Other NHL Games 2018-19 Edition.

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Other NHL Games 2018-19 Edition.

Post by Great58 »

Liverlips wrote:
brwi wrote:Looking like the clock has struck midnight on the Canes as Caps up 2-0 after 7 mins.
How many of us thought that too? And then again after they went up 3-1? You gotta hand it to the Canes. Pretty darned impressive performance.
I texted my buddy at 2-0 and told him the Canes were just setting up the heartbreak in Washington. I felt less sure at 3-1, but then the Caps seemed to lose their intensity.
Caps lineup should have put this series away way before game 7. I think the Islanders will roll over the Canes. But I guess you never know!
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Comment I just read from a Caps fan: "Time to take a break and absorb what just happened. We will always have last year."

Made me chuckle.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Humperdink wrote:Comment I just read from a Caps fan: "Time to take a break and absorb what just happened. We will always have last year."

Made me chuckle.

When you from this •Fewest Points: 21, by the 1974–75 Washington Capitals to Stanley Cup champions and it took over 40 years........you "always have last year". Most Cap fans won't be alive when they win again.
Faubert5
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Formerly known as NashvilleCat - don't want any association with the Predators.

Post by Faubert5 »

Zarovich wrote:
Liverlips wrote:
brwi wrote:Looking like the clock has struck midnight on the Canes as Caps up 2-0 after 7 mins.
How many of us thought that too? And then again after they went up 3-1? You gotta hand it to the Canes. Pretty darned impressive performance.
I thought the Sharks - Knights game was over at 3-0. At least Carolina wasn't gifted a 5 minute power play. They just took it to the Caps and beat them.
At the time I thought the call was harsh but justifiable. I should have known I was wrong when Keith Jones agreed. The refs got it wrong and even the league knows it. The missed delay of game call was awful but not as bad. The league needs to use TV review more on these calls and not be afraid to correct obvious errors rather than apologize after the outcome is determined.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Liverlips wrote:
Amazed me. Canes really struggle playing from behind but that redefined "resilience" in that game and the whole series. Now they're off to play the Isles who are probably wondering if they really are still in the playoffs after not playing in 10 days. "Hey NHL, don't forget about us, we won our series!"
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Never been a BJ nor a Torts fan, but I sure would like them to dispatch the Bruins.
Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Southern Fan »

Furlatt and O,Halloran not assigned to second round playoffs due to that fiasco in game 7 in San Jose. Also, NHL reportedly called the owner of the Knights and apologized.

Watch San Jose make the cup finals. I think I would want my favorite team to be swept in the first round than to lose like that.

So if they start reviewing majors in Toronto, are they going to review the non-major calls on Tom Wilson?
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Southern Fan wrote:Furlatt and O,Halloran not assigned to second round playoffs due to that fiasco in game 7 in San Jose. Also, NHL reportedly called the owner of the Knights and apologized.

Watch San Jose make the cup finals. I think I would want my favorite team to be swept in the first round than to lose like that.

So if they start reviewing majors in Toronto, are they going to review the non-major calls on Tom Wilson?
I think they should simply have an automatic review on injuries that force the whistle to be blown. The refs can check the video while the training staff is tending to the player. They can do that in the amount of time they huddle and say "I didn't see nothing, but something happened...who was the closest player".
Cu11en
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Cu11en »

How is Simmonds up for the Messier leadership award?? Did I miss something?
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Cu11en wrote:How is Simmonds up for the Messier leadership award?? Did I miss something?
Wasn't Messier a bit dirty? :twisted:
Cu11en
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Cu11en »

That he was. I’m thinking 20 years from now we might see the Tom Wilson Courage award.
Stillerz Bar
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Stillerz Bar »

Cu11en wrote:That he was. I’m thinking 20 years from now we might see the Tom Wilson Courage award.
Yup.... he always had the courage to watch someone writhe in pain after cheap shotting them. :roll:

He epitomizes what is most wriog in the NHL. It's a shame too because no other sport has the potential for a better post season than hockey but the league blows it every year by allowing "hard working" (aka less skilled) player beat up on the best of the best.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

The video feed for the Isles/Canes games appears to be from the Goodyear blimp. Sky high. Tough to watch.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Humperdink wrote:The video feed for the Isles/Canes games appears to be from the Goodyear blimp. Sky high. Tough to watch.
Not loving it either. It was OK for a bit but still waiting for regular angle.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

brwi wrote:
Humperdink wrote:The video feed for the Isles/Canes games appears to be from the Goodyear blimp. Sky high. Tough to watch.
Not loving it either. It was OK for a bit but still waiting for regular angle.
We have it now. :thumb:
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Two things, 1) you would never know Forslund is the Canes home announcer and 2) didn’t anyone tell Mrazek he’s not allowed to elevate his glove to make saves against the Islanders?
Cu11en
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Cu11en »

DelPen wrote:Two things, 1) you would never know Forslund is the Canes home announcer and 2) didn’t anyone tell Mrazek he’s not allowed to elevate his glove to make saves against the Islanders?
Wow didn’t even make that connection for this NBCSN broadcast. I live in Raleigh so Canes and Forslund are always on TV. But now that you mention that, I noticed he’s kept some of his catch phrases under wraps. For example, “Mrazek says no!!!!”
Cu11en
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Cu11en »

No one can say that Lehner hasn’t been a brick wall, but his rebounds have been getting juicier and juicier as the game’s worn on. Meanwhile, that one year contract for Mrazek is looking more and more like a steal.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

lol....fake goal.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Wow! Good on you Jordan.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

brwi wrote:Wow! Good on you Jordan.
Mr. Clutch. Hoping the Canes get it done.
Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Southern Fan »

So the Canes figured out a way not to give up a lead after scoring the first goal in the game
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Bergeron takes a horrible offensive zone penalty that gives the jackets a power play and evens the series. Ha ha!
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

Brindamour shutting down the Isles. Makes HCMS look pretty bad. Just sayin'. Why is HCRB not a Jack Adams finalist? Gonna be funny when the Canes sweep the Isles and go to ECF and Cooper is playing golf again.
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

pronovost19 wrote:Brindamour shutting down the Isles. Makes HCMS look pretty bad. Just sayin'. Why is HCRB not a Jack Adams finalist? Gonna be funny when the Canes sweep the Isles and go to ECF and Cooper is playing golf again.
The big issue for the Canes might be having enough healthy bodies to finish off the Isles. The injuries just keep on going up and not getting anyone back, all while Aho has been in very extended slump for the last 20+ games. HCRB is working some serious magic.