Politics... have at it!!!

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Re: Politics... have at it!!!

Postby Humperdink on Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:28 pm

If a select commenter wishes to have a dialogue, he/she needs to reach out to Daniel. He's the preferred guy as the commenter so eloquently stated up thread. I do not engage liberals who resort to personal insults and name calling, but I repeat myself (again).

BTW: The topic is "Politics .... have at it!!". I am on topic.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby theblackarts on Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:43 pm

Humperdink wrote:If a select commenter wishes to have a dialogue, he/she needs to reach out to Daniel. He's the preferred guy as the commenter so eloquently stated up thread. I do not engage liberals who resort to personal insults and name calling, but I repeat myself (again).

Haha, aw Hump, sorry, but you don't get to keep inventing things that have happened in order to get out of being a responsible citizen. All that I'm asking of you is to post material that isn't bottom of the barrel political trash. Is that so difficult? Here's an example:

Hi everyone, my name is Humperdink. Here's an article by some significant writers, warning of the dangers of cancel culture. I really thought they hit the nail on the head. What do you all think?

https://harpers.org/a-letter-on-justice ... en-debate/

See how easy that is? You should try it. In the mean time, I'll be responding to all of your posts so long as you continue to post whatever you find on the 27th comment page of TuckerCarlson.com

Edit: You do realize that when you post sweeping generalizations of the left and far-right articles that do the same or worse, those could easily be taken as personal insults/name calling? The hypocrisy Hump... and you thought only democrats were capable of that.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Humperdink on Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:37 pm

My alma mater continues to embarrass itself.

Headline: "Penn State Deletes Tweet Welcoming Conservative Students After Outcry"

"At Penn State, the university took an important step in this time of rising intolerance and actually included conservative students in a welcoming message.

"It did not last. After an outcry from students, the university deleted the tweet — thereby sending precisely the opposite message to conservative students.

"Penn State Director of Strategic Communications William Hessert, Jr stated that the school wanted “to express the inclusive, democratic and participatory values of the liberal arts.” However, the “ message was not being received well and it is important for us that our messages be received as intended.”

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/pen ... ter-outcry

Now there is a strategic communicator. PSU has the largest dues paying alumni association in the world. I suspect there is more than one conservative who occasionally contributes. Or did.
Last edited by Humperdink on Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Humperdink on Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:45 pm

Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby theblackarts on Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:27 pm

Humperdink wrote:My alma mater continues to embarrass itself.

Headline: "Penn State Deletes Tweet Welcoming Conservative Students After Outcry"

"At Penn State, the university took an important step in this time of rising intolerance and actually included conservative students in a welcoming message.

"It did not last. After an outcry from students, the university deleted the tweet — thereby sending precisely the opposite message to conservative students.

"Penn State Director of Strategic Communications William Hessert, Jr stated that the school wanted “to express the inclusive, democratic and participatory values of the liberal arts.” However, the “ message was being received welland it is important for us that our messages be received as intended.”

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/pen ... ter-outcry

Now there is a strategic communicator. PSU has the largest dues paying alumni association in the world. I suspect there is more than one conservative who occasionally contributes. Or did.

There are several things going on here:

1) They should not have included conservative students in the first place, rather, only minority groups
2) Deleting the tweet was the right thing to do, because it was poorly conceived
3) You deleted a word in “the message was not being received well and it is important for us that our messages be received as intended.”
4) I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt there, even though I shouldn't
5) Conservative writers calling liberals "orwellian" is... ironic to say the least.
6) I don't exactly agree with Nunez, but the end result is the correct one
7) It's not a chilling message of hostility, the tweet wasn't a logical one and it should have been deleted. The writer is choosing to view it as hostile because of his clear disagreement with Nunez.
8) Keep in mind that liberals are usually being intolerant of intolerance, so it's not as straightforward as you/they want to think it is.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Humperdink on Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:00 pm

My post was edited (corrected) at 2:25 to include the word "not". You posted at 2:27 indicating that I forgot the word not. Geez.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Daniel on Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:31 pm

Humperdink wrote:If a select commenter wishes to have a dialogue, he/she needs to reach out to Daniel. He's the preferred guy as the commenter so eloquently stated up thread. I do not engage liberals who resort to personal insults and name calling, but I repeat myself (again).

I'm doing my best to not be the preferred guy. I've decided to not give a crap and only read this thread for laughs.
Daniel
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Humperdink on Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:40 pm

Daniel wrote:

I'm doing my best to not be the preferred guy. I've decided to not give a crap and only read this thread for laughs.

That's too bad. I was hoping you would join the fray.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Daniel on Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:48 pm

Humperdink wrote:
Daniel wrote:

That's too bad. I was hoping you would join the fray.

Maybe if I have the time to be 100% perfect with my posts I’ll rejoin the fray.
Daniel
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Humperdink on Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:36 pm

Coming on the heels of most recent Supreme Court ruling on Oklahoma and the Native Indians, the Babylon Bee posts this headline:

"Elizabeth Warren Declares Herself Warlord Of Eastern Oklahoma Autonomous Zone"

Reports the Bee: "The Supreme Court decided this week that half of Oklahoma is Native American land. Failed presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren was seen soon after in the newly formed Eastern Oklahoma Autonomous Zone with an authentic tomahawk and bow purchased in a gift shop, declaring herself to be the warlord of the area.

"We must overthrow the palefaces," she said in an address to her people, who looked both confused and annoyed. "This is no longer part of the colonizers' United States of America -- we are an autonomous collective."

https://babylonbee.com/news/elizabeth-w ... omous-zone

(Note: The Babylon Bee is a satirical website)
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby theblackarts on Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:12 am

Humperdink wrote:Coming on the heels of most recent Supreme Court ruling on Oklahoma and the Native Indians, the Babylon Bee posts this headline:

"Elizabeth Warren Declares Herself Warlord Of Eastern Oklahoma Autonomous Zone"

Reports the Bee: "The Supreme Court decided this week that half of Oklahoma is Native American land. Failed presidential candidate Elizabeth Warren was seen soon after in the newly formed Eastern Oklahoma Autonomous Zone with an authentic tomahawk and bow purchased in a gift shop, declaring herself to be the warlord of the area.

"We must overthrow the palefaces," she said in an address to her people, who looked both confused and annoyed. "This is no longer part of the colonizers' United States of America -- we are an autonomous collective."

https://babylonbee.com/news/elizabeth-w ... omous-zone

(Note: The Babylon Bee is a satirical website)

Cute. Any thoughts on something more relevant, like Roger Stone's pardon or Barr replacing Donoghue with a buddy? Drain the swamp right? Law and order? These are pretty difficult to defend.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Humperdink on Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:25 pm

Who was quoted as saying he was former President Obama's "wingman" while he was in office?

A) Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger
B) Chuck Yeager
C) Manfred von Richtofen, aka the Red Baron
D) Former US Attorney General Eric Holder

If you guessed D, you would be right!!!

That's right, the former AG Eric Holder in the Obama administration, the nations top cop, viewed his primary role as the protector of all things Obama.

Wingman; noun; def: A pilot in a plane that flies just outside and behind the right wing of the leading aircraft in a flight formation, in order to provide protective support. A man who helps, protects, or guides a friend.

Amusing, the phrases "law and order" and "law enforcement" are nowhere to be found in the definition. Want to know why the death of Brian Terry and the Fast and Furious debacle were never fully investigated? Look no further than Obama's wingman. Holder was held in contempt for refusing to turn over documents, the first Attorney General in the history of the United States to be held in contempt.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby theblackarts on Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:40 pm

Humperdink wrote:Who was quoted as saying he was former President Obama's "wingman" while he was in office?

A) Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger
B) Chuck Yeager
C) Manfred von Richtofen, aka the Red Baron
D) Former US Attorney General Eric Holder

If you guessed D, you would be right!!!

That's right, the former AG Eric Holder in the Obama administration, the nations top cop, viewed his primary role as the protector of all things Obama.

Wingman; noun; def: A pilot in a plane that flies just outside and behind the right wing of the leading aircraft in a flight formation, in order to provide protective support. A man who helps, protects, or guides a friend.

Amusing, the phrases "law and order" and "law enforcement" are nowhere to be found in the definition. Want to know why the death of Brian Terry and the Fast and Furious debacle were never fully investigated? Look no further than Obama's wingman. Holder was held in contempt for refusing to turn over documents, the first Attorney General in the history of the United States to be held in contempt.

Ah, “what about Obama?!” What insight! Your keen intellect is not to be tampered with, clearly. You do realize that’s not a defense, right? I’ll take your intentional lack of a defense as a sign that you can’t provide one.

For the sake of argument, let’s assume everyone is equally guilty or innocent. How are the accusations even remotely equivalent? Surely you don’t think they are.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Humperdink on Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:43 pm

Lois Lerner, key IRS official in the Obama administration, obstructed conservative groups from achieving tax-exempt status. Ms. Lerner was held in contempt and pled the "fifth". Can anyone guess who refused to enforce the contempt citation? Why none other than the wingman himself.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby theblackarts on Sat Jul 11, 2020 5:16 pm

Humperdink wrote:Lois Lerner, key IRS official in the Obama administration, obstructed conservative groups from achieving tax-exempt status. Ms. Lerner was held in contempt and pled the "fifth". Can anyone guess who refused to enforce the contempt citation? Why none other than the wingman himself.

Whataboutism is not a defense. Is this going to be like the Flynn thing where you just never admit the obvious wrongdoing? Please tell me more about Liz Warren and your make-believe stories. You’re also forgetting that I’ll criticize the establishment dems at every opportunity.

Regardless, in both of your examples Democrats sharply criticized and/or voted against the accused. So far you’ve got Romney and... that’s it. And for far worse crimes mind you. You’re comparing the tea party being denied tax exempt status to removing a president from office. Yyyyeahhh.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Sigwolf on Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:31 pm

theblackarts wrote:
Humperdink wrote:Lois Lerner, key IRS official in the Obama administration, obstructed conservative groups from achieving tax-exempt status. Ms. Lerner was held in contempt and pled the "fifth". Can anyone guess who refused to enforce the contempt citation? Why none other than the wingman himself.

Whataboutism is not a defense. Is this going to be like the Flynn thing where you just never admit the obvious wrongdoing? Please tell me more about Liz Warren and your make-believe stories. You’re also forgetting that I’ll criticize the establishment dems at every opportunity.

Regardless, in both of your examples Democrats sharply criticized and/or voted against the accused. So far you’ve got Romney and... that’s it. And for far worse crimes mind you. You’re comparing the tea party being denied tax exempt status to removing a president from office. Yyyyeahhh.

It's pretty hilarious that you are the same person that told someone they need therapy in this very thread. You've been on this board for more than a decade, yet the overwhelming majority of your posts are constant attacks on what another poster says and believes. You've barely even discussed hockey in more than ten years, yet you constantly cyber-stalk whatever Humperdink posts. You're so fixated that it is alarming. Please give it a rest.
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby theblackarts on Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:02 pm

Sigwolf wrote:
theblackarts wrote:

It's pretty hilarious that you are the same person that told someone they need therapy in this very thread. You've been on this board for more than a decade, yet the overwhelming majority of your posts are constant attacks on what another poster says and believes. You've barely even discussed hockey in more than ten years, yet you constantly cyber-stalk whatever Humperdink posts. You're so fixated that it is alarming. Please give it a rest.

Hi Sigwolf, nice to meet you too. I recommended that Humperdink seek therapy because he's refused every olive branch that I've offered him to act with a basic sense of civility, and his behavior often encroaches upon that of a quasi-sociopath, as he self-admittedly "trolls the libs" and at no point rescinds any comment, no matter how inaccurate. Since you've combed through my post history I assume you've also combed through his post history and noted his relentless trolling.

I apologize for not commenting on hockey enough to meet your qualifications to comment on other topics, but when I saw someone posting potentially harmful misinformation in the COVID thread I felt the need to remind the board of scientific consensus. I hope you find that a valuable contribution, and not something that should be "given a rest." That same behavior has continued into this politics thread, so I've followed it here. It's not a matter of what a person "believes," it's Humperdink's inability to argue in good faith (you can simply reference our exchanges today, perfect example). I would love to see some examples of my "attacks," albeit the religion one was a low blow. As I've asked repeatedly, if he were to argue in good faith and be constructive with his posts, instead of simply trolling (and I've even provided him examples of how to do so with links to notable conservative/center outlets), I would have no problem with his posting. But as he has stubbornly continued to troll, I have stubbornly refused to let him troll without qualification. We both have every right to speak our minds, as do you. It's also important to note that I've responded to nearly all of Daniel's political posts as well as Jim's, so there is no favoritism being shown here, I assure you.

I'm not sure why all of this would alarm you, but if you care to explain yourself, I'll happy further explain myself. If you believe I'm wrong, please show me why.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Sigwolf on Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:17 pm

Again, seek help.
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby theblackarts on Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:31 pm

Sigwolf wrote:Again, seek help.

I will consider your comment with exactly as much thought as you gave this exchange. Have a great weekend.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Sigwolf on Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:49 pm

theblackarts wrote:

I will consider your comment with exactly as much thought as you gave this exchange. Have a great weekend.

And please, by all means, continue to respond to one poster you acknowledge has admitted to trolling you with the same smug, righteous attitude. Your single-minded attacks on his every post very much support your views and will completely convince everyone and protect the poor uneducated masses from being fooled by his "misinformation". He is totally the one coming off as the "sociopath" here.

Or, perhaps you could look in the mirror and just. back. off.
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Daniel on Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:29 pm

Sigwolf wrote:
theblackarts wrote:

And please, by all means, continue to respond to one poster you acknowledge has admitted to trolling you with the same smug, righteous attitude. Your single-minded attacks on his every post very much support your views and will completely convince everyone and protect the poor uneducated masses from being fooled by his "misinformation". He is totally the one coming off as the "sociopath" here.

You’ve read this thread, is his response really a surprise? Humperdink will continue to troll, which has actually become a parody at this point, and he’ll continue to reply and get ignored.
Daniel
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Sigwolf on Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:33 pm

Daniel wrote:
Sigwolf wrote:
theblackarts wrote:

You’ve read this thread, is his response really a surprise? Humperdink will continue to troll, which has actually become a parody at this point, and he’ll continue to reply and get ignored.

Oh, I know. It just comes to a point where it becomes painful to witness. I'm done with it now. I just wanted to point out the hypocrisy.
Sigwolf
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Daniel on Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:38 pm

Sigwolf wrote:
Daniel wrote:
Sigwolf wrote:
theblackarts wrote:

Oh, I know. It just comes to a point where it becomes painful to witness. I'm done with it now. I just wanted to point out the hypocrisy.

I get it and am there also but still read the thread because Humperdink is hilarious as is the obsession with his posts. Rather discuss hockey, but here we are.
Daniel
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby theblackarts on Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:57 pm

Sigwolf wrote:
theblackarts wrote:

Well Sigwolf, I was far less smug initially, and offered him opportunity after opportunity to come clean and be a good actor, but no dice. If I posted a bunch of misleading information and someone were to correctly call me out, I would happily apologize, and have done so in a convo with Daniel a while back. No such luck with Hump. Again, this isn’t about views; I would love a civil debate with a conservative. If you read Hump’s posts, he’s not even trying to be constructive, and freely admits as much.

So, my current approach is a mix of mockery and fact-checking, with an occasional olive branch thrown in when I think he might be willing to admit that honest arguments benefit everyone. Is it the best use of my time? Probably not, but there isn’t a lot of hockey to watch right now, so I’ve got some to spare.

I’m curious as to why you defend him though... I have to assume you agree with his posts. Regardless of which way you come down on the issues, surely you agree that he’s not representing his cause with much integrity. You say that I am attacking, but I can’t say that asking him to be reasonable sounds like an attack. What word would you use to describe his posts, out of curiosity?

I think by holding his hand in explaining how to start a non-confrontational political conversation based on apparently unbiased writing, I’ve done more than enough due diligence to be smug when he continues to troll.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Humperdink on Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:50 pm

theblackarts wrote: I think by holding his hand in explaining how to start a non-confrontational political conversation based on apparently unbiased writing ......

You cannot engage in a "non-confrontational" political conversation by name-calling, ridicule, and condescension. Which is why I have ignored pretty much all of your responses. To wit: "I think by holding his hand ......" Classy, eh?

I enjoy a spirited political debate. In fact, I relish it. But I will not engage a person with your style and methods.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to NHR