Our RFA and UFA players

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Our RFA and UFA players

Postby pekkasteele on Wed May 16, 2018 4:22 am

This is the UFAs and RFAs we have this summer, what will happen to them? Who do we keep?

NHL RFA
Sheahan (2,075m)
Rust (0,64m)
Kühnhackl (0,625m)
Oleksiak (0,965m)

I would try to keep all but Kühn, maybe try to trade his right for a 6-7th pick?

NHL UFA
Rowney (0,612m)

Bye bye

AHL RFA
Simon (0,693m)
Pedan (0,75m)
DiPauli (0,743m)
Prow (0,730m)
Blueger (0,7m)
Bengtsson (0,7m)
Lindberg (0,694m)
Sprong (0,694m)
Corrado (0,65m)
Dea (0,65m)
Dunn (0,635m)
Jarry (0,63m)

Simon, Blueger, Sprong and Jarry should be kept, I also would like to keep Bengtsson for at least 1 year more to see what he can do if he stays healty, but He might opt to go back to Sweden. DiPauli, I think is worth keeping to. The rest I know to little about really.

AHL UFA
Jooris (0,775m)
Czuczman (0,65m)
Sestino (0,65m)
Tinordi (0,65m)
Trotman (0,65m)
Leighton (0,65m)

Maybe keep Jooris, the others can get AHL deals if it would suit them.
pekkasteele
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Our RFA and UFA players

Postby pekkasteele on Wed May 16, 2018 4:41 am

An article in Swedish about Bengtsson, seems like he is going to Linköping, but it is not official yet. To bad.

http://www.hockeysverige.se/2018/03/27/ ... linkoping/
pekkasteele
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Puck-Lurker on Wed May 16, 2018 5:21 am

It all depends on the money involved. I'd certainly try to hold on to Sheahan, but with a nominal raise only. Rust and Oleksiak are keepers but not at very high salaries. For instance, the Sheary contract I'm not happy with. Theres no sense in giving Rust equal or more (guy doesn't work with Crosby imo). Oleksiak is a decent #6.

You hold on to Jarry and Sprong. Neither should be expecting money. They'll be playing for their NHL lives this year. Keeping some center options around is a thing, so whatever untested but promising prospects we have.

Id let Knuckles go unless he can play top pairing D with Dumoulin.
Puck-Lurker
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby lemieuxReturns on Wed May 16, 2018 10:13 am

pekkasteele wrote:An article in Swedish about Bengtsson, seems like he is going to Linköping, but it is not official yet. To bad.

http://www.hockeysverige.se/2018/03/27/ ... linkoping/

That does suck. Plus Pedan is leaving too.
lemieuxReturns
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Jim on Thu May 17, 2018 10:45 am

$ will be the driving force on some, but I agree with your picks.

NHL RFA's in order: Rust, Oleksiak, Sheahan. But if Rust or Sheahan want $3M, bye.

AHL RFAs: Jarry and basically all of the forwards (except Lindberg, meh). All of the AHL D and UFAs listed are meh.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pekkasteele on Fri May 18, 2018 9:31 am

Jim wrote:$ will be the driving force on some, but I agree with your picks.

NHL RFA's in order: Rust, Oleksiak, Sheahan. But if Rust or Sheahan want $3M, bye.

AHL RFAs: Jarry and basically all of the forwards (except Lindberg, meh). All of the AHL D and UFAs listed are meh.

Would probably go Oleksiak over Rust, but not by much.. and about the AHL guy, whatever happened to Lindberg? He have not played a game for WBS, seems to have stayed with the Wolves.
pekkasteele
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jim on Fri May 18, 2018 10:06 am

pekkasteele wrote:
Jim wrote:$ will be the driving force on some, but I agree with your picks.

Would probably go Oleksiak over Rust, but not by much.. and about the AHL guy, whatever happened to Lindberg? He have not played a game for WBS, seems to have stayed with the Wolves.

He was potentially just added to the overall deal when the NHL semi-balked at the original Brassard plan put together. If that is the case it might just have been a deal on paper to transfer his rights, but they didn't really want/need him for WBS and the handshake was that he would just remain where he was. Vincent Dunn, the other "who?" guy in the overall final deal didn't switch minor league team either.

Possible: "Look, just add those guys names to the deal, we will pay them, but they can just stay where they are... on load or whatever. That way it doesn't hurt your farm clubs but the deal goes through."
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins