Would you like it if someone just walked into your office and grabbed stuff off your desk without asking and just walked out? I don't care about the item. I care about the respect for my work space. Yes I am serious.
Shut your door.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

meow wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:Would you like it if someone just walked into your office and grabbed stuff off your desk without asking and just walked out? I don't care about the item. I care about the respect for my work space. Yes I am serious.
Shut your door.
Company policy is to keep doors open unless in a meeting/on a conference call.

I don't care if someone needs something and doesn't want to walk the 10 feet to the supply room (my office is right next to it), but please ask. I don't like it when someone just walks in and grabs something off of my desk without asking.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

'arians' foster
'leshean' mccoy
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

i'm in charge of keeping our office's technology running. i get an e-mail from someone using a PC on our network, using an account in our Exchange server saying "the network is down". ORLY?
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Must've blocked Facebook with the content filter.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

PensFanInDC wrote:
meow wrote:
Shut your door.
Company policy is to keep doors open unless in a meeting/on a conference call.

I don't care if someone needs something and doesn't want to walk the 10 feet to the supply room (my office is right next to it), but please ask. I don't like it when someone just walks in and grabs something off of my desk without asking.
Spoiler:
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

okey but....
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

this is the irrational pet peeves thread, so there's no reason that PFiDC should have to justify his peeves.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Leaving your food in the microwave way past the time it was done. There are plenty of people trying to use the same microwave
pens9192
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pens9192 »

mac5155 wrote:Leaving your food in the microwave way past the time it was done. There are plenty of people trying to use the same microwave
Reminds me of a time at my former employer when I went to heat up my lunch. I didn't smell fresh cooked food, the microwave wasn't warm and I sat right near the microwave so I know no one had been using it. The microwave was set on top of a low cabinet that came to my waist area. I opened the door and did a quick bend back to make sure it was clear and it was. I heated my food up for about 3 minutes. When it was done, I took my food out and suddenly one of my co-workers was right behind me and said "Uh, my food was in there with yours." I was speechless as they took out a tiny container of green beans that was now all wrinkly. I could only mutter a "Uh..sorry. I didn't see it". They shook their head and said, "Its ok, they are just overcooked now" and walked away. Pretty awkward and they probably hated me after that. She had placed her container l the way against the back interior wall of the microwave (no turntable) like 30 minutes before. The only way I could have seen it beforehand was to bend all the way down and peer in but ain't nobody got time for that.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

Sorry, you leave stuff in the nuker for half an hour you deserve soggy peas.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

Exclamation mark
DropEmJayBird
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by DropEmJayBird »

tifosi77 wrote:Sorry, you leave stuff in the nuker for half an hour you deserve soggy peas.
you put in microwave, you cook in microwave.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

people that like their own facebook status
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

So we use Microsoft Lync at work...there is this girl I am working with now that not only uses ridiculous font sizes/colors etc, but changes her font every day. At the moment, the font is Kristen ITC (wtf is that even?), size 16, color purple. Sprinkled with plenty of LMAOs and LOLs.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

shafnutz05 wrote:So we use Microsoft Lync at work...there is this girl I am working with now that not only uses ridiculous font sizes/colors etc, but changes her font every day. At the moment, the font is Kristen ITC (wtf is that even?), size 16, color purple. Sprinkled with plenty of LMAOs and LOLs.
WTF. Is she 12?