Official GDT: Pens vs Lightning 4/6/24

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.
Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Lightning 4/6/24

Post by Southern Fan »

Bet Sullivan plays Jarry against Toronto and we lose.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Puck-Lurker wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:42 pm Give Ned a star for this game. That last play is genius
WOO

I'm too old for this !!!

Bunting - Sid, keep him with Evgeni. ( i think there was a coup d'état and Sid is running the team)
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Admin wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:45 pm Crazy that they have two ways to get in.
Jay Caufield - when on local radio, has said for 2-3 weeks, 3rd place metro is the path he saw.
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

Admin wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:44 pm Can I open my eyes yet? :lol:
I would've been crapping my trousers for that last minute, had it been Jarry
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

It’s been a while since I have yelled at my TV this much during a game, probably last playoff series.
Zalapski33
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Zalapski33 »

An awful Collapse in the 3rd Period,just stopped playing with any composure.
Ned struggled in the 3rd but at the end made the game winning saves.He is a battler for sure.Stood up when it had to happen.
Geno had his best performance all year.The entire Line was their best.Bunting with a clutch Goal to get the Win.
Karlsson was outstanding for most of this one.His play was noticeable in a good way.Made a difference.
The lack of forecheck and giveaways nearly cost them until they went at TB late.They dug down in the final 5 minutes to get it.

A chaotic end to what had been a near perfect game for 2 Periods.Everything about the first 40 Minutes was outstanding.For whatever reason it went south in about 10 minutes but the effort late brought it back.They showed some character to not let this end in a Loss.
Last edited by Zalapski33 on Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

E-Ramone wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:45 pm That felt like a playoff game.
Reminded me of that Caps playoff game when the Pens blew the lead in the 3rd and the Caps tied in late on the power play when I think the Pens were down 2 men because they shot the puck over the stupid glass. Pens then won in OT.

League really needs to raise the height of the glass! I hate these automatic penalties for those plays.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

DelPen wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:55 pm It’s been a while since I have yelled at my TV this much during a game, probably last playoff series.
It's a good sign, amirite? There is a pulse! Unfortunately, it looks like the wrong week to stop taking my blood pressure meds. :shock:
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

Looks like the hoping we lose every game remaining is gone.

GOOD!!!!!!
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

stonewizard51
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stonewizard51 »

I can breathe now. :)
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Southern Fan »

Karlsson sensing these guys actually do want to win and he has picked up his game.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Think how much better this team can be next season with no Carter and Smith...and Jarry...and Graves... You get the point :)
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

Hopefully, the Blue Jackets somehow pull a rabbit out of a hat tonight against the Cryers.
Sams_Dog
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Sams_Dog »

This is pretty amazing. I did not even dare to think this might be coming. I was on the "lose more games and get a better draft pick" bandwagon a week and a half ago. The NHL is crazy. If rhey make the playoffs I will be very tempted to pick them to make a run in my playoff bracket pool.
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

BUF-DET and OTT-WSH tomorrow. If Wings and Caps lose, we (remain) in WC2. Bizarre...
Antonio
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Antonio »

So, if the NYI lose their game in hand, the penguins control their own destiny? Am I correct in that assessment? Absolutely insane. Honestly I still fully expect them to miss because I just don't expect this pace to continue but regardless, they've made it interesting at a point that it should have been impossible to do so. Since the optimal draft position is gone, let's hope they can pull out a miracle and sneak in.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Badger Bob wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:18 pm Hopefully, the Blue Jackets somehow pull a rabbit out of a hat tonight against the Cryers.
The Flyers were over achieving and are now crashing to earth compounded by Torts going full Torts.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Antonio wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:40 pm So, if the NYI lose their game in hand, the penguins control their own destiny? Am I correct in that assessment? Absolutely insane. Honestly I still fully expect them to miss because I just don't expect this pace to continue but regardless, they've made it interesting at a point that it should have been impossible to do so. Since the optimal draft position is gone, let's hope they can pull out a miracle and sneak in.
I think winning out wins a playoff spot but now if the Isles lose the game in hand that winning out is 3rd in the Metro.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Props to POJ too. He's been very solid/reliable since being bumped to play with 58. Not so noticeable. Which is a good thing.
Maestro
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Maestro »

KG wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:17 pm Think how much better this team can be next season with no Carter and Smith...and Jarry...and Graves... You get the point :)
Have they lost since Graves has been out?
Maestro
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Maestro »

Badger Bob wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:18 pm Hopefully, the Blue Jackets somehow pull a rabbit out of a hat tonight against the Cryers.
Get back at the coach who searched all their phones to pull dirt on them. Ruin his season
Puck-Lurker
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Puck-Lurker »

DelPen wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:47 pm
Antonio wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:40 pm So, if the NYI lose their game in hand, the penguins control their own destiny? Am I correct in that assessment? Absolutely insane. Honestly I still fully expect them to miss because I just don't expect this pace to continue but regardless, they've made it interesting at a point that it should have been impossible to do so. Since the optimal draft position is gone, let's hope they can pull out a miracle and sneak in.
I think winning out wins a playoff spot but now if the Isles lose the game in hand that winning out is 3rd in the Metro.
We don't control our destiny, as of right now. We do have a game against Isles left. Isles, Caps and Flyers all have games in hand.

If Isles lose a game in hand, winning everything doesn't guarantee a playoff spot in and of itself. Five teams fighting for two spots.
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by 100565 »

Puck-Lurker wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:06 pm
DelPen wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:47 pm
We don't control our destiny, as of right now. We do have a game against Isles left. Isles, Caps and Flyers all have games in hand.

If Isles lose a game in hand, winning everything doesn't guarantee a playoff spot in and of itself. Five teams fighting for two spots.
The Pens play both NYI and DET still. If the Pens win all remaining games in regulation they are guaranteed a playoff spot.