Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins 2017 Stanley Cup Champs Fan Gear and Collectibles

The NHL draft

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

The NHL draft

Postby pekkasteele on Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:40 pm

When is the draft today? Is there a free live stream from it?
pekkasteele
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: The NHL draft

Postby Pens Fans Sweden on Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:18 pm

01:30 local time for us swedes.

Gonna cover the draft live at my blog (www.pensfansswedenblogg.wordpress.com) but no stream that I know of just yet.
Pens Fans Sweden
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby SubtropicalPenguin on Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:46 pm

Seriously, people need to get over booing the commissioner at drafts. It's so annoying, and in this instance, completely inappropriate. They couldn't even wait until the memorial was over?
SubtropicalPenguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Daniel on Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:47 pm

SubtropicalPenguin wrote:Seriously, people need to get over booing the commissioner at drafts. It's so annoying, and in this instance, completely inappropriate. They couldn't even wait until the memorial was over?

We're talking about morons in Dallas who can't even stand and respect the national anthem without yelling "Stars". They aren't sports fans, they're sheep out for an evening on the town.
Daniel
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby lemieuxReturns on Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:59 pm

Agree with everyone here. Booing Bettman makes zero sense. Look how healthy the league is under his command.
lemieuxReturns
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby RentedMule66 on Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:05 pm

Daniel wrote:
SubtropicalPenguin wrote:Seriously, people need to get over booing the commissioner at drafts. It's so annoying, and in this instance, completely inappropriate. They couldn't even wait until the memorial was over?

We're talking about morons in Dallas who can't even stand and respect the national anthem without yelling "Stars". They aren't sports fans, they're sheep out for an evening on the town.

I don't care what city or what sport it is.....commissioner's are gonna get boo'ed. Don't blame Dallas. If it's in Pittsburgh, same thing happens.
RentedMule66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Daniel on Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:06 pm

RentedMule66 wrote:
Daniel wrote:

I don't care what city or what sport it is.....commissioner's are gonna get boo'ed. Don't blame Dallas. If it's in Pittsburgh, same thing happens.

I know, but I live in Dallas and couldn't resist the opportunity to slam the "sports" fans. :D :wink: :fist:
Daniel
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby RentedMule66 on Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:09 pm

Brady Tkachuk thinking....."I'll never score a goal in HCGB's system"
RentedMule66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DelPen on Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:11 pm

Seems like a reach to take Tkachuk at #4?
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Jim on Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:12 pm

Tkachuk training with Gary Roberts... :shock:
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Skatingpen on Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:12 pm

Wow the caps just made a big move to resign Carlson. How they were able to dump Orpik is pretty good
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby DelPen on Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:12 pm

lemieuxReturns wrote:Agree with everyone here. Booing Bettman makes zero sense. Look how healthy the league is under his command.

It’s a gimmick at this point and Bettman loves it.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby RentedMule66 on Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:13 pm

Jim wrote:Tkachuk training with Gary Roberts... :shock:

I don't care if he trains with Mr. Atlas, he ain't scoring in Boucher's system.
RentedMule66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DelPen on Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:13 pm

Skatingpen wrote:Wow the caps just made a big move to resign Carlson. How they were able to dump Orpik is pretty good

They wanted a 1st though for Grubauer. But agree, good move.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DelPen on Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:33 pm

Why the hate on the Hawks?
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby thehockeyguru on Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:38 pm

Ballsy move by NYR taking him #9.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FLPensFan on Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:40 pm

DelPen wrote:Why the hate on the Hawks?

Division rivals....
FLPensFan
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby FLPensFan on Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:43 pm

Will we see a trade soon, with Islanders having the next two picks?
FLPensFan
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby DelPen on Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:57 pm

FLPensFan wrote:Will we see a trade soon, with Islanders having the next two picks?

Nope, just get two guys who should have been picked top 10.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby DelPen on Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:15 pm

Not a fan of doing the comparison to current stars with video. Sets unreasonable expectations.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pekkasteele on Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:21 am

Was hoping to wake up to a trade of Letang or Kessel ... nothing, not even Hunwick ....
pekkasteele
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby State College Penguin on Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:18 pm

pekkasteele wrote:Was hoping to wake up to a trade of Letang or Kessel ... nothing, not even Hunwick ....

Trading Hunwick won't be easy. I would love to see Letang go, but JR has way too much faith in him.

It pains me to watch the draft and see other organizations get better as far as talent; help the system, whereas we don't because we fork over picks like the Easter Bunny throws out eggs at Easter. The Islanders have made out like bandits this draft, as well as others. This is what happens when you continue to work the way the Pens do ... you don't get much help to a bare farm system that really lacks talent.
State College Penguin
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby RentedMule66 on Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:25 pm

State College Penguin wrote:
pekkasteele wrote:Was hoping to wake up to a trade of Letang or Kessel ... nothing, not even Hunwick ....

Trading Hunwick won't be easy. I would love to see Letang go, but JR has way too much faith in him.

It pains me to watch the draft and see other organizations get better as far as talent; help the system, whereas we don't because we fork over picks like the Easter Bunny throws out eggs at Easter. The Islanders have made out like bandits this draft, as well as others. This is what happens when you continue to work the way the Pens do ... you don't get much help to a bare farm system that really lacks talent.

Most of these players being drafted on day 2, you'll never hear their names again. I wouldn't get to worried about it.
RentedMule66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby LimerickPensFan on Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:12 pm

Yeah. Who cares about winning cups as long as we can get good draft picks.</sarcasm>
LimerickPensFan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby largegarlic on Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:15 pm

LimerickPensFan wrote:

Yeah. Who cares about winning cups as long as we can get good draft picks.</sarcasm>

I know, right? I'd rather be the Islanders, who haven't come close to winning a Cup since the early 80s and seem like they're about to lose their franchise player.
largegarlic
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins