bye-bye Dan Bylsma

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: bye-bye Dan Bylsma

Postby Guinness on Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:13 am

ExPatriatePen wrote:
offsides wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:If the Rangers steal Ruff, I'm gonna be pissed.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_ ... e-confirms


I don't think it matters where Ruff goes because I'm worried HCDB will still be here next season. He won 8 games in the playoffs which is pretty good for him and I think Shero really likes him. Not sure how he will handle his #1 goalie after he was afraid to play him in the playoffs.


Well... first of all, I think Ruff is PERFECT for the Rags, whether or not we retain HCDB. And I don't want the Rags to improve one iota.

Secondly. Damn I hope you're wrong re: Bylsma.

If he's retained, I'll drive back to Pittsburgh and attend a game as Darth Vader. Damn "the FORCE."


Lemme know which game... I'll try to get tickets, too. ;)
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,330
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:30 am
Location: At the pub

Re: bye-bye Dan Bylsma

Postby ExPatriatePen on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:22 am

Guinness wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
offsides wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:If the Rangers steal Ruff, I'm gonna be pissed.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_ ... e-confirms


I don't think it matters where Ruff goes because I'm worried HCDB will still be here next season. He won 8 games in the playoffs which is pretty good for him and I think Shero really likes him. Not sure how he will handle his #1 goalie after he was afraid to play him in the playoffs.


Well... first of all, I think Ruff is PERFECT for the Rags, whether or not we retain HCDB. And I don't want the Rags to improve one iota.

Secondly. Damn I hope you're wrong re: Bylsma.

If he's retained, I'll drive back to Pittsburgh and attend a game as Darth Vader. Damn "the FORCE."


Lemme know which game... I'll try to get tickets, too. ;)


Damn, I was hoping people would forget that "promise"

I guess It'll have to be the first game when the Bruins are back at CEC.

Do you think anyone will get the reference? People have such short memories...
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 22,691
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Re: bye-bye Dan Bylsma

Postby PAPLine on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:36 am

Let's see, for all intents and purposes, we got rid of Kennedy and picked up Scudaeri and no other changes. We pretty much kept the same coaching staff. There have been a lot of posts in various threads talking about how we keep people, get people and generally work to field a team under the salary cap. I have two issued going forward. 1) If we pretty much kept the same team, how do we expect any better results than we have for the last few years, i.e. play well in the regular season then get outcoached and out played in teh playoffs, and 2) with all the money spent on Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Neal, Kunitz, Duduis, Martin etc., do we have to fill out the roster with a bunch of $550,000 a year guys. How is that going to help us get to the Cup?
Last edited by PAPLine on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PAPLine
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun May 05, 2013 6:41 pm

Re: bye-bye Dan Bylsma

Postby Idoit40fans on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:50 am

Its all about the matchups. Just have to get lucky and not run into a complete team that has an NHL calibre coach.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 53,260
Joined: Sat Dec 09, 2006 2:42 pm
Location: No Reading, No Research, Just Strong Opinions

Re: bye-bye Dan Bylsma

Postby SolidSnake on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:57 am

PAPLine wrote:Let's see, for all intents and purposes, we got rid of Kennedy and picked up Scudaeri and no other changes. We pretty much kept the same coaching staff. There have been a lot of posts in various threads talking about how we keep people, get people and generally work to field a team under the salary cap. I have two issued going forward. 1) If we pretty much kept the same team, how do we expect any better results than we have for the last few years, i.e. play well in the regular season then get outcoached and out played in teh playoffs, and 2) with all the month spent on Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Neal, Kunitz, Duduis, Martin etc., do we have to fill out the roster with a bunch of $550,000 a year guys. How is that going to help us get to the Cup?
how much month was spent on duduis?
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 19,129
Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:41 pm
Location: Winners don't use drugs.- William S. Sessions.

Re: bye-bye Dan Bylsma

Postby Guinness on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:03 pm

ExPatriatePen wrote:
Guinness wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:
offsides wrote:
ExPatriatePen wrote:If the Rangers steal Ruff, I'm gonna be pissed.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_ ... e-confirms


I don't think it matters where Ruff goes because I'm worried HCDB will still be here next season. He won 8 games in the playoffs which is pretty good for him and I think Shero really likes him. Not sure how he will handle his #1 goalie after he was afraid to play him in the playoffs.


Well... first of all, I think Ruff is PERFECT for the Rags, whether or not we retain HCDB. And I don't want the Rags to improve one iota.

Secondly. Damn I hope you're wrong re: Bylsma.

If he's retained, I'll drive back to Pittsburgh and attend a game as Darth Vader. Damn "the FORCE."


Lemme know which game... I'll try to get tickets, too. ;)


Damn, I was hoping people would forget that "promise"

I guess It'll have to be the first game when the Bruins are back at CEC.

Do you think anyone will get the reference? People have such short memories...


Dunno, but I'm considering going to the same game dressed as a market sack. :?
Guinness
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,330
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:30 am
Location: At the pub

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: blurryhaze312, BurghThing, darkstar57, DelPen, Desiato, Fast B, jcgopens, mikey287, Sure, Not and 27 guests


e-mail