Official GDT: Pens @ Kraken 12/6/21

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Re: Official GDT: Pens @ Kraken 12/6/21

Postby murphydump55 on Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:08 am

DelPen wrote:
BurghThing wrote:Remind me what ZAR does again

Kills penalties? And that’s one thing more than Zucker or Kapanen do.

Don’t blame the players for that. Kapanen killed penalties before coming to Pittsburgh and it’s the one thing I said he should be doing. I’m sure Zucker is capable as well. It’s not hard to do.
murphydump55
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Postby offsides on Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:52 pm

Pens4Life wrote:People still would trade Jake?? Looney tunes, really!
But cant believe how good ERod looks this season, efficient, composed, skilled, just different player.. Happy for the guy

I'll agree with this. :thumb:
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Antonio on Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:14 pm

I think people are misunderstanding those who advocate moving jake. I don't think anyone wants to move him, but I think the argument is that if you go into a rebuild and strip away the talent to get future talent, he is one of the most valuable pieces you have and I believe the argument is that he is unlikely to thrive on his own in a system that doesn't have high powered talent around him. Given how little he can probably drive on his own on a terrible team and the value he will probably bring, there is a strong argument for moving him in a massive rebuild.
Antonio
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby FLPensFan on Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:37 pm

Antonio wrote:I think people are misunderstanding those who advocate moving jake. I don't think anyone wants to move him, but I think the argument is that if you go into a rebuild and strip away the talent to get future talent, he is one of the most valuable pieces you have and I believe the argument is that he is unlikely to thrive on his own in a system that doesn't have high powered talent around him. Given how little he can probably drive on his own on a terrible team and the value he will probably bring, there is a strong argument for moving him in a massive rebuild.

:thumb:
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby murphydump55 on Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:46 pm

Antonio wrote:I think people are misunderstanding those who advocate moving jake. I don't think anyone wants to move him, but I think the argument is that if you go into a rebuild and strip away the talent to get future talent, he is one of the most valuable pieces you have and I believe the argument is that he is unlikely to thrive on his own in a system that doesn't have high powered talent around him. Given how little he can probably drive on his own on a terrible team and the value he will probably bring, there is a strong argument for moving him in a massive rebuild.

Many were wanting to move Jake solely because of his playoff showing last playoffs. If you’re moving him for other reasons, maybe. But those freaking out and wanting him traded because of 6 games is ridiculous.
murphydump55
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Postby offsides on Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:23 pm

I will support the Pens no matter who is on it and how good or bad they are and I have being doing so since the late 70's. I have been through some really rough times and some really great times. I just am very glad I don't have to make the decisions on players and coaches because as we all know not all trades, draft picks, firings and hirings work out well. Deciding when and how fast to rebuild, with what players and who should coach it is far above my pay grade.
offsides
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Sigwolf on Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:29 am

murphydump55 wrote:

Many were wanting to move Jake solely because of his playoff showing last playoffs. If you’re moving him for other reasons, maybe. But those freaking out and wanting him traded because of 6 games is ridiculous.

The only one continuing to keep that narrative alive is you... over and over and over again.
Sigwolf
AHL'er
AHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins