Game 44 vs Ducks - Thoughts from the Evening After

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Game 44 vs Ducks - Thoughts from the Evening After

Postby Penspal on Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:44 pm

Pens win 7-4

- Pens down 3-0, I figured they had it coming. Then you see a transformation, sort of like an automaton.... Beast Mode activated..... G.A.M.E. O.V.E.R. This team is the opposite of fragile
- DK and a few others have been saying the pens won the Sprong-Pettersson trade.... Waaaay to early to tell, Sprong looked dangerous last night and is scoring goals to prove it
- Kessel no longer cares who he plays with.... He knew he was not going to play with Sid, and Geno's not been Geno until recently..... so he's getting it done with whoever he's on the 3rd line with
- GMJR came out and said he's not looking to fill any holes, not looking to make a trade.... HELLO, that translates to say he's likely got 2 in the hopper 8-)
- Jake and Rust are smiling like Butcher's Dogs on Sid's line, who wouldn't be?
- Let's not loose sight of all the bad clubs the Pens have beaten lately..... Love all the wins, but many are against scrub teams.
Penspal
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Game 44 vs Ducks - Thoughts from the Evening After

Postby Crashguy66 on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:00 pm

Much like that "other" team in Pittsburgh ( I refuse to say their name) the Pens tend to play to the level of their competition. I'm usually quite confident of their chances of getting the W against the better teams. While not "pretty" last night I was very encouraged by their No Quit attitude. Sometimes winning games like that is better for the team as a whole go forward. The opposite of course is I don't want them thinking they can just flip the proverbial switch to win. That never works in the April thru June games.
Crashguy66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Puck-Lurker on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:03 pm

This season in a nutshell that's what it was. Had everything just about that we've loved and loathed so far.

Malkin is Malkin. Everyone else had their full game. In beauty and upside and warts and downsides. We're good offensively but prone to defensive lapses.

I'm happy Daniel Sprong scored. 6 goals and an assist in 16 Ducks games. Kid has a place there, tenuous as it might be. You'll be pleased to know the Ducks forum is about as split on him as this one was. Apart from gdts where we play his team, I'm not going to mention him in LGP.

I'm even happier Pens won. Even though he's my countryman and the only one in the NHL, he's not a Penguin.
Puck-Lurker
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pcmforless on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:42 pm

Very exciting game. We were planning to fly down to LA from Reno to catch this game and the LA game tonight, but alas bad weather moved in and was a bit too much weather for our single engine airplane and my pilot skills :(
Tons of Pens fans in the stands, wish I was there with them.
pcmforless
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby lemieuxReturns on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:48 pm

Puck-Lurker wrote:
Malkin is Malkin.

Ummm. Ok.

Geno is a beast. He isn’t having a great season but he isn’t a problem by any means. His mistakes like the one last night are hard to fault him for. He isn’t a defensemen but they basically have him playing one on the PP. he shouldn’t be the last one bringing the puck up the ice. He is a dangler. Dangling sometimes doesn’t work. It’s not fair to ask him to be the last guy back. Letang or whoever is the lone defenseman needs to make sure they are the last one up the ice.

I don’t get the Geno disrespect at all. But it is one of those things that drive me crazy with the entitled fans these days. A few years of Ryan Malone clones leading the team seem to be the only remedy unfortunately.
lemieuxReturns
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Puck-Lurker on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:54 pm

lemieuxReturns wrote:
Puck-Lurker wrote:
Malkin is Malkin.

Ummm. Ok.

Geno is a beast. He isn’t having a great season but he isn’t a problem by any means. His mistakes like the one last night are hard to fault him for. He isn’t a defensemen but they basically have him playing one on the PP. he shouldn’t be the last one bringing the puck up the ice. He is a dangler. Dangling sometimes doesn’t work. It’s not fair to ask him to be the last guy back. Letang or whoever is the lone defenseman needs to make sure they are the last one up the ice.

I don’t get the Geno disrespect at all. But it is one of those things that drive me crazy with the entitled fans these days. A few years of Ryan Malone clones leading the team seem to be the only remedy unfortunately.

I'm not one to disrespect Evgeni, wasn't my intention, far from it.

More like.. you know Malkin will screw up now and then, frustrate you as a fan when he turns it over (and you do see it coming miles away) or takes a dumb, dumb penalty. You still have to absolutely love the guy. He's all heart. He may very well be the last player I'd ever want to trade on this team.

He is score, you know? :lol:
Puck-Lurker
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Jim on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:57 pm

I've referred to Malkin as "lumbering oaf" since his 2nd or 3rd year.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby lemieuxReturns on Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:01 pm

Puck-Lurker wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:
Puck-Lurker wrote:
Malkin is Malkin.

Ummm. Ok.

I'm not one to disrespect Evgeni, wasn't my intention, far from it.

More like.. you know Malkin will screw up now and then, frustrate you as a fan when he turns it over (and you do see it coming miles away) or takes a dumb, dumb penalty. You still have to absolutely love the guy. He's all heart. He may very well be the last player I'd ever want to trade on this team.

He is score, you know? :lol:

Ok sorry. Misunderstood. We are so lucky to have him.
lemieuxReturns
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins