Your irrational pet peeves

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Re: Your irrational pet peeves

Post by shafnutz05 »

Tom Bergeron, easily.
Eismann
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Eismann »

shafnutz05 wrote:Tom Bergeron, easily.
/thread.

THE phoniest phony in this phony-phone town.
Spoiler:
Got a 3-5-7 and I break-it-on-down
Spoiler:
/Uncle L
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Crankshaft wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:ellipses... it seems as if everyone uses these in email... why...
calling mikey287....
I use them when I get distracted in mid sentence. I also realize how guilty I am.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

I do this......
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

"New Country". It sucks, from Florida Georgia Line all the way to Luke Bryan even. I enjoy hip-hop, but I hate that every new country song has rapped lyrics. Even Brad Paisley, who I do enjoy, is releasing an "EDM-inspired" album this fall. Barf
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I've seen lots of guys who look like that in Georgia, but none of them rap (to my knowledge).
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

When applying for jobs, and I have to manually enter in my entire employment history even though all of this information is contained within my resume and cover letter.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

shafnutz05 wrote:When applying for jobs, and I have to manually enter in my entire employment history even though all of this information is contained within my resume and cover letter.
You worked in HR right? Is there any logical reason for making applicants do this? I hate it too.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

PensFanInDC wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:When applying for jobs, and I have to manually enter in my entire employment history even though all of this information is contained within my resume and cover letter.
You worked in HR right? Is there any logical reason for making applicants do this? I hate it too.
I assumed it is to format the data so that candidates can be automatically categorized and filtered. But I also figured that the data can be pulled from the resumes, but some people probably use idiotic formats where that can't be done....that's my blind assesment.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

PensFanInDC wrote:
Yeah there are definitely reasons for it....uniformity for one. Just annoying though.
shmenguin
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by shmenguin »

PensFanInDC wrote:
you can't scan a resume and reliably get all the information loaded into an organized database. so instead of paying someone to do data entry, they have you do it for free. seems reasonable to me.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I do a lot of copying for my job. Most of what I copy are bio science reports and workbooks. When I make my copies I do so in a specific order so that I can grab it out of the tray and it's ready to go. Our copier is also the office printer. People will walk into the copy room where I am standing and just grab stuff out of the output tray and start to flip through it. When they see that their stuff isn't in there they will just toss it onto the table next to the copier. This drives me insane. There is a button labeled "job status" on the copier. If you hit that button you will see where your job is in the queue. Nobody seems to get that. You have a Ph.D. in biology but you can't figure out how to an em effin' button to see where your print job is. Instead you take my copies, which are in a specific order, shuffle them around, and toss them on a table without a care.

F you scientists...
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

PensFanInDC wrote:I do a lot of copying for my job. Most of what I copy are bio science reports and workbooks. When I make my copies I do so in a specific order so that I can grab it out of the tray and it's ready to go. Our copier is also the office printer. People will walk into the copy room where I am standing and just grab stuff out of the output tray and start to flip through it. When they see that their stuff isn't in there they will just toss it onto the table next to the copier. This drives me insane. There is a button labeled "job status" on the copier. If you hit that button you will see where your job is in the queue. Nobody seems to get that. You have a Ph.D. in biology but you can't figure out how to an em effin' button to see where your print job is. Instead you take my copies, which are in a specific order, shuffle them around, and toss them on a table without a care.

F you scientists...
A secure print function was installed on our companies printer so that you have to enter a PIN number at the printer to access your print jobs. I love it for the fact that I can print my documents out at any point and pick them up without worry of them getting lost.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I have asked them time and time again to use secure print but they can't figure it out
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

PensFanInDC wrote:I have asked them time and time again to use secure print but they can't figure it out
can't figure it out, or don't care?
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

yeah SCIENCE
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

count2infinity wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:I have asked them time and time again to use secure print but they can't figure it out
can't figure it out, or don't care?
Half and half. I've showed 3 of the 7 study directors how to do it multiple times. 2 of them don't know how to add paper to the copier. I'm not saying they are dumb, not by a long shot, they just don't have some the common sense low IQ folk like me seem to have.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

PC LOAD LETTER
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by PghSkins »

Matt Adams, no matter where he is from
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Pop up ads on LGP that automatically download .exe files to my computer
pens9192
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pens9192 »

You place an order online for a store and you get an error. I contact them electronically about the error because I don't really have time to call them. They contact me back and tell me to call them about the problem or to order over the phone. I don't want to do that! I wanted to order it online so fix it so I can do it online. If I wanted to call and order I would have done it in the first place!
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

When people make a blanket comparison with no basis.

My buddy had back surgery a few years ago. So did Eric LeGrand.

My buddy is not paralyzed. Same thing, different situations.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

songs that have people talking in it. not background noise, but actual reading a verse or chorus or whatever. it bothers me.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

So everything Lou Reed ever did?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

canaan wrote:songs that have people talking in it. not background noise, but actual reading a verse or chorus or whatever. it bothers me.
Not a fan of Baz Lurhmann "Everyone's Free to Wear Sunscreen" song?