Schedule changes

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Schedule changes

Postby jasonpens on Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:43 am

So let's say that the season begins somewhere around Thanksgiving and maybe 20-25 game are lost. What happens to the schedule? Is the whole thing reformatted or do they just pick up where the original schedule would be at that point in the year. I would think they would have to reformat for obvious reasons. For example, a team could end up having way more home games than road games left on the schedule, or vice-versa. Not to mention, quality of opponents could be vastly different for teams in same division. Anyone know how the schedule is affected, assuming they play hockey again this year?
jasonpens
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Re: Schedule changes

Postby no name on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:44 pm

Totally new schedule, you have to adjust the ammount of times you play your division oppenents and things like that.
no name
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DMcGrew on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:12 pm

Wonder what this means for season ticket holders. I'm assuming our entire ticket book would be invalid?
DMcGrew
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby C4 Row E on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:14 am

The point about division opponents is valid, but it's not that simple to adjust a whole schedule. Many of them are built around other events in the arena such as NBA games and concerts. It would be almost impossible to redo the entire schedule in a limited amount of time and reissue tickets. I believe it would stay status quo.
C4 Row E
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Idoit40fans on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:09 am

I didn't look at them yet, but I assume they may have printed season tickets with game numbers on them, not unlike playoff tickets. I can't imagine that they don't redo the schedule.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby pittsoccer33 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:08 am

The NBA threw the entire thing out and started over when they started the season on Christmas Day last year. Heres an interesting read on how they did it http://www.nba.com/2011/news/features/j ... index.html
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pressure=9Pa on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:50 pm

I think when the 1990's lockout ended the revised the schedule with no cross-conference games. That might suck for a certain Western Canadian team that's in the Eastern conference.
pressure=9Pa
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby tfrizz on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:33 pm

Idoit40fans wrote:I can't imagine that they don't redo the schedule.

They'd have to redo the entire schedule unless every team has exactly the same number of games from whenever they resume to the end of the season.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins