Other NHL Games >>>>>>>

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Other NHL Games >>>>>>>

Post by KG »

No Bettman to present the Cup?
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

KG wrote:No Bettman to present the Cup?
He's got COVID
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

Wild seeing Daley award the cup... apparently Bettman has covid. He finally found a way to avoid the boo's.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

brwi wrote:
KG wrote:No Bettman to present the Cup?
He's got COVID
Ah. Missed that :) thanks!
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Sigwolf wrote:Wild seeing Daley award the cup... apparently Bettman has covid. He finally found a way to avoid the boo's.
Daley brings some more enthusiasm to the ceremony instead of the usual Bettman blah.
Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Southern Fan »

Congrats Jack Johnson! Wish we didn’t have his cap hit.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

The Sedin’s are not hall of fame players. Not nearly close to point per game players.

They were media darlings and good in the Vancouver community, but they aren’t HHOF players IMO.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

Well that was very sickening. Just watched the Flyers come back from 2 down to win and stay undefeated with new coach Tortorella.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

offsides wrote:Well that was very sickening. Just watched the Flyers come back from 2 down to win and stay undefeated with new coach Tortorella.
It's early. The guy stumbled on the right mix and won a Cup early in his coaching career. He was then replaced by Barry freaking Melrose. He's been an side show ever since, and will reveal himself to be the same soon enough. The players and fans in Philadelphia will tire of his antics before long.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

Sigwolf wrote:
offsides wrote:Well that was very sickening. Just watched the Flyers come back from 2 down to win and stay undefeated with new coach Tortorella.
It's early. The guy stumbled on the right mix and won a Cup early in his coaching career. He was then replaced by Barry freaking Melrose. He's been an side show ever since, and will reveal himself to be the same soon enough. The players and fans in Philadelphia will tire of his antics before long.
Hope you are right, I definitely have no use for the Flyers, their fans and Tortorella.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

Well crap. I just barfed in my lap after watching the Flyers come from 2 down again and win. Beat Tampa at home to remain undefeated. Torts effect?

Edit: That Florida game looked more like the Flyers I like and want to see more of. It was a back to back but they looked very ugly. Sandstrom kept them in the game for a while.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

Gotta love it. ChiHawks seemed to be trying to get worse in the off season with the intention of tanking. They're currently 19th in league standings. Even Sam Lafferty is tearing it up with 7 points in 12 games.
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Post by BigMcK »

Watching the Kraken vs. Predators game.

Just glad that Ryan McDonagh isn't a Penguin. Turn over machine that makes Pillsbury jealous.

Just sad that Brandon Tanev isn't a Penguin. Tripped up into the boards, he jumped back up and was ready to go with any Predators player.

Not the size of the dog in a fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Passion and never step down.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

Sigwolf wrote:
Cold rainy miserable day but watching the Flyers lose put a smile on my face. They are 2-6-2 in last ten. Looking like you may be right about Torts antics. :fist:
On another team. I sure don't know much about the Devils except that they are the third youngest team in the league, but how did they win 13 in a row? Their schedule looked fairly easy but still.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

Just got a little sick by watching Boston come from 2 goals down and beat Carolina to become the first team in NHL history to win their first 12 home games.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

Stumbled upon a surprising, maybe even shocking, stat today. The Sabres, yes Buffalo, leads the league at 4 goals for per game. If someone had asked before I saw that, they'd have been towards the bottom of my guess list.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

ville5 wrote:Stumbled upon a surprising, maybe even shocking, stat today. The Sabres, yes Buffalo, leads the league at 4 goals for per game. If someone had asked before I saw that, they'd have been towards the bottom of my guess list.
And they score 4 again for an OT victory against a very good Boston team at Boston. Highly doubt but hope we will be able to match that Monday.
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

Dude, you have to feel for Bruce. That interview yesterday afternoon was brutal. What he's being put through is unwarranted for anyone.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Pruezy11881 wrote:Dude, you have to feel for Bruce. That interview yesterday afternoon was brutal. What he's being put through is unwarranted for anyone.
Sounds like they're bringing in Tocchet tomorrow.

Rutherford has created a soap opera there. Think it's time for him to retire too.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

KG wrote:
Pruezy11881 wrote:Dude, you have to feel for Bruce. That interview yesterday afternoon was brutal. What he's being put through is unwarranted for anyone.
Sounds like they're bringing in Tocchet tomorrow.

Rutherford has created a soap opera there. Think it's time for him to retire too.
Yeah it is, probably past time. Glad I'm not a Canucks fan because he isn't up to the job and his lack of class and professionalism has everyone miserable or wanting to get the hell out of Vancouver.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Flames/Rangers game is old school tonight. Fights. Several huge Trouba hits. Trouba needs to get his at some point.

Pens don’t have anyone to do that obviously
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

Not your usual take on Torts.
https://www.nhl.com/news/pierre-luc-dub ... -320639514" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

Well that sucked watching the Caps beat the Bruins at Boston. Bruins have now lost 4 of last 5. Was hoping they would help us and smack the Caps.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

Well crap. Just watched the Panthers come from behind twice against the Ducks and win in overtime to move ahead of us. At least we have a lot of games in hand. BIG game tonight!
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by offsides »

I don't know much about Tampa and if they have any player issues, but I am enjoying watching them go for their fifth loss in a row.