The Walking Dead

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by ville5 »

Morgan has the guy that wanted everything he had at the camp fire.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Episode tomorrow is going to be great
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

DelPen wrote:Episode tomorrow is going to be great
I read it will be anti-climatic and not much will happen. Just a cliffhanger episode to leave us wanting the second half of the season to start back up. :slug:
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

So what they filmed would have taken maybe another 1 minute to show on screen and would have been a much better ending.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

What a complete letdown. That just felt more like a regular episode than a MSF.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Awful
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

Was a bit of a let down, lots of things to be answered starting in the second half...just how the writers want it.

That said, why the F is Sam talking in the middle of a hoard?? He's getting eaten...
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

This is the first season of TWD that i feel like they are trying to drag out the story lines for a few extra episodes so they can stay well behind the novels. I'm actually a little unhappy that they introduced Negan without introducing Negan.

I read somewhere that the writers have story lines out until season 10... anyone else think that's a lot of garbage episodes to wade through?
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

No. There is enough material to last 4 more seasons right now.
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

Last night's episode was probably the best one to date! It had everything in it and was non-stop almost throughout the entirety of the episode.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

Obliteration and the bezerko shot of everyone's attacks one after the other- phenomenal.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Ending of the Wolves storyline was bad. What a waste.
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

Zarovich wrote:Ending of the Wolves storyline was bad. What a waste.
Was he the last of the Wolves? Or are we being led to believe that? Just curious. It would be crazy if they are still around because then it would make 3 other groups out around Alexandria that we are aware of: Wolves, Negan's group, and whatever group stashed the gas truck. And there's a good possibility that at least 2 of the groups are aware of Alexandria. The rest of this season is going to be interesting...
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

I get the feeling Abraham is being built up to meet his demise. And that was before the other member absorbed his comic book demise. Anyone else get the feeling Abraham's gonna meet Lucille face-to-face instead of Glenn? Or was he just being emphasized to make you comic book followers believe the directors were adhering to that plot?
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

ville5 wrote:I get the feeling Abraham is being built up to meet his demise. And that was before the other member absorbed his comic book demise. Anyone else get the feeling Abraham's gonna meet Lucille face-to-face instead of Glenn? Or was he just being emphasized to make you comic book followers believe the directors were adhering to that plot?
I thought I read somewhere that they basically said Glenn won't die before the baby is born... I could have made that up though.

I still thinks its going to be Daryl... unfortunately.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Cliffhanger!!!
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Kind of glad it went out on a cliffhanger. It seemed to me though when Negan made the comment that if anyone moved he would cut out the kids other eye and feed it to dad, which means Rick and Carl are not piles of mush, he glanced to his left and right possibly like he was looking at the two of them when he said that? I'm thinking Abraham.

Besides...
Spoiler:
He was the one that got the arrow in the eye in the comics so he's already dead anyways
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

Hi, I'm Negan.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

I can't figure out if Maggie screaming the loudest at the end is a telltale or a misdirection.
Spoiler:
supposedly there's audio, that someone slowed down, floating around the interwebz where you can hear mag..maggie being wimpered. I've listened several times, I can kind of hear it after like the 3rd whack, but not to the point I can definitely say that's what I hear.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Sigwolf »

A cliffhanger is fine, but the way they did this removed *any* emotional impact from the episode. Everyone has known for months that Negan would be introduced at the end of the season, and that someone major would die. At the end of an extended 90 minute season finale, no we know... absolutely nothing more. The rendered the whole episode kind of meaningless. It was going to end on a cliffhanger anyway. If they showed who was killed, as they should have, there is still the giant question of what happens next with the group. They're still in a very bad situation. How do they recover from that?

Instead, as a fan I am left with a feeling of general malaise. OK, someone dies... maybe it was a character I care about, maybe it wasn't. Death has always been a possibility for about anyone on this show, so it's hard to generate any feelings when you don't even know who it was. But don't worry, they'll let you know in another six months. Blech.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

In any case we should start to see the rift again between Carl and Rick with Carl seeing him as weak for not trying to stop Negan despite the odds against them.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

How big is the Kingdom? For awhile now, I thought it was abe that's going to meet his demise.
Spoiler:
But for Maggie's journey, in the comics, it almost HAS to be Glenn- no?
pekkasteele
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by pekkasteele »

I think it is Abraham, since, well, he tock up the topic of getting a kid, that feelt like it was a bit strange at the time and can be a Now-he-have-hope-for-the-future-lets-kill-him thing.
SubtropicalPenguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by SubtropicalPenguin »

I was sure it was going to be Glenn who got to meet the business end of Lucille. Glenn killing the saviors in their sleep (his first human kill I can think of, and a direct violation of his "good-guy" motif), had me thinking he was going to suffer the consequences for the group. Then you have the everything-is-great shower scene with Maggie... and Walking Dead routinely beats down anything that approaches happiness. I was resigned to a Glenn death... but they sure set up Abraham for a death in that final episode. All the talk about having a kid, then he hugged it out with Eugene. No real loose ends for his character right now. I'm 50/50 between one of them getting it now.
Spoiler:
And of course, they are both dead in the comics anyway, so there's that too.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

Spoiler:
I believe Maggie takes leadership of the Hilltop in the comics. How integral is that plot to the overall storyline?