Official GDT: Pens vs Habs 2/14/20

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Re: Official GDT: Pens vs Habs 2/14/20

Postby Antonio on Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:33 pm

Jarry been rocking it this year. Pity he won't get any vezina consideration.
Antonio
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby murphydump55 on Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:41 pm

Antonio wrote:Jarry been rocking it this year. Pity he won't get any vezina consideration.

That was probably his best of the new year. He hasn’t really been good in his last 10 (new year), numbers prove it.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Postby Antonio on Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:54 pm

Hell, still top SP in the league and 2nd best GAA i think even at this point. After like 29 games that's nothing to sneeze at.
Antonio
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DelPen on Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:01 pm

Chad played 17:59. 16:37 of that was after that penalty kill we couldn’t clear the zone and iced it.
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby murphydump55 on Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:16 pm

Antonio wrote:Hell, still top SP in the league and 2nd best GAA i think even at this point. After like 29 games that's nothing to sneeze at.

Agreed, he just wasn’t as sharp in the new year. Last two starts he’s looked much sharper.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Postby Pitts on Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:36 am

Pens4Life wrote:
DelPen wrote:Am I alone thinking Blandisi would be a better choice than Agizzino and Angello to be playing?

Yep, its an odd decision by HCMS.

Does it really matter? They are all the same damn player.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Pens4Life on Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:33 am

Pitts wrote:
Pens4Life wrote:
DelPen wrote:Am I alone thinking Blandisi would be a better choice than Agizzino and Angello to be playing?

they are close yeah,but I would give an edge to Joseph.. its same on D, Riikola vs Ruhwedel,we would rather see Riikola playing more, Sully thinks othewise :)
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Southern Fan on Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:32 am

murphydump55 wrote:
Antonio wrote:Hell, still top SP in the league and 2nd best GAA i think even at this point. After like 29 games that's nothing to sneeze at.

Agreed, he just wasn’t as sharp in the new year. Last two starts he’s looked much sharper.

With playing ever other day until the playoffs, it’s good to have two guys that can play ever other game and stay fresh, but not get stale sitting on the bench. Beats having a goalie play 65+ games and being fatigued.

Plus, you never know about injuries.
Southern Fan
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby longtimefan on Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:15 pm

Pens4Life wrote:
Pitts wrote:
Pens4Life wrote:

they are close yeah,but I would give an edge to Joseph.. its same on D, Riikola vs Ruhwedel,we would rather see Riikola playing more, Sully thinks othewise :)

They like Agozzino better as a center. They didn't like Lafferty there, and I think they see Blandisi and Angello as wingers. That's why it's critical that either Bjugstad comes back, or they bring in another center. They've got the wingers to roll four lines. I am mystified by Riikola's situation. The puzzling move was playing Chad on the left side. I think there's more to it, but I have no idea what.
longtimefan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pens_CT on Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:48 pm

longtimefan wrote:
Pens4Life wrote:
Pitts wrote:
Pens4Life wrote:

They like Agozzino better as a center. They didn't like Lafferty there, and I think they see Blandisi and Angello as wingers. That's why it's critical that either Bjugstad comes back, or they bring in another center. They've got the wingers to roll four lines. I am mystified by Riikola's situation. The puzzling move was playing Chad on the left side. I think there's more to it, but I have no idea what.

I think the easier route to go is to move McCann to Center and bring in another wing. I don’t think it’s easy to find a Center by trade at this point in the season.
pens_CT
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Pens4Life on Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:12 am

If they move McCann to 3C spot, then just play Kahun as Geno's winger. But I would also prefer Tanev to stay as 3rd liner, even if that means breaking that line up. BT deserves more than 4th line, based on what he showed. Unless Sully will play them 11-12min at least.

Zucker - Crosby - Simon/Hornquist
Kahun - Malkin - Rust
Simon - McCann - Tanev
ZAR - Blueger - Bjugstad
X - Lafferty
Pens4Life
AHL'er
AHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins