Bittersweet ending

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Bittersweet ending

Postby Pensfan4life8771 on Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:53 am

So I have done the charity gift bag $250 bag with the Pens for the past six seasons.

My wife and I agreed that this year would be my last as we kind of have run out of room to put the gazillion bobbleheads and I have been lucky enough to get a Crosby Jersey and a Malkin signed puck.

So this morning I received my last bag and when I opened it up I was in shock to say the least. I was lucky enough to get my favorite player jersey signed (Malkin) and a Bryan Rust puck. I will have to say this being the last one it is def a good way to go out and also bittersweet as I love the cause and have used most of the items I have gotten over the years.

Seeing how I have been working from home this week though it is a nice moment to forget about everything else going on in the world.

I hope everyone is staying safe and if you bought a bag may good things come to you!
Pensfan4life8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Bittersweet ending

Postby ejd43 on Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:12 am

Awesome! Congrats! With everything that is happening right now little stories like this help take my mind off it. As luck would have it, you get to go out with a bang! Also if you need to get rid of some of those bobble heads, I will gladly adopt some.

Go pens!
ejd43
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby LimerickPensFan on Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:32 am

Wow, lucky. Sounds like me last year. My wife splurged for the gold bag. First thing I see under the beach towel was a signed Lemieux jersey. After I got done doing the happy dance and picked up the jersey, right under it was a signed Crosby puck.

I got a signed Fleury jersey a couple years before that..
LimerickPensFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Pensfan4life8771 on Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:45 am

Yeah. The bag always falls around my bday so it is always the main birthday gift for me.

I'm ok not doing it anymore going forward as our life transitions into hoping for kids and the office will be over taken. It is an awesome cause though and I will always support it. I have gotten some people i play hockey with here in Houston to jump on it as well.
Pensfan4life8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Jim on Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:21 pm

Or... you co yo old keep getting them but just have them delivered to me so that the stuff doesn't clutter your house.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Antonio on Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:40 pm

My bag scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Got a Crosby puck first year and Riikola last year. No jersey yet.
Antonio
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Antonio on Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:52 pm

man, 0/3 on jerseys. MM puck this year. Not a bad assortment of stuff in the bag this year. Lot more useful stuff I think.
Antonio
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Pitts on Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:01 pm

Antonio wrote:man, 0/3 on jerseys. MM puck this year. Not a bad assortment of stuff in the bag this year. Lot more useful stuff I think.

Mark Madden???
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby LimerickPensFan on Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:39 pm

Pitts wrote:
Antonio wrote:man, 0/3 on jerseys. MM puck this year. Not a bad assortment of stuff in the bag this year. Lot more useful stuff I think.

Mark Madden???

Mike Munchak
LimerickPensFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins