Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins 2017 Stanley Cup Champs Fan Gear and Collectibles

Penguins Infirmary Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby Maestro on Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:19 am

FLPensFan wrote:
Maestro wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:Sullivan says Mario and Dumouolin will play tonight. He also says he'd like to ease Dumo in with his minutes, but doesn't have that luxury.

Tanev is ill, according to Sullivan and will not play. I'm hoping Sullivan goes with these lines.

Zucker-Crosby-Sheary
Marleau-Malkin-Rust
McCann-Blueger-Hornqvist
Lafferty-Rodrigues-Angello


I like those lines but what would over under be for 4th line?
I say 5 min.

Probably, but, I rather them at least go with 3 solid lines and a 4th that only gets a few minutes, then mixing Lafferty/Angello etc on the 3rd, and making the bottom 2 lines less effective.


Lowest had 6:24 of ice time.
Over wins.
Maestro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,166
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby LimerickPensFan on Wed Mar 04, 2020 4:27 pm

Aaaaaand, the circle keeps turning

Bjugstad is a game-time decision for tomorrow
Angello out week-to-week with a UBI.
Tanev is feeling “much better” and was held out of practice today because he “hasn’t had much food in him”
Jack Johnson’s wife had a baby boy last night. Jack will travel to Buffalo.
LimerickPensFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 11:04 am
Location: Unfortunately, Philadelphia suburbs

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby Puck-Lurker on Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:57 am

LimerickPensFan wrote:Aaaaaand, the circle keeps turning

Bjugstad is a game-time decision for tomorrow
Angello out week-to-week with a UBI.
Tanev is feeling “much better” and was held out of practice today because he “hasn’t had much food in him”
Jack Johnson’s wife had a baby boy last night. Jack will travel to Buffalo.

Angello being unavailable for a month or so isn't really a factor of any magnitude.
Puck-Lurker
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,590
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:49 am
Location: Is apparently an annoying poster.

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby LimerickPensFan on Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:44 am

Puck-Lurker wrote:
LimerickPensFan wrote:Aaaaaand, the circle keeps turning

Bjugstad is a game-time decision for tomorrow
Angello out week-to-week with a UBI.
Tanev is feeling “much better” and was held out of practice today because he “hasn’t had much food in him”
Jack Johnson’s wife had a baby boy last night. Jack will travel to Buffalo.

Angello being unavailable for a month or so isn't really a factor of any magnitude.

Depends on who his replacement is.
LimerickPensFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 11:04 am
Location: Unfortunately, Philadelphia suburbs

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby sjnhiils on Thu Mar 05, 2020 12:56 pm

LimerickPensFan wrote:
Puck-Lurker wrote:
LimerickPensFan wrote:Aaaaaand, the circle keeps turning

Bjugstad is a game-time decision for tomorrow
Angello out week-to-week with a UBI.
Tanev is feeling “much better” and was held out of practice today because he “hasn’t had much food in him”
Jack Johnson’s wife had a baby boy last night. Jack will travel to Buffalo.

Angello being unavailable for a month or so isn't really a factor of any magnitude.

Depends on who his replacement is.

Would like to see Adam Johnson get a look if needed.
sjnhiils
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,697
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:32 pm

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby Puck-Lurker on Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:23 pm

sjnhiils wrote:
LimerickPensFan wrote:
Puck-Lurker wrote:
LimerickPensFan wrote:Aaaaaand, the circle keeps turning

Bjugstad is a game-time decision for tomorrow
Angello out week-to-week with a UBI.
Tanev is feeling “much better” and was held out of practice today because he “hasn’t had much food in him”
Jack Johnson’s wife had a baby boy last night. Jack will travel to Buffalo.

Angello being unavailable for a month or so isn't really a factor of any magnitude.

Depends on who his replacement is.

Would like to see Adam Johnson get a look if needed.

AJ, Lafferty, Angello, Agozzino.. patayto, patahto
Puck-Lurker
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,590
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:49 am
Location: Is apparently an annoying poster.

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby sjnhiils on Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:53 pm

Puck-Lurker wrote:
sjnhiils wrote:
LimerickPensFan wrote:
Puck-Lurker wrote:
LimerickPensFan wrote:Aaaaaand, the circle keeps turning

Bjugstad is a game-time decision for tomorrow
Angello out week-to-week with a UBI.
Tanev is feeling “much better” and was held out of practice today because he “hasn’t had much food in him”
Jack Johnson’s wife had a baby boy last night. Jack will travel to Buffalo.

Angello being unavailable for a month or so isn't really a factor of any magnitude.

Depends on who his replacement is.

Would like to see Adam Johnson get a look if needed.

AJ, Lafferty, Angello, Agozzino.. patayto, patahto

Agozzino was lost on waivers.
sjnhiils
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,697
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:32 pm

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby Puck-Lurker on Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:17 pm

sjnhiils wrote:Agozzino was lost on waivers.

I can't say much was missed or lost. Apart from a body in a uniform that can come up from the AHL and do 4th line spot duty.
Puck-Lurker
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,590
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:49 am
Location: Is apparently an annoying poster.

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby thehockeyguru on Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:53 pm

Is Bjugstad back tonight?
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,943
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby DelPen on Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:49 pm

thehockeyguru wrote:Is Bjugstad back tonight?

Yes and so is Tanev
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 50,723
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:27 am
Location: Lake Wylie, SC

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby Wyopen on Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:35 am

Are there any updates on Jake? Is he out of his sling, is he rehabbing? I know he probably won’t play this year, just want to hear if there is any progress?
Wyopen
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:43 pm
Location: Wyomissing, Pa

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby Steve Dave on Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:49 am

Wyopen wrote:Are there any updates on Jake? Is he out of his sling, is he rehabbing? I know he probably won’t play this year, just want to hear if there is any progress?

They showed him at the game the other night (Ottawa I think) and he appeared to not be wearing a sling.
Steve Dave
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,894
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:09 pm

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby FLPensFan on Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:26 pm

Steve Dave wrote:
Wyopen wrote:Are there any updates on Jake? Is he out of his sling, is he rehabbing? I know he probably won’t play this year, just want to hear if there is any progress?

They showed him at the game the other night (Ottawa I think) and he appeared to not be wearing a sling.

Multiple media have seen him around recently without the sling. Dave Molinari has repeatedly said that, he has been told by sources that Jake's shoulder injury was closer to that of a car accident than a sports injury, meaning more severe trauma than normal, because of how hard he hit the boards. Still think it is wishful thinking we see him at all this year.
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,467
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby Penguins Knight on Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:53 am

How far Guentzel is progressing is unknown to us and known to those who need to know. Being out of a sling is a step forward. If Guentzel is healing well and the Penguins make it past the the Eastern Conference semifinals, he could return in early May for the Eastern Conference Finals.

Guentzel should be ready for training camp for the 2020-2021 season.
Penguins Knight
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:57 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby Ericf on Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:00 am

Penguins Knight wrote:How far Guentzel is progressing is unknown to us and known to those who need to know. Being out of a sling is a step forward. If Guentzel is healing well and the Penguins make it past the the Eastern Conference semifinals, he could return in early May for the Eastern Conference Finals.

Guentzel should be ready for training camp for the 2020-2021 season.


Lol...Pens aren’t making the Eastern Conference final...if there even is one because of coronavirus
Ericf
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:32 pm

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby FLPensFan on Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:18 pm

Bjugstad not at practice today. We'll find out later if this is injury or maintenance, but, I wouldn't be surprised to see him injured again, or shut down for awhile. He still hasn't looked right since coming back from injury. Doesn't seem to be fully healed, IMO.
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,467
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby Penguins Knight on Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:23 pm

Ericf wrote:
Penguins Knight wrote:How far Guentzel is progressing is unknown to us and known to those who need to know. Being out of a sling is a step forward. If Guentzel is healing well and the Penguins make it past the the Eastern Conference semifinals, he could return in early May for the Eastern Conference Finals.

Guentzel should be ready for training camp for the 2020-2021 season.


Lol...Pens aren’t making the Eastern Conference final...if there even is one because of coronavirus


LOL!
Penguins Knight
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:57 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby Penguins Knight on Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:25 pm

FLPensFan wrote:Bjugstad not at practice today. We'll find out later if this is injury or maintenance, but, I wouldn't be surprised to see him injured again, or shut down for awhile. He still hasn't looked right since coming back from injury. Doesn't seem to be fully healed, IMO.


Bjugstad overstayed his stint on the injured list. I hope he is taking a maintenance day to get his crap together, then he returns and has a spectacular game that contributes to a win.
Penguins Knight
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:57 pm
Location: South Carolina

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby thehockeyguru on Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:30 pm

What's the word on Simon?
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,943
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: I'm 30 minutes away, I'll be there in 10.

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby FLPensFan on Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:44 pm

Penguins Knight wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:Bjugstad not at practice today. We'll find out later if this is injury or maintenance, but, I wouldn't be surprised to see him injured again, or shut down for awhile. He still hasn't looked right since coming back from injury. Doesn't seem to be fully healed, IMO.


Bjugstad overstayed his stint on the injured list. I hope he is taking a maintenance day to get his crap together, then he returns and has a spectacular game that contributes to a win.

Nope. Sullivan announces Bjugstad is week-to-week with a new injury (not related to previous injury). With only 4 weeks left in the season, that doesn't sound very promising.

I haven't heard anything recently on Simon. I thought I heard that ZAR was skating before practice last week, but haven't seen/heard that again since.
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,467
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby Puck-Lurker on Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:01 pm

Ericf wrote:
Penguins Knight wrote:How far Guentzel is progressing is unknown to us and known to those who need to know. Being out of a sling is a step forward. If Guentzel is healing well and the Penguins make it past the the Eastern Conference semifinals, he could return in early May for the Eastern Conference Finals.

Guentzel should be ready for training camp for the 2020-2021 season.


Lol...Pens aren’t making the Eastern Conference final...if there even is one because of coronavirus

That jinxes that... we'll be down a few regulars due to the virus next.
Puck-Lurker
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,590
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2015 3:49 am
Location: Is apparently an annoying poster.

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby KG on Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:36 pm

Bye bye Nick....
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,441
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:53 am
Location: NY

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby flame on Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:10 pm

KG wrote:Bye bye Nick....


I wonder if he leads the league in cash per goal at 4.1m/goal
flame
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 500
Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:30 pm
Location: Las Vegas

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby stonewizard51 on Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:20 pm

FLPensFan wrote:
Penguins Knight wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:Bjugstad not at practice today. We'll find out later if this is injury or maintenance, but, I wouldn't be surprised to see him injured again, or shut down for awhile. He still hasn't looked right since coming back from injury. Doesn't seem to be fully healed, IMO.


Bjugstad overstayed his stint on the injured list. I hope he is taking a maintenance day to get his crap together, then he returns and has a spectacular game that contributes to a win.

Nope. Sullivan announces Bjugstad is week-to-week with a new injury (not related to previous injury). With only 4 weeks left in the season, that doesn't sound very promising.

I haven't heard anything recently on Simon. I thought I heard that ZAR was skating before practice last week, but haven't seen/heard that again since.

Bjugstad = Beau Bennett revisited.
stonewizard51
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 2,938
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:26 pm

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby FLPensFan on Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:31 pm

On today's wheel of injuries.....

ZAR took in practice in a normal jersey. There were no line rushes, just PP/PK work from what I hear.


ANDDDDDDDDDD......John Marino was not at practice. :(

EDIT: Pens Inside Scoop seems to indicate it was expected absence for Marino. We shall see.
EDIT2: Maintenance Day for Marino.
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,467
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: South Florida

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests


cron
e-mail