Phil Bourque travels to Czech Republic to Jaromir

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Re: Phil Bourque travels to Czech Republic to Jaromir

Postby pens_CT on Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:05 pm

Jagr NHL games played:1733

Pittsburgh: 806
New York:277
Washington:190
Florida: 181
Jersey: 139
Philadelphia: 73
Dallas:34
Calgary: 22
Boston:11

It's pretty obvious what NHL team should retire 68 to the rafters. For those in the fan base that are still butt hurt based on how he left, deal with it.
pens_CT
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby RentedMule66 on Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:05 pm

Antonio wrote:Comical. One of the greatest players EVER to play the game and he played the bulk of his career for us. He was one of the 3 greatest players ever to play for us and some fans want to pout like babies because he made decisions he felt were best for him? Not honoring him would show the franchise and fanbase in a negative amateur petty light, not him.

Well said... people are treating this like it was a personal relationship and their ex is trying to get back with them...lol
RentedMule66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby johnnews on Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:59 pm

Not only are 87, 71, 68, 58, & 29 going in the rafters, they are all going into the HOF
johnnews
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby LimerickPensFan on Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:31 pm

pens_CT wrote:Jagr NHL games played:1733

Pittsburgh: 806
New York:277
Washington:190
Florida: 181
Jersey: 139
Philadelphia: 73
Dallas:34
Calgary: 22
Boston:11

It's pretty obvious what NHL team should retire 68 to the rafters. For those in the fan base that are still butt hurt based on how he left, deal with it.

He scored more goals/points in Pittsburgh as well.

Goals/Assists/Points
Career: 766/1155/1921
In Pittsburgh: 439/640/1079
Elsewhere: 327/515/842
LimerickPensFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Hatrick on Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:51 pm

they were debating this on the radio this morning. What kind of reaction would he get if so etc. But what they said(I cant remember who the host was) is if Mario wants it, that should be all the fans need to hear, and I kind of do agree. Since I am younger I never really got to see him play as a pen(more remember him for being with rangers and the flyers, so for those reasons I understand why there is a ton of resistance to the idea) but he was an all time great player. I am fine with the idea although I would not be banging down the door to make it happen.
Hatrick
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Hatrick on Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:58 pm

Antonio wrote:Comical. One of the greatest players EVER to play the game and he played the bulk of his career for us. He was one of the 3 greatest players ever to play for us and some fans want to pout like babies because he made decisions he felt were best for him? Not honoring him would show the franchise and fanbase in a negative amateur petty light, not him.

technically the bulk of his career was technically everywhere else since he played for so many years. The bulk of his best years however were here. I think that is a key distinction in the argument. I think if he didn't come back to the NHL (and even though he played for other franchises, would have still have well over half his games in black and gold) there would be much more support for retiring his jersey. While some are still upset over how his tenure here ended, a lot of the issues is that he played with so many other teams (including the much debated going to flyers debacle)
Hatrick
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ville5 on Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:59 pm

Jim wrote:
RentedMule66 wrote:
Jim wrote:F Jagr

3rd greatest Pen of all time. He deserves the retired # and ceremony. There are so many strange comments about people getting their feelings hurt and the way he treated the fans. It's a business people ...lighten up. No one never knows the whole story and truths behind decisions and closed doors.

His last season here didn't chang my stance on him one iota. It's old school.

F Jagr.

Boohoo. This is about his play on the ice. Nothing else matters.
ville5
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Jim on Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:55 am

ville5 wrote:
Jim wrote:
RentedMule66 wrote:
Jim wrote:F Jagr

3rd greatest Pen of all time. He deserves the retired # and ceremony. There are so many strange comments about people getting their feelings hurt and the way he treated the fans. It's a business people ...lighten up. No one never knows the whole story and truths behind decisions and closed doors.

His last season here didn't chang my stance on him one iota. It's old school.

F Jagr.

Boohoo. This is about his play on the ice. Nothing else matters.

F Jagr
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Lesky on Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:04 am

Why do many Pens fans act like they were entitled for Jagr to return to the Penguins after booing and hating him for 10 years? From Jagrs point of view, if making an NHL comeback, would you go to a place that had treated you like that for 10 years? A place where you need to win over the fans and go through a shi*storm in the media? Or would you head somewhere where you just could play hockey?
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pens_CT on Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:26 am

Lesky wrote:Why do many Pens fans act like they were entitled for Jagr to return to the Penguins after booing and hating him for 10 years? From Jagrs point of view, if making an NHL comeback, would you go to a place that had treated you like that for 10 years? A place where you need to win over the fans and go through a shi*storm in the media? Or would you head somewhere where you just could play hockey?

I wouldn't say its many fans, however every fan base has its idiots, and they're the ones who are usually more vocal so it just seems like many.
pens_CT
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins