Your Future Penguins

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Your Future Penguins

Postby DesertPenguin on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:04 am

WBS rosters (after first cuts)

Forwards (14) – Beau Bennett, Philippe Dupuis, Benn Ferriero, Brian Gibbons, Riley Holzapfel, Denver Manderson, Jayson Megna, Michael Neal, Warren Peters, Zach Sill, Trevor Smith, Eric Tangradi, Paul Thompson, Keven Veilleux

Defensemen (10) – Robert Bortuzzo, Simon Despres, Brian Dumoulin, Alex Grant, Joey Mormina, Joe Morrow, Dylan Reese, Philip Samuelsson, Carl Sneep and Brian Strait

Goaltenders – Brad Thiessen and Jeff Zatkoff

Goaltender Patrick Killeen, defenseman Reid McNeill and forwards Cody Chupp, Tom Kuhnhackl, Adam Payerl, Dominik Uher and Scott Zurevinski have been assigned to the Wheeling Nailers of the ECHL, while Michael Neal has been released from his professional try-out agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at that blueline! Is that even fair?

Morrow - Dumoulin
Despres - Strait
Bortuzzo - Reese

All six will soon be or already are NHL caliber defensemen. Dirty. Dirty. Dirty.
DesertPenguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 718
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:32 pm
Location: Z's Old House

Re: Your Future Penguins

Postby Froggy on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:52 am

Denver Manderson...do we own his rights? I recognize the name, but don't remember drafting him
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,763
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:40 pm
Location: http://DrunkInAGraveyard.com

Re: Your Future Penguins

Postby mikey287 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:52 am

Froggy wrote:Denver Manderson...do we own his rights? I recognize the name, but don't remember drafting him


Signed by WBS, if I recall...

Surprised Michael Neal made the team...edit: reading further, he was released, but is still in the group of forwards that made it...?

Uher won't be spending much time in the ECHL I don't believe...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,061
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: Your Future Penguins

Postby tfrizz on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:09 am

Froggy wrote:Denver Manderson...do we own his rights? I recognize the name, but don't remember drafting him


Signed with the organization last summer, then spent the season in Wheeling.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=19266
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... ?pid=92437
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,408
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:49 am
Location: Freddy Beach

Re: Your Future Penguins

Postby columbia on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:11 am

Dylan Reese?
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 47,625
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:13 am
Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Re: Your Future Penguins

Postby DesertPenguin on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:01 pm

mikey287 wrote:
Froggy wrote:Denver Manderson...do we own his rights? I recognize the name, but don't remember drafting him


Signed by WBS, if I recall...

Surprised Michael Neal made the team...edit: reading further, he was released, but is still in the group of forwards that made it...?

Uher won't be spending much time in the ECHL I don't believe...


Michael Neal was cut. Sorry. I pasted the camp roster and then manually deleted the names of the guys who were cut. I missed one.

As for Dylan Resse, yep, that Dylan Reese, Upper St. Clair native.

Being from my high school, I'm rooting for him, but given the logjam of prospects and veterans both on the Pens and in WBS, his chances of success don't look very good here.
DesertPenguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 718
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:32 pm
Location: Z's Old House

Re: Your Future Penguins

Postby Mr. Colby on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:10 am

So they still have to send 2 defensemen to Wheeling... I'd guess Grant and Samuelsson
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,776
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:33 pm
Location: Born and Raised in Kent Manderville

Re: Your Future Penguins

Postby Mr. Colby on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:38 pm

WBS recalled Adam Payerl and now the roster stands at 27. First game is tomorrow in Binghamton
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,776
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:33 pm
Location: Born and Raised in Kent Manderville

Re: Your Future Penguins

Postby pens#1 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:21 pm

DesertPenguin wrote:WBS rosters (after first cuts)

Forwards (14) – Beau Bennett, Philippe Dupuis, Benn Ferriero, Brian Gibbons, Riley Holzapfel, Denver Manderson, Jayson Megna, Michael Neal, Warren Peters, Zach Sill, Trevor Smith, Eric Tangradi, Paul Thompson, Keven Veilleux

Defensemen (10) – Robert Bortuzzo, Simon Despres, Brian Dumoulin, Alex Grant, Joey Mormina, Joe Morrow, Dylan Reese, Philip Samuelsson, Carl Sneep and Brian Strait

Goaltenders – Brad Thiessen and Jeff Zatkoff

Goaltender Patrick Killeen, defenseman Reid McNeill and forwards Cody Chupp, Tom Kuhnhackl, Adam Payerl, Dominik Uher and Scott Zurevinski have been assigned to the Wheeling Nailers of the ECHL, while Michael Neal has been released from his professional try-out agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at that blueline! Is that even fair?

Morrow - Dumoulin
Despres - Strait
Bortuzzo - Reese

All six will soon be or already are NHL caliber defensemen. Dirty. Dirty. Dirty.


i may be wrong but i thought Sneep would be ahead of Reese?
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 13,885
Joined: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:05 pm
Location: allentown

Re: Your Future Penguins

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:54 pm

pens#1 wrote:
DesertPenguin wrote:WBS rosters (after first cuts)

Forwards (14) – Beau Bennett, Philippe Dupuis, Benn Ferriero, Brian Gibbons, Riley Holzapfel, Denver Manderson, Jayson Megna, Michael Neal, Warren Peters, Zach Sill, Trevor Smith, Eric Tangradi, Paul Thompson, Keven Veilleux

Defensemen (10) – Robert Bortuzzo, Simon Despres, Brian Dumoulin, Alex Grant, Joey Mormina, Joe Morrow, Dylan Reese, Philip Samuelsson, Carl Sneep and Brian Strait

Goaltenders – Brad Thiessen and Jeff Zatkoff

Goaltender Patrick Killeen, defenseman Reid McNeill and forwards Cody Chupp, Tom Kuhnhackl, Adam Payerl, Dominik Uher and Scott Zurevinski have been assigned to the Wheeling Nailers of the ECHL, while Michael Neal has been released from his professional try-out agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at that blueline! Is that even fair?

Morrow - Dumoulin
Despres - Strait
Bortuzzo - Reese

All six will soon be or already are NHL caliber defensemen. Dirty. Dirty. Dirty.


i may be wrong but i thought Sneep would be ahead of Reese?


Alphabetical order :pop:
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,580
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:11 pm
Location: BOBROVSKY!!!

Re: Your Future Penguins

Postby mikey287 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:06 pm

Why would Sneep be ahead of an AHL vet like Reese?
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,061
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: Your Future Penguins

Postby pugilist13 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:44 am

I kinda cringe when i look at the forwards. Not much there,eh? Castoffs from other organizations or guys who wont make much of an impact in the future, other than Bennett hopefully.
pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,258
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:51 pm
Location: your back yard

Re: Your Future Penguins

Postby DesertPenguin on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:33 pm

pugilist13 wrote:I kinda cringe when i look at the forwards. Not much there,eh? Castoffs from other organizations or guys who wont make much of an impact in the future, other than Bennett hopefully.


I was a little surprised Kuhnhackl was sent down. Here's hoping its a short stay in Wheeling.
DesertPenguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 718
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:32 pm
Location: Z's Old House

Re: Your Future Penguins

Postby mikey287 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:55 pm

DesertPenguin wrote:
pugilist13 wrote:I kinda cringe when i look at the forwards. Not much there,eh? Castoffs from other organizations or guys who wont make much of an impact in the future, other than Bennett hopefully.


I was a little surprised Kuhnhackl was sent down. Here's hoping its a short stay in Wheeling.


I wouldn't expect too much from him. He's not his dad...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,061
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: Your Future Penguins

Postby mikey287 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:01 pm

pugilist13 wrote:I kinda cringe when i look at the forwards. Not much there,eh? Castoffs from other organizations or guys who wont make much of an impact in the future, other than Bennett hopefully.


Re-growth time is needed. Many young forwards recently graduated into the system. Takes time and skillful eye to replenish. Organization realizes it (step 1 of any issue) and have gone out of their way to try to alleviate it faster (signed undrafteds like Sill, Payerl, Megna, Letestu, etc.) but you can't force what isn't there and reach for something you don't believe in (Teravainen). Our prospects (hell, our NHLers too) on defense weren't so hot, now we're nearly the unquestioned best in that department. If amateur scouting can't do it, maybe pro scouting can.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,061
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: Your Future Penguins

Postby mikey287 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:02 pm

Not sure if anyone cares, but some notes about the WBS Pens opener in its appropriate forum: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59792
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 18,061
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA - @MichaelFarkasHF

Re: Your Future Penguins

Postby Gaucho on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:25 am

Thanks. :thumb:
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 41,685
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:22 am
Location: The Onyx Club


Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: raewhit and 24 guests


e-mail