If There Is A Season, How Many Games Will You Attend

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

If THere Is A Season, How Many Games Will You Attend

I will attend as many as I would normally
33%
I will attend only a few select games
No votes
I will attend less by far
14%
I will not attend any
52%

Total votes : 42

Re: If There Is A Season, How Many Games Will You Attend

Postby llipgh2 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:23 pm

I voted for as many as I usually do.

I have a full seaason ticket package, but I sell off games. And probably will when/if there is a season this year.
llipgh2
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby JS© on Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:25 pm

Zero. Not a one. This includes playoffs. OK, let me clarify: if free tickets were to fall into my lap, I might go.

But after this lockout, the faux sympathy from both Bettman, Fehr, and that video about players playing for the love of the game, I've never felt so distanced as a fan. Me and a few other people were talking on twitter about what will be better if/when the league resumes. Last time you had the new rules, Sid and OV, the shootout, etc. Sid's head is still questionable (I like to think it isn't, but it is), Ovie is at least trending in a decline which could be from a variety of things. The shootout is still the shootout. Teams will still be trapping and packing it in the defensive zone (looking your way, New York and Washington).

JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby suzinpgh on Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:38 pm

JS© wrote: I've never felt so distanced as a fan.

This.
suzinpgh
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Godric on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:06 pm

offsides wrote:
Godric wrote:
Big Easy Pens Fan wrote:I'm 67. At this stage in my life, I wouldn't want to deprive myself of any opporunity to travel to Pittsburgh to attend at least 2 games or 3 games in a 4 to 7 day period. Plus it affords me of the opportunity to visit friends there. Unfortunately it is looking less and less like a season will be forthcoming for '12-'13. :(

BEPF

I feel for you BEPF, and I wish you many more opportunites to enjoy

PS:

With the release of that little tidbit of info.... The oldest people on the board are now:

BEPF
geezer
ExpatriatePen

I'm 63. Where do I rank?

you and Geezer are tied I think.... maybe Geez is 64
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby mikey287 on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:16 pm

Not that I want to bring up the age of people and harp on it, but I had no idea offsides was 63...I have a very vague idea of posters' ages I think, but I was way off there...wouldn't have given him such a hard time in the past had I had known that...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby offsides on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:39 pm

mikey287 wrote:Not that I want to bring up the age of people and harp on it, but I had no idea offsides was 63...I have a very vague idea of posters' ages I think, but I was way off there...wouldn't have given him such a hard time in the past had I had known that...

That's OK, I can handle it. Been through a lot, and disagreements on an internet message board are nothing.

BTW: My wife would agree with you completely. She says I act like a young knucklehead half (or more) the time.
offsides
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Godric on Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:45 pm

mikey287 wrote:Not that I want to bring up the age of people and harp on it, but I had no idea offsides was 63...I have a very vague idea of posters' ages I think, but I was way off there...wouldn't have given him such a hard time in the past had I had known that...

maybe you shouldn't be so incendiary on a general basis :pop:

Same goes for me too... 8-)
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Postby no name on Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:04 pm

As i usually would, weather i get the free or a friend takes me or if i can get them for face value or very close to face value. I thnk i would attend as normal.

Actually when it comes time to fork over some money i hope i can say screw you, to the Players and the owners and not buy them.

I think the fact that i miss the game would make me still buy them.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Tim Thomasen on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:05 am

Godric wrote:
Tim Thomasen wrote:If the Lord's willing and the creek don't rise, I will attend as many games as can.

I attend atleast five games as I have a five game mini plan with the club and if I have the momey i'll attend a few more. I'm not like everyone else here when they say they don't miss the NHL because I do. I miss the Saturday night games, I miss the rivalry games and I miss listening to Lange on the radio.

I'm not into college hockey, i'm done following ECHL hockey since Johnstown moved away and although i've had a ten game plan with the Erie Otters for the last three years, it doesn't replace following NHL hockey. Alto figure in the fact the team is horrible on defense, has no consistant scoring outside of Connor McDavid and Connor Brown and is too broke to make a coaching change. So all that and the fact Erie is close to three hours away from home makes it hard to get into OHL hockey the same way i'm into NHL hockey.

Hang in there....

What a somber thread :(

There's nothing really somber about what I said.

Anyways if there's any good about this lockout, I have very few distractions when it come to getting my homework done for the college classes i'm taking at Cal U. Like in my campaign management class where i'm in charge of a group to put together a campaign strategy paper for the congressional district of our choice (our group decided to do the 18th district). So with the lockout going on as long as it has, i've had a ton of free time to get this project done and its very time consuming, but it's going well so far.

Also in terms of sporting events, i've been going to more Steeler games as a result of the lockout. I've already been to games againist the Jets, Redskins and Chiefs and have tickets for the away game in Cleveland and the home game againist San Diego.

But I do miss the game. Yes hockey is hockey, but nothing compares to watching the best league in the world and I wouldn't turn my back on it. Like I said above: I don't follow college hockey, i'm done following ECHL hockey and watching the OHL isn't the same andI don't play the game.
Last edited by Tim Thomasen on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Thomasen
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Location: You know, it's just not death with dignity if there's an Estevez in the room

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:10 am

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/spo ... nd-662656/

The PG spoke with some season ticket holders and most, if not all in this article, say they will back.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby columbia on Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:43 pm

I'll definitely buy the CI package if/when the NHL resumes.

It's actually affordable, unlike the AHL streaming deal.
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby The Snapshot on Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:20 pm

Big Easy Pens Fan wrote: I'm horny for some Pens hockey. :face: :roll:

largegarlic wrote:My mom's company has season tickets

:pop: :pop:
The Snapshot
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby GJ on Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:38 pm

The small print on your DirecTV bill states that once the season starts you will be automatically billed for the Center Ice package. If you don't want this then you have to call DirecTV and have them cancel the auto billing. I won't renew (and I've had it for many years) unless they offer some price incentives to come back.
GJ
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby pensfan86 on Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:31 am

If they start to play the first of the year, there will be only 3 weekend home games. Thank you NHL for another shotty schedule. With that being said I doubt I will be going to any!
pensfan86
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Idoit40fans on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:48 pm

pensfan86 wrote:If they start to play the first of the year, there will be only 3 weekend home games. Thank you NHL for another shotty schedule. With that being said I doubt I will be going to any!

They would have to rework the schedule at this point so maybe they'd add some.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:48 pm

lolol....just read the first page of this thread. To answer the OP's question...a big, fat zero.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby penny lane on Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:23 pm

how many games will they PAY me to attend?
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins