Your Future Penguins

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Your Future Penguins

Postby DesertPenguin on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:04 am

WBS rosters (after first cuts)

Forwards (14) – Beau Bennett, Philippe Dupuis, Benn Ferriero, Brian Gibbons, Riley Holzapfel, Denver Manderson, Jayson Megna, Michael Neal, Warren Peters, Zach Sill, Trevor Smith, Eric Tangradi, Paul Thompson, Keven Veilleux

Defensemen (10) – Robert Bortuzzo, Simon Despres, Brian Dumoulin, Alex Grant, Joey Mormina, Joe Morrow, Dylan Reese, Philip Samuelsson, Carl Sneep and Brian Strait

Goaltenders – Brad Thiessen and Jeff Zatkoff

Goaltender Patrick Killeen, defenseman Reid McNeill and forwards Cody Chupp, Tom Kuhnhackl, Adam Payerl, Dominik Uher and Scott Zurevinski have been assigned to the Wheeling Nailers of the ECHL, while Michael Neal has been released from his professional try-out agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at that blueline! Is that even fair?

Morrow - Dumoulin
Despres - Strait
Bortuzzo - Reese

All six will soon be or already are NHL caliber defensemen. Dirty. Dirty. Dirty.
DesertPenguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Your Future Penguins

Postby Froggy on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:52 am

Denver Manderson...do we own his rights? I recognize the name, but don't remember drafting him
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mikey287 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:52 am

Froggy wrote:Denver Manderson...do we own his rights? I recognize the name, but don't remember drafting him

Signed by WBS, if I recall...

Surprised Michael Neal made the team...edit: reading further, he was released, but is still in the group of forwards that made it...?

Uher won't be spending much time in the ECHL I don't believe...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby tfrizz on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:09 am

Froggy wrote:Denver Manderson...do we own his rights? I recognize the name, but don't remember drafting him

Signed with the organization last summer, then spent the season in Wheeling.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=19266
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdis ... ?pid=92437
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby columbia on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:11 am

Dylan Reese?
columbia
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu.

Postby DesertPenguin on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:01 pm

mikey287 wrote:

Signed by WBS, if I recall...

Surprised Michael Neal made the team...edit: reading further, he was released, but is still in the group of forwards that made it...?

Uher won't be spending much time in the ECHL I don't believe...

Michael Neal was cut. Sorry. I pasted the camp roster and then manually deleted the names of the guys who were cut. I missed one.

As for Dylan Resse, yep, that Dylan Reese, Upper St. Clair native.

Being from my high school, I'm rooting for him, but given the logjam of prospects and veterans both on the Pens and in WBS, his chances of success don't look very good here.
DesertPenguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Mr. Colby on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:10 am

So they still have to send 2 defensemen to Wheeling... I'd guess Grant and Samuelsson
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Mr. Colby on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:38 pm

WBS recalled Adam Payerl and now the roster stands at 27. First game is tomorrow in Binghamton
Mr. Colby
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby pens#1 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:21 pm

DesertPenguin wrote:WBS rosters (after first cuts)

Forwards (14) – Beau Bennett, Philippe Dupuis, Benn Ferriero, Brian Gibbons, Riley Holzapfel, Denver Manderson, Jayson Megna, Michael Neal, Warren Peters, Zach Sill, Trevor Smith, Eric Tangradi, Paul Thompson, Keven Veilleux

Defensemen (10) – Robert Bortuzzo, Simon Despres, Brian Dumoulin, Alex Grant, Joey Mormina, Joe Morrow, Dylan Reese, Philip Samuelsson, Carl Sneep and Brian Strait

Goaltender Patrick Killeen, defenseman Reid McNeill and forwards Cody Chupp, Tom Kuhnhackl, Adam Payerl, Dominik Uher and Scott Zurevinski have been assigned to the Wheeling Nailers of the ECHL, while Michael Neal has been released from his professional try-out agreement.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Morrow - Dumoulin
Despres - Strait
Bortuzzo - Reese

All six will soon be or already are NHL caliber defensemen. Dirty. Dirty. Dirty.

i may be wrong but i thought Sneep would be ahead of Reese?
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby MRandall25 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:54 pm

pens#1 wrote:
DesertPenguin wrote:WBS rosters (after first cuts)

Morrow - Dumoulin
Despres - Strait
Bortuzzo - Reese

i may be wrong but i thought Sneep would be ahead of Reese?

Alphabetical order :pop:
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mikey287 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:06 pm

Why would Sneep be ahead of an AHL vet like Reese?
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pugilist13 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:44 am

I kinda cringe when i look at the forwards. Not much there,eh? Castoffs from other organizations or guys who wont make much of an impact in the future, other than Bennett hopefully.
pugilist13
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby DesertPenguin on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:33 pm

pugilist13 wrote:I kinda cringe when i look at the forwards. Not much there,eh? Castoffs from other organizations or guys who wont make much of an impact in the future, other than Bennett hopefully.

I was a little surprised Kuhnhackl was sent down. Here's hoping its a short stay in Wheeling.
DesertPenguin
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby mikey287 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:55 pm

DesertPenguin wrote:
pugilist13 wrote:I kinda cringe when i look at the forwards. Not much there,eh? Castoffs from other organizations or guys who wont make much of an impact in the future, other than Bennett hopefully.

I was a little surprised Kuhnhackl was sent down. Here's hoping its a short stay in Wheeling.

I wouldn't expect too much from him. He's not his dad...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mikey287 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:01 pm

Re-growth time is needed. Many young forwards recently graduated into the system. Takes time and skillful eye to replenish. Organization realizes it (step 1 of any issue) and have gone out of their way to try to alleviate it faster (signed undrafteds like Sill, Payerl, Megna, Letestu, etc.) but you can't force what isn't there and reach for something you don't believe in (Teravainen). Our prospects (hell, our NHLers too) on defense weren't so hot, now we're nearly the unquestioned best in that department. If amateur scouting can't do it, maybe pro scouting can.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby mikey287 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:02 pm

Not sure if anyone cares, but some notes about the WBS Pens opener in its appropriate forum: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59792
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Gaucho on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:25 am

Thanks. :thumb:
Gaucho
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins