Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Official Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Post by DelPen »

This team would never go bold on offense as long as Tomlin is in charge. Big picture, this team has always had its most success when the run game was strong and then an elite QB put us over the top making big plays when needed. I don’t need an OC to get the most out of Kenny, I want a better QB. But we direly need a center and LT upgrade to get the line able to run Smith’s offense. QB will sort itself out.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

DelPen wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:33 pm This team would never go bold on offense as long as Tomlin is in charge. Big picture, this team has always had its most success when the run game was strong and then an elite QB put us over the top making big plays when needed. I don’t need an OC to get the most out of Kenny, I want a better QB. But we direly need a center and LT upgrade to get the line able to run Smith’s offense. QB will sort itself out.
I don't think he'll get the best out of Kenny. I'd love to see Kenny improve his play action passing, but that requires him to be able to throw to the middle of the field. I'd almost rather they just kept the same OC/play caller they had after Canada.

I'm kinda thinking Tomlin interviewed guys in the Shanahan or McVay tree and thought to himself "Kenny isn't smart enough to handle these, let me get a 90s style coach because Kenny might be able to hand the ball off and do play action passing".
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pens4Life »

I dont like OC pick either.. also Rudolph should be still first QB choice if he stays,not Kenny..
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I don’t give a **** if he gets anything out of Kenny. You don’t base a hire on who your current QB is unless it’s a future HOF guy.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

The Steeler organization has "obviously" decided that mediocre is an OK standard. And the standard is the standard. Meh, whatever. I'll still watch them, but the days of being highly interested in them as a fan has long passed for me. I spend more time laughing at their stupidity rather than getting angry at them.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

People who vote on DPOY must have stopped watching games after Thanksgiving which is also when Garrett stopped playing football.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

The worship of the Browns last night was very odd. Flacco over Hamlin is absurd. A coach who finished 2nd in his division also winning coach of the year is something weird.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

I guess the Browns have to win at something. Anyhow, congrats to Cam for winning he Waler Payton Man of the Year Award. Long time coming and well deserved. The dude is a class act and does so much for the community.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Badger Bob wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:50 am I guess the Browns have to win at something. Anyhow, congrats to Cam for winning he Waler Payton Man of the Year Award. Long time coming and well deserved. The dude is a class act and does so much for the community.
The Browns tend to win at the draft and awards night and nothing in between.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

The only thing anyone can claim to elevate Garrett over Watt is Watt isn’t double teamed as much. Might be because he comes so fast off the snap he’s already past the first guy that’s supposed to double him up.
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

Is everyone ready for the Taylor Swift/Travis Kelce/ Patrick Mahomes love fest today? *puke*
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Badger Bob wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:10 am Is everyone ready for the Taylor Swift/Travis Kelce/ Patrick Mahomes love fest today? *puke*
I'm watching A-Team reruns.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

I’m either getting old or I don’t have horrible taste in “music” but I’ll take any live band over this lip synching garbage. I am not a fan of Bruce Springstein or Bruno Mars but their half time shows were great. This is dull and boring.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

This game is terrible. Can they both lose? I mean America is definitely losing right now.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

This game is just a giant shart.
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

Rumor is Steelers are targeting Ryan Tannehill? Really? Didn’t they learn anything with this Trubisky thing?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

pronovost19 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:33 pm Rumor is Steelers are targeting Ryan Tannehill? Really? Didn’t they learn anything with this Trubisky thing?
Tannehill at least played whatever offense Smith will implement. It does make sense.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

pronovost19 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:33 pm Rumor is Steelers are targeting Ryan Tannehill? Really? Didn’t they learn anything with this Trubisky thing?
All the options I've seen are mediocre at best. Since apparently Pickett is intellectually challenged (low wunderlic apparently) they might as well get someone who can explain the offense.
pronovost19
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pronovost19 »

DelPen wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:36 pm
Tannehill at least played whatever offense Smith will implement. It does make sense.
Not calling you out but the Steelers mentality. Titans had Derrick Henry. This “we can recreate crap from the past” ideology makes no sense because the personnel is different.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

That was not holding.
Grunthy
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Grunthy »

That might have been the worst Super Bowl I have ever watched. If not the worst, then at least top 3.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Grunthy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:54 pm That might have been the worst Super Bowl I have ever watched. If not the worst, then at least top 3.
I think the 1st 3 and a half quarters were the equivalent of the Patriots/Jets snoozefest with a bunch of punts but the but 4th quarter picked up and the OT was really good. Overall yeah, pretty crap SB by two teams that were only there because the Bills and Packers choked.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

pronovost19 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:00 pm
DelPen wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:36 pm
Not calling you out but the Steelers mentality. Titans had Derrick Henry. This “we can recreate crap from the past” ideology makes no sense because the personnel is different.
Not saying they are trying or need to recreate anything. My point is bringing in a vet who doesn’t need to learn the presumed playbook isn’t a bad idea. All signs point to giving Pickett one more year to make it work so having a vet help acclimate him to the new OC is a good thing.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Finally
Badger Bob
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Badger Bob »

Combined, the three moves saves the team $13M in cap space this year but will also lead to a dead cap in 2024 of over $8 million.