Stewie Griffin Postgame: Caps Cap Pens 2-1 OT (R2, G6)

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Stewie Griffin Postgame: Caps Cap Pens 2-1 OT (R2, G6)

Postby netwolf on Tue May 08, 2018 12:36 am

Credit to [redacted] for the sweet Pens-centric pic.
Stewie Griffin wrote:Now then, I’m going to do something I call the “compliment sandwich”, where I say something good, then talk about where you need improvement, and then end with something good.

Pens vs Caps, a 2-1 OT loss

Something good: After an even-to-lifeless start, Mike Sullivan threw his lines in a blender and that seemed to give them life. The skating ratcheted up a notch, they were able to string some passes together, and they eventually got the game tied.

Where they need improvement: Unfortunately though, they were never able to get the next one. A lot will be made of this team's defensive miscues (and rightfully so), but for me, the biggest issue was the lack of offensive depth. They scored one goal all series without Sidney Crosby on the ice. To be fair, it's pretty obvious Evgeni Malkin and Phil Kessel were less than 100%, but one line teams typically don't get far.

Something good: Matt Murray shook off an absolute stinker of a goal and made several big stops the rest of the way to give his team a shot.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins