Other NHL Games 2018-19 Edition.

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Other NHL Games 2018-19 Edition.

Post by KG »

Isles playing these games in Brooklyn are also no comparison to the crowds they had in Long Island. That can't be underestimated. Thinking if we played the series in Brooklyn, the outcome may have been a little different.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Some stars player took three embarrassing dives from Bortuzzo who I guess cross checked him the first time but not the next two.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

DelPen wrote:Some stars player took three embarrassing dives from Bortuzzo who I guess cross checked him the first time but not the next two.
I saw that. They weren't just dives, they were swan dives. Bill Barber, former Flyer, would be proud.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Sara Civ
‏Verified account @SaraCivian
22h22 hours ago

The Canes have recalled Alex Nedeljkovic from Charlotte with Mrazek’s day to day status. Nedeljkovic won the AHL’s most outstanding goaltender award this season. Had a really strong first NHL start in Vancouver with the Canes in Jan.
Good luck to Alex!
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

Is it just me or did the Rangers overpay to acquire Fox?? Kid hasn't had a minute of ice as a pro and the cost was a second rounder and a conditional third. Seems kinds crazy to me...
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Pruezy11881 wrote:Is it just me or did the Rangers overpay to acquire Fox?? Kid hasn't had a minute of ice as a pro and the cost was a second rounder and a conditional third. Seems kinds crazy to me...
It could end up as two 2nd rounders if he plays 30 games, so that is a kind of steep on a rebuilding franchise for a college hockey player. How good Fox will be is a question mark with some calling him a definite future #1 and others wondering if he'll improve enough defensively to not be a big liability. He didn't want to sign with Calgary or Carolina so I guess he got what he wanted going to NY.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Holy **** what a goal by Faulk
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Isles and Canes about as evenly matched as you can get
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Better stay in net next time, Lehner.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

brwi wrote:Isles and Canes about as evenly matched as you can get
Isles have the big edge in ***** factor
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

brwi wrote:Better stay in net next time, Lehner.
I don’t know, Boucher is right that 9/10 times it’s fine but Aho gets a lucky stab then Williams looked to hit both posts and in to beat him.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Canes were just a little better as the 3rd went on and I think their crowd really helped give them that little extra. Place was rocking and fired up all game and really appreciating the team after a 10yr playoff drought of futility. Even louder than the night they clinched a playoff spot this year.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Post by Faubert5 »

Refs fail to call a blatant slash to Bishop's back and lose control of the game. They never, ever learn.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

I think I picked the isles over the canes, but I'm happy to see another team get swept.
FYI- look how long it has taken Jordan to lead the canes. GMJR's trade - Pens got Dumoulin.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

No HC gives a better in-game interview than BrindAmour. The refreshing honesty and emotion is great.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Isles about to be going from the sweepers to the swept. Canes are definitely peaking at the right time with everyone contributing to the max and probably wish they didn't have a decent size break from games coming up because the B's/Jackets sure looks like it could go 7.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

brwi wrote:Isles about to be going from the sweepers to the swept. Canes are definitely peaking at the right time with everyone contributing to the max and probably wish they didn't have a decent size break from games coming up because the B's/Jackets sure looks like it could go 7.
What now? The Canes won't want the break from a sweep because the Bruins/BJs might go 7? Both the Isle and BJs swept round 1. Apparently didn't work for one, may or may not work for the other. I've always been of the belief that early round sweeps are counter productive and momentum killers. Conference final sweep... well-timed rest from a tough playoff schedule. Division final sweep, eh, could go either way. You can't very well say the Canes would be in trouble sweeping the Islanders if they face the Bjs in the conference final who swept the Lightning in the first round, then struggled. A sweep is a sweep, nothing more.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

This guy singing the anthem in St Louis is horrible
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Canes getting rest means their injured players get healthy. That matters.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

DelPen wrote:Canes getting rest means their injured players get healthy. That matters.
That will be a plus for sure. Mrazek will be back and guys like Martinook and Van Reimsdyk who have been real hobbled will have some time to heal up. I don't know at this point if Ferland returning or not is a big deal as he's a 3rd liner to begin with who wasn't playing well down the stretch and Canes haven't missed him, but healthy bodies being ready to go as the playoffs go deeper does matter.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Post by Faubert5 »

DelPen wrote:This guy singing the anthem in St Louis is horrible
Not that it's an easy song to sing, but there seems to be a lot of that going around.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

McAvoy jumps into Anderson’s jaw shoulder first and only gets a minor. These refs should be fired immediately after this game.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

DelPen wrote:McAvoy jumps into Anderson’s jaw shoulder first and only gets a minor. These refs should be fired immediately after this game.
That was a horrible non call. They give him a 2 minute minor for illegal contact to the head. So in other words they say he hit his head but it wasn’t bad lol what a joke.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote:McAvoy jumps into Anderson’s jaw shoulder first and only gets a minor. These refs should be fired immediately after this game.
They definitely need replay for situations like this. They could have seen the video and made the right call in less time. The NHL isn't serious about headshots.
Cu11en
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Cu11en »

Nothing like being the team that got swept by the team that got swept by the team that got swept by the team in the Cup Final.