Politics... have at it!!!

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Politics... have at it!!!

Postby Jim on Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:54 am

Bike lanes... am I right? Or left?
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Politics... have at it!!!

Postby Humperdink on Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:48 pm

Allow me to take the first bite of the political apple:

Pandemic /noun/: A disease prevalent over a whole country or the world.

Dempanic /noun/ : A situation where a political party utilizes a disease to spread mass hysteria over an entire country, resulting in the subjugation of it's people.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Daniel on Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:05 pm

Jim wrote:Bike lanes... am I right? Or left?

Daniel
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby DelPen on Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:48 pm

Should I post something about the Penguins here? Is that how things work where we post topics that have nothing to do with the forum?
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Humperdink on Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:19 am

I am so glad our governor, Tom Wolf (D-Fraud), was able to lead a protest in Harrisburg. Marching side-by-side with protesters, risking his health and the health of the others, revealed incredible courage. Social distancing is so yesterday.

Edit to add: Although I did not see it, the governor could have temporarily designated the protest route as "full green".
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Humperdink on Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:44 pm

Daniel Henniger writes: "It is evident from the coverage that most of the demonstrators were born after 1990. By then, the Great Society programs had been in place for 25 years, and now it is 55 years. Annual budget appropriations totaling multiple trillions of dollars on Medicaid, food stamps, welfare, public housing, rent subsidies and federal aid to public schools have produced . . . what?

Since the 1960s, essentially little has changed in the neighborhoods at the center of those long-ago urban riots. By current telling, they are about as poor, as crime-ridden, as under-educated and in poor health as they were when LBJ said he would change them. That means five decades of stasis and stagnation in America’s most marginalized places, virtually all of it under Democratic—now “progressive”—political control.

The failure of the liberal model is by now so embarrassing that the current owners of that model have created an alternative universe of explanations, such as blaming it on American settlers in the early 17th century or the nonexistence of “justice.”

This is worse than 1968, because the political system is now engaged in a systemic act of forgetting."

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/ ... d-slam.php
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Humperdink on Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:05 pm

Headline of the day: "Whitmer Joins Protests, Ignoring Social Distancing Guidelines, Surrounded by People Without Masks"

That would be Governor Whitmer of Michigan. Anyone still think these Covid lock downs are not about politics?
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Humperdink on Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:28 am

“Many people–out of a respect for social distancing–missed a parent’s dying hours,” author J.D. Vance wrote. “If you think experiencing that–while watching mass gatherings praised by the same scolds who prevented you from seeing family–doesn’t erode trust in authorities, you’re actually an idiot.”
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Michael Scott on Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:02 am

Humperdink wrote:Headline of the day: "Whitmer Joins Protests, Ignoring Social Distancing Guidelines, Surrounded by People Without Masks"

That would be Governor Whitmer of Michigan. Anyone still think these Covid lock downs are not about politics?

The lockdown and other restrictions were based on science and consensus of medical experts that such measures were necessary to prevent a surge in cases and overwhelming of hospitals. What is political is everyone now has to go out of their way to say "hey look at how non-racist and woke I am" even if it means endangering themselves or others.
Michael Scott
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Humperdink on Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:21 am

Michael Scott wrote:
Humperdink wrote:Headline of the day: "Whitmer Joins Protests, Ignoring Social Distancing Guidelines, Surrounded by People Without Masks"

The lockdown and other restrictions were based on science ...

No, it was based on computer models.

I will believe how much of a crisis Covid is when the governmental leaders telling us it is crisis start behaving as though it is crisis. How many examples do you want beyond the aforementioned governors ignoring their own protocols (read: Executive Orders)? Mayor Garcetti on his knees getting hands laid on him by maskless protesters. Mayor Frey (Minneapolis) walking through a crowd in shame without the proper social distancing. Or the posting by the Contra County (California) government "Social outdoor gatherings limited to 12 people, protesters limited to 100 people".

Covid is so yesterday. It's racism today.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Humperdink on Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:24 am

Headline from CNBC: "Asymptomatic spread of coronavirus is ‘very rare,’ WHO says" Really? Where was WHO three months ago?

You have to admit, WHO is at the top of their game. Where would we be without experts?
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby theblackarts on Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:34 pm

Humperdink wrote:Headline from CNBC: "Asymptomatic spread of coronavirus is ‘very rare,’ WHO says" Really? Where was WHO three months ago?

You have to admit, WHO is at the top of their game. Where would we be without experts?

I read the headline this morning and knew you wouldn't be able to help yourself. It's too bad you don't read articles, WHO guidelines that were published immediately before that statement, or followup clarification. Normally I would say I'll wait here while you read up and apologize, but I know you won't, so maybe just chill on the outrage for a bit instead of spreading misinformation and making Jim angry.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Humperdink on Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:52 pm

theblackarts wrote:
Humperdink wrote:Headline from CNBC: "Asymptomatic spread of coronavirus is ‘very rare,’ WHO says" Really? Where was WHO three months ago?

I read the headline this morning and knew you wouldn't be able to help yourself. It's too bad you don't read articles, WHO guidelines that were published immediately before that statement, or followup clarification. Normally I would say I'll wait here while you read up and apologize, but I know you won't, so maybe just chill on the outrage for a bit instead of spreading misinformation and making Jim angry.

Normally I would try to dissect your statement and respond, but good grief it's a puddle of mush.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Humperdink on Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:50 am

"Maria Van Kerkhove, WHO's technical lead for coronavirus response and head of its emerging diseases and zoonoses unit, said during a media briefing in Geneva on Monday that "it still seems to be rare that an asymptomatic person actually transmits onward to a secondary individual."

"But then on Tuesday, during the live Q&A, she clarified "this is a major unknown." (CNN)

Clarified? WHO's a joke.

WHO's on first? What's on second? I don't know's on third. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZksQd2fC6Y (Classic Abbott and Costello 2 minute video)
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby no name on Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:14 am

They have hand signals for turning left or right, or you can just give the middle finger is someone cuts you off.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Humperdink on Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:24 am

no name wrote:

They have hand signals for turning left or right, or you can just give the middle finger is someone cuts you off.

Be a moderate. One foot on the boat, one foot on the dock. Sooner or later you will be wet.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby no name on Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:42 am

DelPen wrote:Should I post something about the Penguins here? Is that how things work where we post topics that have nothing to do with the forum?

:face:

too funny! :lol:
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Southern Fan on Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:48 am

The Michigan Canvassing Board finally approved the wording of the recall petition for the governor, and, I am assuming , the attorney general. 25% of the election votes must sign the recall petition, which would be a little over 1 million people. The petition has 60 days before expiration.

Any guess on the number of days to get to a million? I say ten. Betting they get over 2 million signatures.
Southern Fan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby theblackarts on Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:26 am

Humperdink wrote:
theblackarts wrote:

Normally I would try to dissect your statement and respond, but good grief it's a puddle of mush.

Is it a puddle of mush? This is what, fourth grade reading level? I'll use smaller words next time. Or maybe pictures.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Humperdink on Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:29 am

Trump: "Defund WHO".

Lefties: "Defund the police".

I'm all in on both. Regarding the police, we could begin with the cities of New York, LA, Chicago, Detroit and Baltimore. Have the existing police force quietly retire and create a Social Justice Rapid Reaction Force made off of the various aggrieved parties (too many to list). A sort of Petri dish for the left's utopia.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby theblackarts on Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:35 am

Humperdink wrote:"Maria Van Kerkhove, WHO's technical lead for coronavirus response and head of its emerging diseases and zoonoses unit, said during a media briefing in Geneva on Monday that "it still seems to be rare that an asymptomatic person actually transmits onward to a secondary individual."

"But then on Tuesday, during the live Q&A, she clarified "this is a major unknown." (CNN)

Clarified? WHO's a joke.

WHO's on first? What's on second? I don't know's on third. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZksQd2fC6Y (Classic Abbott and Costello 2 minute video)

Have you ever considered that you might be caught up in the liberal media outrage machine? Or is that only liberals? Surely you couldn't be guilty of the same thing you like to accuse everyone else of doing.

I'll just repeat myself because you didn't get it the first time: if you read the material that the WHO puts out, there is no conflict between what Van Kerkhove said and what they've been recommending. Asymptomatic and presymptomatic are different, but you wouldn't know that, because you don't like to read.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby theblackarts on Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:37 am

Humperdink wrote:Trump: "Defund WHO".

I'm all in on both. Regarding the police, we could begin with the cities of New York, LA, Chicago, Detroit and Baltimore. Have the existing police force quietly retire and create a Social Justice Rapid Reaction Force made off of the various aggrieved parties (too many to list). A sort of Petri dish for the left's utopia.

Have you ever looked into cities that have already remodeled their police force? Of course you haven't.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Jim on Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:41 am

According to the WHO rep that was in Harrisburg on PCN yesterday over 40% of the population has been infected by COVID-19 and the vast majority simply show little to no symptoms.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Humperdink on Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:44 am

theblackarts wrote:

Have you ever looked into cities that have already remodeled their police force? Of course you haven't.

Witty response!

Any of the aforementioned cities on your list? You know the cities that have been run by lefties for decades. And when I say run, I mean from top to bottom, including the DA's office and the police depts. They have had numerous opportunities to remodel *cough*, but chose not to. Or have you not realized that?

Edit to add: I am fairly certain Chicago has had to remodel their morgue. 242 killed year to date.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby theblackarts on Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:52 am

Humperdink wrote:
theblackarts wrote:

Witty response!

Any of the aforementioned cities on your list? You know the cities that have been run by lefties for decades. And when I say run, I mean from top to bottom, including the DA's office and the police depts. They have had numerous opportunities to remodel *cough*, but chose not to. Or have you not realized that?

Edit to add: I am fairly certain Chicago has had to remodel their morgue. 242 killed year to date.

What does the state of policing in democratically governed cities have to do with idea that policing needs reform in 2020, or the state of policing in cities that have rethought their policing? That's not what you're talking about, haha, remember? You raised the subject, don't move the goal posts.
theblackarts
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Next

Return to NHR