Keurig K Cups

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Keurig K Cups

Postby PghSkins on Fri May 02, 2014 10:41 am

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Those of you that use the filter - do you grind your own bean? I'm thinking the pre-ground bean is made for coffee makers with longer brewing cycles.

We have a Keurig at work, and I've used pre-ground coffee in it...and it tastes weak and plasticky. I like my coffee strong, so perhaps I need to brew two small cups instead of one large cup?

I grind my own with this. You have to fiddle with the grind to get it to where you like it. I use the largest cup but you could probably do two smaller ones to make it stronger.

My experience is that fresh ground is always better than preground.

Also, you can't fill the my k cup too much or it hoses up the pressure. You don't get a full cup and the machine thinks you need to descale.

http://www.amazon.com/Hario-Coffee-Mill-Slim-Grinder/dp/B001804CLY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1399045229&sr=8-2&keywords=hario+grinder
PghSkins
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Digitalgypsy66 on Fri May 02, 2014 1:09 pm

That's a nice mill. I have a Krups electric mill that's really loud, especially at night when I make coffee for the next morning.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby RJW76 on Mon May 05, 2014 6:46 am

Pavel Bure wrote:Still think this is one if the dumbest things a person can do. Just light money on fire.

False.
RJW76
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to NHR