Movie

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Movie

Postby canaan on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:38 pm

I don't get why people hate on Affleck (lolomggigli)

daredevil sucked...but nobody was gonna make that a worthwhile character. It was unwinnable.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby the wicked child on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:40 pm

I don't hate Affleck... I just have trouble picturing him as Batman. Then again, I hate the idea of Superman and Batman sharing a movie in the first place.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Froggy on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:41 pm

In the last decade, affleck has actually gotten pretty good as both an actor and film maker
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Froggy on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:41 pm

the wicked child wrote:I don't hate Affleck... I just have trouble picturing him as Batman. Then again, I hate the idea of Superman and Batman sharing a movie in the first place.

Picture him as Bruce Wayne. It works
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby canaan on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:45 pm

Exactly..i like the idea of casting Wayne, the high society boy, and not the typecast gravely dark knight.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby nocera on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:56 pm

I'm all for Affleck.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby shafnutz05 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:58 pm

Yup. I think that most of the immediate criticism of Affleck comes from the Nolan Batman movies, as well as the Affleck name.
shafnutz05
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby nocera on Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:59 pm

shafnutz05 wrote:Yup. I think that most of the immediate criticism of Affleck comes from the Nolan Batman movies, as well as the Affleck name.

But Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby CERV96 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:16 pm

nocera wrote:
shafnutz05 wrote:Yup. I think that most of the immediate criticism of Affleck comes from the Nolan Batman movies, as well as the Affleck name.

And now! We q the music!

My thoughts on Affleck. Remember Superman is the primary character here so you are probably going to get 95% Batman here and about 5% Bruce Wayne. Almost anyone can play the superhero it the alter ego that is critical. Everyone is also spoiled on Bale as well those are some big shoes to follow up on but my guess is like I said 95% Batman 5% Wayne.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby FreeCandy44 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:22 pm

nocera wrote:

FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:22 pm

CERV96 wrote:
nocera wrote:

And now! We q the music!

My thoughts on Affleck. Remember Superman is the primary character here so you are probably going to get 95% Batman here and about 5% Bruce Wayne. Almost anyone can play the superhero it the alter ego that is critical. Everyone is also spoiled on Bale as well those are some big shoes to follow up on but my guess is like I said 95% Batman 5% Wayne.

Bale was always my least favorite part of the Dark Knight trilogy. Well, except for Katie Holmes in Begins. I hated the Bat voice and his Bruce Wayne didn't do much for me either. Not to say I hated him, he just stood out to me as "okay" in otherwise fantastic movies.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:25 pm

So your saying Val Kilmer and George Clooney were better Batman's than Christian Bale?

God...
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:27 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:So your saying Val Kilmer and George Clooney were better Batman's than Christian Bale?

God...

Huh? I didn't say anything remotely resembling that.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby FreeCandy44 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:30 pm

Ehh when I think trilogy I think of the original Batman movies (Keaton etc) so I thought you were saying those Batman's were better than the current Batman. Well that and I have been drinking.
FreeCandy44
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby nocera on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:33 pm

FreeCandy44 wrote:Ehh when I think trilogy I think of the original Batman movies (Keaton etc) so I thought you were saying those Batman's were better than the current Batman. Well that and I have been drinking.

But there were four of those...

How much have you had to drink? :pop:

I split them in twos. Burton then Schumacher. And just for fun, Keaton is my favorite Batman/Bruce Wayne. Followed by Bale, then Clooney, then Kilmer.

I actually think Clooney could work as the older Dark Knight Returns Bruce/Batman.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby blackjack68 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:36 pm

Wow, you put Clooney over Kilmer? Clooney was awful in my opinion.
blackjack68
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby nocera on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:38 pm

blackjack68 wrote:Wow, you put Clooney over Kilmer? Clooney was awful in my opinion.

I blame the script, not Clooney. Clooney is awesome.

Plus, both of those movies sucked. Clooney at least had charisma. Kilmer was dead inside.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby CERV96 on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:54 pm

What? No love for?

CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby ajh2298 on Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:16 am

What's next? Taking the Human Torch and casting him as Captain America?
ajh2298
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Letang Is The Truth on Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:02 am

Froggy wrote:In the last decade, affleck has actually gotten pretty good as both an actor and film maker

:thumb: :thumb:
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby eddysnake on Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:36 am

solid pick for Batman, from a comic stand point, he really fits Bruce Wayne perfectly, but I'm having a tough time picturing him in the cowl.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Dickie Dunn on Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:32 am

I'm very happy with Affleck being the next Batman. He's matured into a very good actor, he has the height of the comic book Batman (first Batman since Adam West to be taller than 6'), has the frame to pack on some more muscle before filming, can play the playboy, can play rough and grizzled. He's come a long way since Daredevil and has become one of the most respected names in Hollywood. The internet is just angry that one of their random obscure (or relatively obscure) nerd crushes was beaten out by a legitimate star.

eddysnake wrote:solid pick for Batman, from a comic stand point, he really fits Bruce Wayne perfectly, but I'm having a tough time picturing him in the cowl.

I looked at some pictures from Daredevil to see how Affleck looked in that cowl and it looked like crap. He has a good chin and strong jawline, the costume designers need to make sure to accentuate those features. The Daredevil cowl made his face look fat.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby meecrofilm on Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:42 am

I don't usually watch documentaries, but this one is apparently a must-see...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2375605/?ref_=sr_1

"A documentary that challenges former Indonesian death squad leaders to reenact their real-life mass-killings in whichever cinematic genres they wish, including classic Hollywood crime scenarios and lavish musical numbers."
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby eddysnake on Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:01 am

Dickie Dunn wrote:I'm very happy with Affleck being the next Batman. He's matured into a very good actor, he has the height of the comic book Batman (first Batman since Adam West to be taller than 6'), has the frame to pack on some more muscle before filming, can play the playboy, can play rough and grizzled. He's come a long way since Daredevil and has become one of the most respected names in Hollywood. The internet is just angry that one of their random obscure (or relatively obscure) nerd crushes was beaten out by a legitimate star.

eddysnake wrote:solid pick for Batman, from a comic stand point, he really fits Bruce Wayne perfectly, but I'm having a tough time picturing him in the cowl.

I looked at some pictures from Daredevil to see how Affleck looked in that cowl and it looked like crap. He has a good chin and strong jawline, the costume designers need to make sure to accentuate those features. The Daredevil cowl made his face look fat.

I'm not worried about his acting one bit, everyone complaining about that is unfairly hung up on a few bad movies. He's certainly proven himself capable in recent years. Says he's 6'4" and his build is perfect for the more comic world take of superman (people need to let Nolans universe go). They way superhero movies are made anymore, they'll probably have bats without his mask half the movie anyway, studios want us to see their pretty faces. I'm excited and can't wait to see how it plays out. I really like the batman/amour from the arkham origins game and could see that style working for him.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Idoit40fans on Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:15 am

I have no problem with him as Batman. If its making people flip out, its awesome.
Idoit40fans
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

PreviousNext

Return to NHR