Congrats to Pittsburgh "West"!

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Congrats to Pittsburgh "West"!

Postby Weegie on Sun May 20, 2018 6:05 pm

Fleury, Engelland, Neal, Reaves and Perron, it was like watching the Penguins West, so happy for Flower and to see the love and respect that they have for him is wonderful, if the Pens couldn't be in it well then "Go Knights" and let's see the Caps choke as usual either tomorrow night or the next game.

Why did we ever get rid of Engelland, refresh my memory please? Went to Calgary if I recall correctly?
Weegie
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Congrats to Pittsburgh "West"!

Postby FLPensFan on Sun May 20, 2018 6:10 pm

Weegie wrote:Fleury, Engelland, Neal, Reaves and Perron, it was like watching the Penguins West, so happy for Flower and to see the love and respect that they have for him is wonderful, if the Pens couldn't be in it well then "Go Knights" and let's see the Caps choke as usual either tomorrow night or the next game.

Why did we ever get rid of Engelland, refresh my memory please? Went to Calgary if I recall correctly?

Calgary signed Engelland to a contract WAAAAY beyond his worth/ability, 3 year deal worth 2.9M a year.
FLPensFan
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Weegie on Sun May 20, 2018 6:14 pm

FLPensFan wrote:
Weegie wrote:Fleury, Engelland, Neal, Reaves and Perron, it was like watching the Penguins West, so happy for Flower and to see the love and respect that they have for him is wonderful, if the Pens couldn't be in it well then "Go Knights" and let's see the Caps choke as usual either tomorrow night or the next game.

Calgary signed Engelland to a contract WAAAAY beyond his worth/ability, 3 year deal worth 2.9M a year.

Okay thanks for the info, I always thought he was a decent defenseman, could've used a guy like that this season here.
Weegie
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby ville5 on Sun May 20, 2018 7:57 pm

Congrats to all the ex-Pens and to Mr. Hornqvist too!
ville5
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby flame on Sun May 20, 2018 9:03 pm

I’ve got knights season tickets and it’s been an incredible run. I didn’t think they had a shot so I didn’t bet on em at 200-1 or 100-1 haha. I was glad to finally have the nhl in Vegas but never thought this was possible. Fleury has been absolutely out of his mind good all season long. Amazing that if it’s fleury Kunitz one of whom will have 3 cups in a row.
flame
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby PensFanSince1970 on Sun May 20, 2018 9:28 pm

I have always liked Engelland, quite the warrior.
PensFanSince1970
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby penny lane on Mon May 21, 2018 7:32 am

Almost shocking to see Engelland as a regular D man. Congrats to him. Neal was a pred last year, Perron never did a thing while in PGH. I'm happy for Fleury- out from the huge twin shadows of Sid & Evgeni. He is a leader for Vegas. The finals are the ultimate high wire, circus and flame eating act for Las Vegas. 8-)
Can't wait for their pre game!
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows.

Postby Jim on Mon May 21, 2018 1:01 pm

Weegie wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:

Okay thanks for the info, I always thought he was a decent defenseman, could've used a guy like that this season here.

I said at the time, and I still hold to it now... (obviously with no proof)...

Engelland's agent called him and said "Calgary offered 3 years, $2.9M"
Engelland, "Alright, I suppose almost a million a year is good." (thinking that it was $2.9M over the 3 years)
Agent, "What? Wait, no. It's $2.9M per year for 3 years."
Engelland, "..."
Agent, "I'll just get the paperwork going."
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby flame on Mon May 21, 2018 1:36 pm

Jim wrote:
Weegie wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:

I said at the time, and I still hold to it now... (obviously with no proof)...

Engelland's agent called him and said "Calgary offered 3 years, $2.9M"
Engelland, "Alright, I suppose almost a million a year is good." (thinking that it was $2.9M over the 3 years)
Agent, "What? Wait, no. It's $2.9M per year for 3 years."
Engelland, "..."
Agent, "I'll just get the paperwork going."

Hahaha. I felt the same way when they offered him that deal. Vegas gave him 1 year/ 1 mil. It’s the best I’ve ever seen him play and he got a 1 year/ 1.5 mil extension. Vegas D corps has only one guy this year that makes more then like 2 mil. Pretty insane.
flame
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Weegie on Mon May 21, 2018 2:07 pm

penny lane wrote:Almost shocking to see Engelland as a regular D man. Congrats to him. Neal was a pred last year, Perron never did a thing while in PGH. I'm happy for Fleury- out from the huge twin shadows of Sid & Evgeni. He is a leader for Vegas. The finals are the ultimate high wire, circus and flame eating act for Las Vegas. 8-)
Can't wait for their pre game!

I just talked to a woman out there in Vegas from my work, she said the whole city is crazy about this and their NHL store can't keep their stuff in stock, as soon as their stuff comes in it sells out right away. So happy for Fleury....

And my boss at work said "they're probably doing so good because he's pissed off that Pittsburgh traded him!". I just walked away, no comment, don't have the energy or desire to touch that with a 10 foot pole or a 20 foot extension.

"HE WASN'T TRADED!!!!! Why can't people understand this???
Weegie
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins