Game 15 vs Bruins - Thoughts from the Morning After

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Game 15 vs Bruins - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby Penspal on Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:53 am

Pens lose 6-4

- So much to like about this game, but a couple of soft goals (one by each keeper) and a couple mistakes will lose you a game every night
- Losing Letang will sink this team imho. I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see. Hoping he's not badly hurt.
- Special moment for Marino, loved seeing him score.
- Kahun is staring to look like a big Kahuna out there... Almost night and day difference wth his finishes from when he started, Pens are going to need him.
- I hate the Bruins
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Game 15 vs Bruins - Thoughts from the Morning After

Postby pcmforless on Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:13 am

A couple of losses (tampa game as well) while heading into the third with a lead, only to allow the other team to tie it up and then lose in the last two minutes are points that are going to be missed at the end of the year and hopefully it isn't a continuing trend. Yes, they were only one goal leads, but you would hope they could at least get the games to overtime. There definitely were some stinker goals allowed in by Pens goalies, bummer for them to lose a game like that after coming back from a pretty big deficit. Agree on all the rest, losing Letang is a big loss, he has been playing very well, and Kahun is starting to really look good.
Hate the Bruins, REALLY hate Marchand
pcmforless
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pitts on Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:03 pm

pcmforless wrote:Hate the Bruins, REALLY hate Marchand

Agree on both points, but, man would he look good with Crosby!
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Daniel on Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:48 pm

Pitts wrote:

Frankly I don't care how he looks with Crosby. The team got rid of Cooke for a reason, no point in getting a less ethical player just because he scores. :wink:
Daniel
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Penspal on Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:48 pm

Daniel wrote:
Pitts wrote:

Frankly I don't care how he looks with Crosby. The team got rid of Cooke for a reason, no point in getting a less ethical player just because he scores. :wink:

Everytime I see Marchand score, i think of this quote.

Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Daniel on Tue Nov 05, 2019 4:14 pm

Penspal wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Pitts wrote:

Everytime I see Marchand score, i think of this quote.

I think of Ratso Rizzo from Midnight Cowboy.
Daniel
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Penguins Knight on Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:43 am

I expected more out of the Penguins after a 52-shot, one goal overtime loss to the Oilers. What was a one-goal 4-3 lead going into the third period became a choke and 4-6 loss to the Bruins. That ship of losing games has sailed away.
Penguins Knight
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Jim on Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:13 am

Amazingly the Pens actually play against other professional hockey teams with professional hockey players on them, that are all trying to win as well.

Odd thing that...
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby relantel on Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:14 pm

Anyone else get a bad feeling when ZAR's scuffle came back from commercial 4 on 4? The Pens seemed to have their number 5 on 5. All that open ice and the Bruins took advantage.

I do remain baffled at the NHL standard, even within a period let alone a game. I.e. there is none. Stuff that should be obvious penalties is ignored. Others that are iffy are called. And even still, near identical plays, one called, one ignored. Where the ignored one looked far more blatant. (Marino penalty IIRC, and the Letang no-call)
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Humperdink on Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:32 pm

relantel wrote:Anyone else get a bad feeling when ZAR's scuffle came back from commercial 4 on 4? The Pens seemed to have their number 5 on 5. All that open ice and the Bruins took advantage.

I do remain baffled at the NHL standard, even within a period let alone a game. I.e. there is none. Stuff that should be obvious penalties is ignored. Others that are iffy are called. And even still, near identical plays, one called, one ignored. Where the ignored one looked far more blatant. (Marino penalty IIRC, and the Letang no-call)

There remains no standard. Hasn't been since I have been watching this sport. The hooking calls seem to be the worst. Get your stick near the opponent's hands and you are at risk for a call. Of course, several factors enter into it - the score, the period, which team is due a call, player reputation ....
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Humperdink on Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:32 pm

relantel wrote:Anyone else get a bad feeling when ZAR's scuffle came back from commercial 4 on 4? The Pens seemed to have their number 5 on 5. All that open ice and the Bruins took advantage.

There remains no standard. Hasn't been since I have been watching this sport. The hooking calls seem to be the worst. Get your stick near the opponent's hands and you are at risk for a call. Of course, several factors enter into it - the score, the period, which team is due a call, player reputation ....
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins