Stewie Griffin Postgame: Flyers Flim Flam Pens 5-1 (R1, G2)

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Stewie Griffin Postgame: Flyers Flim Flam Pens 5-1 (R1, G2)

Postby netwolf on Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:19 pm

Credit to [redacted] for the sweet Pens-centric pic.
Stewie Griffin wrote:Now then, I’m going to do something I call the “compliment sandwich”, where I say something good, then talk about where you need improvement, and then end with something good.

Pens vs Flyers, a 5-1 loss

Something good: Patric Hornqvist got a goal, saving the Pens the indignity of being shutout by Brian Elliot. If only he could just stop throwing himself face-first into the boards to try and draw a call...

Where they need improvement: The power play was a hot mess. They were way too pass happy. I get hockey has ebbs and flows and I expect the power play will have nights where it doesn't produce, but it boggles my mind that a group that is so good can look that bad. If you hadn't watched these two teams before tonight, you'd have never guessed the Pens had the best power ply in the league or that the Flyers were 29th on the kill.

Something good: No one wants to hear this, because the final score is ultimately all that matters, but outside of the power play, the Pens played a good game. They generally controlled play and did a lot of good things. The biggest differences between games 1 and 2 were the reversal of goaltending play and the amount of bounces the Pens got.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins