2023 Non-Penguins Related Thread

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
lemieuxReturns
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: 2023 NPR Trade Deadline Discussion Thread

Post by lemieuxReturns »

murphydump55 wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:What about the Staal bros down in Florida? Could be the oldest 3rd line in hockey.
Marc isn’t a forward
I know... but his brother is. Take Eric and sprinkle in Carter and you have a geezer 3rd line.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: 2023 Non-Penguins Related Trade Deadline Thread

Post by penny lane »

DelPen wrote:Kane to the Rangers could be as useful as Iginla to the Pens was.
I keep thinking the same thing.
Dynasty1970
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Dynasty1970 »

lemieuxReturns wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:What about the Staal bros down in Florida? Could be the oldest 3rd line in hockey.
Marc isn’t a forward
I know... but his brother is. Take Eric and sprinkle in Carter and you have a geezer 3rd line.
It's going to take a lot to get me off of the "Flatliners" that someone else so aptly named it earlier.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Dynasty1970 wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:
Marc isn’t a forward
It's going to take a lot to get me off of the "Flatliners" that someone else so aptly named it earlier.
The Flatline definitely beats my Albatross Line especially now that Kapanen is gone. But that line still has no pulse with Heinen so Flatline still works.

I’d take Marc at wing over Heinen and McGinn now too.
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Three Stars »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Poolparty to the Canes.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Three Stars wrote:

Poolparty to the Canes.
Dominos :D
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Three Stars wrote:

Poolparty to the Canes.
For a 22 year old prospect in the Finnish league. :face: Wake up RH, could have gotten him for Kapanen. :D
Last edited by Daniel on Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Daniel wrote:
Three Stars wrote:

Poolparty to the Canes.
For a 22 year old prospect in the Finnish league, wake up RH. Could have gotten him for Kapanen. :D
Friedman said he has no proof, but he has a strong feeling the Islanders also would have claimed Kapanen if he fell that far. Lou knowing him from Toronto and all that.
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

FLPensFan wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Three Stars wrote:

Poolparty to the Canes.
For a 22 year old prospect in the Finnish league, wake up RH. Could have gotten him for Kapanen. :D
Friedman said he has no proof, but he has a strong feeling the Islanders also would have claimed Kapanen if he fell that far. Lou knowing him from Toronto and all that.
I didn't think for one minute he'd go unclaimed. I have a feeling Sullivan is to blame for ruining yet another young player. Not that Kapanen shouldn't take responsibility but Sullivan seems to have a track record of young players underachieving.
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Skatingpen »

Not sure you can blame this one on Sullivan. Kapanen has underachieved since day 1 in the NHL
Daniel
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Daniel »

Skatingpen wrote:Not sure you can blame this one on Sullivan. Kapanen has underachieved since day 1 in the NHL
For that I blame Kapanen, but I'm concerned about Sullivan's recent track record of young players underachieving. Could mean both parties are to blame, but Sullivan is still here and that's still a concern.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

Daniel wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Three Stars wrote:

Poolparty to the Canes.
I didn't think for one minute he'd go unclaimed. I have a feeling Sullivan is to blame for ruining yet another young player. Not that Kapanen shouldn't take responsibility but Sullivan seems to have a track record of young players underachieving.
When is the player accountable? I get real tired of hearing how Sullivan somehow has out for young players. When is it actually on the player?
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

Daniel wrote:
Skatingpen wrote:Not sure you can blame this one on Sullivan. Kapanen has underachieved since day 1 in the NHL
For that I blame Kapanen, but I'm concerned about Sullivan's recent track record of young players underachieving. Could mean both parties are to blame, but Sullivan is still here and that's still a concern.
There is a great article about Drew O'connor out today. Drew seems to be okay with all of it.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Daniel wrote:
For that I blame Kapanen, but I'm concerned about Sullivan's recent track record of young players underachieving. Doesn't mean it's not both to blame.
I tend to blame Sullivan for some of the development issues, but kind of like Despres or Pouliot, I've heard Kapanen may be a bit of a party boy away from the rink. Also heard that he can be a little cocky or arrogant, and actually had lost a lot of that over recent months due to his level of play. Again, that's all hearsay and rumors, though.
pens_CT
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by pens_CT »

Daniel wrote:

We'll see what he does in Saint Louis. I'm not expecting it to go well, since I doubt Kapanen's style of play is a match with Berube. Kapanen has talent but I don't believe he has the "want it factor".
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

Henry Thun traded from Ducks to Sharks for '24 3rd.
Dynasty1970
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Dynasty1970 »

Agreed, Aside from his short nacho eating time out in the press box he was given every opportunity to be successful. He had time on pretty much every line. I suspect it had something to do with his dad Sammy that he got so many opportunities. Out of respect for him.
Pruezy11881
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Pruezy11881 »

Kane to the Rags...

*Edit:

Emily Kaplan
@emilymkaplan
The Rangers are acquiring Patrick Kane for a 2023 conditional second pick and 2023 fourth-round pick.

Per sources, the conditions of second round pick: turns into a first IF the Rangers make the Conference Finals. However that first round pick would be in either 2024 or 2025.
2:53 PM · Feb 28, 2023
·
Views
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

Pruezy11881 wrote:Kane to the Rags...

*Edit:

Emily Kaplan
@emilymkaplan
The Rangers are acquiring Patrick Kane for a 2023 conditional second pick and 2023 fourth-round pick.

Per sources, the conditions of second round pick: turns into a first IF the Rangers make the Conference Finals. However that first round pick would be in either 2024 or 2025.
·
Views
I guess they had a little more cap space than everyone anticipated. I kept hearing they had to wait until after 5pm (which is when the next official payroll day would start) to be able to make the trade.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by FLPensFan »

FLPensFan wrote:

*Edit:

Emily Kaplan
@emilymkaplan

·
Views
I guess they had a little more cap space than everyone anticipated. I kept hearing they had to wait until after 5pm (which is when the next official payroll day would start) to be able to make the trade.
Patrick Kane was reportedly traded through Arizona for additional retention. This is notable because they are already retaining on OEL, so Arizona can only retain on one more contract right now. Kane is only for this season, OEL is retained through 26-27 season.
murphydump55
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by murphydump55 »

Dynasty1970 wrote:
Agreed, Aside from his short nacho eating time out in the press box he was given every opportunity to be successful. He had time on pretty much every line. I suspect it had something to do with his dad Sammy that he got so many opportunities. Out of respect for him.
I said from they day he came back that he was overrated and not a top 6 player. He made Toronto’s top 6 worse and lacks hockey IQ. Nice add Jim and nice signing Ron.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

FLPensFan wrote:

*Edit:

Emily Kaplan
@emilymkaplan

·
Views
Rooting for the Devils to take the Rangers out.
Three Stars
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Three Stars »

KG wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:

*Edit:

Emily Kaplan
@emilymkaplan

·
Views
Rooting for the Devils to take the Rangers out.
That’s why I’m wondering why the Rangers are going to the trouble to do this. Too many mouths to feed now. Does Kane take Barclay Goodrow’s place on the second line, which means he has to share the puck with Panarin…or they’re breaking up the Kid Line…or they’re putting Kane on the 4th line.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

MoJo to the Wild for a '24 3rd.
Coffey Break
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Coffey Break »

Looks like Rasmus Sandin to WSH for Gustafsson and a 1st.