Penguins development camp updates

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Re: Penguins development camp updates

Postby Posterboy on Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:58 pm

Puustinen signed an ELC and is slated for WBS correct?
Posterboy
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby FLPensFan on Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:19 pm

Posterboy wrote:Puustinen signed an ELC and is slated for WBS correct?

Correct. He has a 2 year ELC because he signed at age 22. I would not expect him to play in the NHL this season, but his skill level alone (so far) might see him get a callup next season. That would be my estimate for now.
FLPensFan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby BigMcK on Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:12 pm

"Sam Poulin, the only first-round pick on the rink -- an astonishing anomaly in itself."

The cost of Stanley Cup back-to-back Championship's does come at a steep price.

A new day opens a new chapter.
BigMcK
AHL'er
AHL'er

Location: Drawing 1 line in the sand, followed by another, and another, and another. TIC TAC TOE

Postby Stillerz Bar on Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:01 pm

BigMcK wrote:The cost of Stanley Cup back-to-back Championship's does come at a steep price.

True but winning the cup is really what the goal is and back to back .... well only the Pens have accomplished that in recent history.

None of us were satisfied with getting to the playoffs and not winning the cup again after Sid & Geno's first cup... even getting to the conference finals wasn't enough (though to be fair the series against Boston was just terrible).

We all hope there's another run left but even if there's not, I'm OK with the idea that we mortgaged our future to get those two Stanley Cups. Many, many others team's fans would love to have had that option.
Stillerz Bar
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby no name on Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:42 am

Stillerz Bar wrote:
BigMcK wrote:The cost of Stanley Cup back-to-back Championship's does come at a steep price.

True but winning the cup is really what the goal is and back to back .... well only the Pens have accomplished that in recent history.

None of us were satisfied with getting to the playoffs and not winning the cup again after Sid & Geno's first cup... even getting to the conference finals wasn't enough (though to be fair the series against Boston was just terrible).

We all hope there's another run left but even if there's not, I'm OK with the idea that we mortgaged our future to get those two Stanley Cups. Many, many others team's fans would love to have had that option.

Gotta agree with this, the back to back came at a price but the reward was well worth it. I can image what it is like for other teams having great players and your management doesn't even try to help you win the cup. Even worse is the ones who do make the big moves and it doesn't pay off. Now it just seems like the Cups with this team are behind us but with Geno and Sid you still got to try to get back. once Sid and Geno are gone, then the full blown rebuild will start. As for now, get what you can for the future so we can turn things around, glad to have Hexatall who has a good track recond at drafting. It will take a while and a few losing season to compile a stable fo young players.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby ville5 on Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:01 am

Penguins forward prospect Lukas Svejkovsky is off to a hot start in the WHL with the Medicine Hat Tigers.

Svejkovsky, the Penguins' fourth-round pick in 2020 scored six goals and one assist in his first three games of the season.

https://www.dkpittsburghsports.com/2021 ... season-tlh
ville5
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby LimerickPensFan on Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:23 am

Stillerz Bar wrote:

Unfortunately, Tampa has won back-to-back in the last two years. I don't believe it should count the same, since neither year was a full season, but they did win two in a row.
LimerickPensFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jim on Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:16 pm

LimerickPensFan wrote:
Stillerz Bar wrote:

Unfortunately, Tampa has won back-to-back in the last two years. I don't believe it should count the same, since neither year was a full season, but they did win two in a row.

:pop:
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Zarovich on Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:47 pm

Jim wrote:
LimerickPensFan wrote:
Stillerz Bar wrote:

:pop:

Three in a row then since the first two were easy :scared:
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins