What do you think the Pens will do with Jake by the trade deadline

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

What do you think the Pens will do with Jake by the trade deadline?

Sign him
14%
Trade him
62%
Deal with it after the season
25%

Total votes: 65

Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: What do you think the Pens will do with Jake by the trade deadline

Post by Pitts »

Wyopen wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:58 am Why didn’t KD allow Carolina to speak with Jake about an extension? Maybe he would have gotten a better return if signed.
It wasn't KD that set that rule - Guentzel and his agent did. I suspect they really want to see what the market brings. Also truly opens up the possibility of him coming back here in the summer. I suspect his wife probably really doesn't want to move. I've read that they really love it here.
maopens
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by maopens »

This smells a bit like listening to Ben Cherington talk about the need to rebuild the prospect pool from the bottom up. Maybe KD met with him for some pointers?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Pitts wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:56 am
Wyopen wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:58 am Why didn’t KD allow Carolina to speak with Jake about an extension? Maybe he would have gotten a better return if signed.
It wasn't KD that set that rule - Guentzel and his agent did. I suspect they really want to see what the market brings. Also truly opens up the possibility of him coming back here in the summer. I suspect his wife probably really doesn't want to move. I've read that they really love it here.
Oh, man, here comes the Hometown Discount nonsense...
Cow_Master66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cow_Master66 »

Raleigh is an great city....She will love it there too...
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by lemieuxReturns »

Cow_Master66 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:13 am Raleigh is an great city....She will love it there too...
It really depends. I have a friend who visited with the intention of moving there and he hated it.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

Cow_Master66 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:13 am Raleigh is an great city....She will love it there too...
Not knocking the city at all. Depends on the person really. I think she's from PGH - not sure how much she wants to stay by family. My wife is a nut about that - would never let us move out of this town. I'm also not a millionaire hockey player, so there's that. :)