Over a week later....

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Over a week later....

Postby owtahear on Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:50 am

ExPatriatePen wrote:
FreeCandy44 wrote:Dude...why bring up the past? Time to move on...

Great advice for not only hockey fans, but for life in general...:)

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it. That's why.
owtahear
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby stopper40 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:36 am

I was over it on a couple of days. They got beat Boston won. My life isn't affected in any way if they win or lose. Sure I'm a little bit happier if they win but nothing changes. Heck, it saves me money, I don't go out and drink during the games and don't have to buy any championship merchandise
stopper40
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby jimjom on Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:41 pm

Agree on the monetary savings aspect.

I will not, as I have done each year since the 2010 meltdown, wear any Penguins shirts, hats, etc until training camp. I am mad at the Penguins. Also not thrilled about the coach's extension or the vote of confidence behind MAF.

However, I shut down emotionally after Game 2 -- kind of realized it would be over after that lifeless game in short order. Came to terms with that.
jimjom
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:45 pm

I agree with the last line of that post, but not the rest of it. All of the shirts i wear to workout/lay around the house with no possibility of going out in are pens' giveaway shirts. I can't stop wearing them.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Sarcastic on Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:19 pm

People deal with this stuff in their own ways and I don't know how anyone can tell another person how they should feel about what happened. I think that's quiet out of line to preach that way to people and to dismiss their feelings. I was able to get over it but I learned over the years to focus on a positive thing around me when something goes wrong. But others hold things inside and find it more difficult and I can understand it. But let's not make a mistake. We follow a team, we spend hours and hours, years, rooting for that team, we invest money, time, love into a sport and our team, so yes, it's emotional when we win or lose. Any playoff game OT, we're all freaking out and it's normal, no? Yup. So when some say that 'eh, just a game, I don't care, whatever' when we do lose, I don't think they're completely truthful.. not even to themselves. If they are, then they're a casual fan and have nothing else invested in the team. That's fine, I guess, but fans are rabid about their teams and that's normal. It does affect us and some people just deal with it better than others. I think I was over it before the 4th game was finished and when I say I was over, it means I accepted it and said it's time to move on. I will say that I lost some respect for our team and will be cautious about getting as emotionally involved next season. I'll see how things play out.
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby littlemoonboot on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:17 am

I'm over it now. LOL Bruins. I just don't think the Pens (or anyone for the most part) would have beat Chicago.

My expectations for the Pens next year won't be as big, but maybe that's a good thing.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby CERV96 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:43 am

littlemoonboot wrote:I'm over it now. LOL Bruins. I just don't think the Pens (or anyone for the most part) would have beat Chicago.

My expectations for the Pens next year won't be as big, but maybe that's a good thing.

Sometimes it is the best way. Look at 2009 on paper it was a weaker roster than 2008. Plus the team was standing in 10th place with a month to go in the regular season. Point is sometimes crazy things happen when expectation is low.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Malkamaniac on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:47 am

Kaizer wrote:PR has become an endless, depressing facebook timeline.

If people are still complaining about the Pens loss on your facebook timeline, then you need new friends.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:48 am

If you know what your facebook timeline looks like, you spend too much time on facebook.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:49 am

Malkamaniac wrote:
Kaizer wrote:PR has become an endless, depressing facebook timeline.

If people are still complaining about the Pens loss on your facebook timeline, then you need new friends.

I have one person that just can't seem to let go.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby cheesesteakwithegg on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:09 am

Idoit40fans wrote:If you know what your facebook timeline looks like, you spend too much time on facebook.

lol, if this isn't the quintessential idoit post, I don't know what is.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Idoit40fans on Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:10 am

If we had signatures...
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby ExPatriatePen on Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:23 am

littlemoonboot wrote:I'm over it now. LOL Bruins. I just don't think the Pens (or anyone for the most part) would have beat Chicago.

LMB must not have gotten the memo:

"the Blackhawks just aren't that good" :pop:
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins