Devils about to be taken over by the NHL

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Devils about to be taken over by the NHL

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:14 am

Crankshaft wrote:The Devils would be the first team to move that has won a league championship, right?


Well, we're splitting hairs here, but the Avs won a championship a year after they relocated from Quebec.

BEPF
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,696
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:18 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA

Re: Devils about to be taken over by the NHL

Postby Rylan on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:19 am

Announcement today on the Devils sale to 76ers owner is rumored.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 16,082
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:07 pm
Location: Dead and Without Love

Re: Devils about to be taken over by the NHL

Postby Crankshaft on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:36 am

Big Easy Pens Fan wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:The Devils would be the first team to move that has won a league championship, right?


Well, we're splitting hairs here, but the Avs won a championship a year after they relocated from Quebec.

BEPF


You did not understand what I said. What I meant was a team, whom had already won a championship, moving from their city. Not a team that relocated and won a championship after the fact.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,733
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 11:35 am

Re: Devils about to be taken over by the NHL

Postby Big Easy Pens Fan on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:57 am

Crankshaft wrote:
Big Easy Pens Fan wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:The Devils would be the first team to move that has won a league championship, right?


Well, we're splitting hairs here, but the Avs won a championship a year after they relocated from Quebec.

BEPF


You did not understand what I said. What I meant was a team, whom had already won a championship, moving from their city. Not a team that relocated and won a championship after the fact.


That's why I said "...we're splitting hairs here..."

BEPF
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,696
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:18 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA

Re: Devils about to be taken over by the NHL

Postby Crankshaft on Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:12 am

Big Easy Pens Fan wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:
Big Easy Pens Fan wrote:
Crankshaft wrote:The Devils would be the first team to move that has won a league championship, right?


Well, we're splitting hairs here, but the Avs won a championship a year after they relocated from Quebec.

BEPF


You did not understand what I said. What I meant was a team, whom had already won a championship, moving from their city. Not a team that relocated and won a championship after the fact.


That's why I said "...we're splitting hairs here..."

BEPF


...ok?
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 6,733
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 11:35 am

Re: Devils about to be taken over by the NHL

Postby brwi on Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:50 am

SOLD! NHL dodges one here as this deal got done quickly and got rid of no-money ownership and replaced them without a lot of teeth-grinding and drama. Hurray!

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/story/_ ... evils-320m
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,135
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:36 am

Re: Devils about to be taken over by the NHL

Postby Beveridge on Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:27 am

Something about an owner of a Philly team owning the Devils is hilarious to me.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,846
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:38 pm
Location: Punxsutawney

Re: Devils about to be taken over by the NHL

Postby brwi on Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:34 pm

Beveridge wrote:Something about an owner of a Philly team owning the Devils is hilarious to me.


I still think it's better than Ed Snyder/SMG controlling the arena and also the Pens back in those dark days.
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 11,135
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:36 am

Previous

Return to NPR

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


e-mail