Penguins Infirmary Thread

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby FLPensFan on Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:35 pm

New Penguins goalie into the fold tonight on a PTO......Sebastian Caron...39 year old Caron.

Apparently Larmi became I'll last night and Tokarski still has yet to come back from injury.

3rd stint for Caron in WBS....he did something similar a few years ago.
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,318
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby Crashguy66 on Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:21 pm

Wonder what Moose Hedberg is up to.
Crashguy66
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,739
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby ville5 on Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:32 pm

FLPensFan wrote:New Penguins goalie into the fold tonight on a PTO......Sebastian Caron...39 year old Caron.

Apparently Larmi became I'll last night and Tokarski still has yet to come back from injury.

3rd stint for Caron in WBS....he did something similar a few years ago.

Last season he did same thing. I think he lives in that area.
ville5
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,339
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: getting body slammed by kelly kelly

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby penny lane on Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:41 am

Evgeni skating in a red jersey today.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,874
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Pingvin na vsyu zhizn

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby FLPensFan on Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:06 pm

penny lane wrote:Evgeni skating in a red jersey today.

He took red jersey off midway through and put on regular jersey, but did not take part in PP1 after changing jerseys. My guess is doesnt play against Philly, but plays next game.

Blandisi and Johnson were in gray jerseys....most likely heading back to WBS soon.

UPDATE: Malkin says he is targeting Saturday vs Edmonton for his return. Also says he got his US Citizenship, and is now dual US/Russian citizen.
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,318
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby Maestro on Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:53 pm

Congrats to Geno.

Spoiler:
He can now vote in 2 different Putin-rigged elections.
Maestro
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 4,288
Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:05 pm

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby stonewizard51 on Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:25 pm

At least he won't have to apply for a work visa which is nice.
stonewizard51
AHL'er
AHL'er
 
Posts: 3,290
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:26 pm

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby ville5 on Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:55 pm

Sullivan says everyone who has been out is a game time decision except for Malkin.
ville5
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,339
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: getting body slammed by kelly kelly

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby penny lane on Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:31 pm

Congrats to Yankee Doodle Dandy Evgeni!
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner
 
Posts: 34,874
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:29 pm
Location: Pingvin na vsyu zhizn

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby Hatrick on Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:16 am

FLPensFan wrote:
penny lane wrote:Evgeni skating in a red jersey today.

He took red jersey off midway through and put on regular jersey, but did not take part in PP1 after changing jerseys. My guess is doesnt play against Philly, but plays next game.

Blandisi and Johnson were in gray jerseys....most likely heading back to WBS soon.

UPDATE: Malkin says he is targeting Saturday vs Edmonton for his return. Also says he got his US Citizenship, and is now dual US/Russian citizen.

both have officially been sent back. That is cool that he is a dual citizen now, at least something exciting for him to focus on while injured
Hatrick
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 947
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:48 pm

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby FLPensFan on Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:34 am

Just saw on Twitter Kasper Bjorkqvist is out 6 months after knee surgery.
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,318
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby ville5 on Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:48 am

So, according to capfriendly, the Pens have $3.1 million in cap space with Evgeni back on the roster. Is this accurate?
ville5
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,339
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: getting body slammed by kelly kelly

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby Toke on Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:38 pm

Horny = IR
Toke
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:11 pm
Location: Fredon, New Jersey

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby murphydump55 on Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:40 pm

First time in over a year the team had been healthy. Now 72 is out. That was fun while it lasted.

Also, Lowry knocked Tuch out of the game with a headshot last night. Isn’t Reaves supposed to deter that? One day people will realize it doesn’t work.
murphydump55
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,193
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:06 pm
Location: the real hockeyville and apparently a janitor from Eastern Canada LOL

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby Pruezy11881 on Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:57 pm

murphydump55 wrote:First time in over a year the team had been healthy. Now 72 is out. That was fun while it lasted.

Also, Lowry knocked Tuch out of the game with a headshot last night. Isn’t Reaves supposed to deter that? One day people will realize it doesn’t work.

Him and Reeves checked knuckles on the very next faceoff for his accidental high hit.
Pruezy11881
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,220
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:09 am
Location: Erie, PA

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby Ericf on Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:58 pm

Well our healthy forward group lasted one game...that’s one game more than any Pens fan has a right to expect...
Ericf
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 490
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:32 pm

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby Owchar76 on Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:16 pm

Pruezy11881 wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:First time in over a year the team had been healthy. Now 72 is out. That was fun while it lasted.

Also, Lowry knocked Tuch out of the game with a headshot last night. Isn’t Reaves supposed to deter that? One day people will realize it doesn’t work.

Him and Reeves checked knuckles on the very next faceoff for his accidental high hit.


Oh, the typical fight the guy AFTER he injures our player.
Owchar76
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,262
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:03 pm

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby FLPensFan on Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:27 pm

Owchar76 wrote:
Pruezy11881 wrote:
murphydump55 wrote:First time in over a year the team had been healthy. Now 72 is out. That was fun while it lasted.

Also, Lowry knocked Tuch out of the game with a headshot last night. Isn’t Reaves supposed to deter that? One day people will realize it doesn’t work.

Him and Reeves checked knuckles on the very next faceoff for his accidental high hit.


Oh, the typical fight the guy AFTER he injures our player.

Lowry's post-game response after the fight was great. He said he had no problem going with Reaves after the hit, which he thought was clean but unfortunate he got injured. Lowry said he expected to go, but he had been struggling in the faceoff circle for awhile, so he's just glad Reaves let him win the draw.
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,318
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby FLPensFan on Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:29 pm

I'm very interested to see how the Penguins play without Hornqvist. He's had a good start to this year, but:

--he doesn't fit the system very well
--he doesn't fit with Geno very well
--he's getting up there in age
--he's expensive
--there's a good chance he may need to be moved this summer to afford other players.

I'd like to see how the team gets buy with Simon, Rust, Tanev, and Kahun down the right side. Those guys are all 3rd liners in terms of output, but they fit the system better, IMO.
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch
 
Posts: 14,318
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:30 pm
Location: South Florida

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby Ericf on Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:52 pm

FLPensFan wrote:I'm very interested to see how the Penguins play without Hornqvist. He's had a good start to this year, but:

--he doesn't fit the system very well
--he doesn't fit with Geno very well
--he's getting up there in age
--he's expensive
--there's a good chance he may need to be moved this summer to afford other players.

I'd like to see how the team gets buy with Simon, Rust, Tanev, and Kahun down the right side. Those guys are all 3rd liners in terms of output, but they fit the system better, IMO.


All good points but Horny still has a full NTC next year too and Seattle draft is not until 2021 either...after next season is the first time we’ll be able to move him or leave him exposed to Seattle
Ericf
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 490
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:32 pm

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby sjnhiils on Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:23 pm

murphydump55 wrote:First time in over a year the team had been healthy. Now 72 is out. That was fun while it lasted.

Also, Lowry knocked Tuch out of the game with a headshot last night. Isn’t Reaves supposed to deter that? One day people will realize it doesn’t work.

Are you going to work this narrative into every one of your posts now? Just because you feel one way doesn't mean others can't have a different opinion. Just how the hell have the VGK been so successful the last few years with Reaves taking a spot up on their roster?
sjnhiils
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 2,127
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:32 pm

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby Pensfan4life8771 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:07 am

Did anyone see what happen with Letang? They said he is out with a LBI postgame.
Pensfan4life8771
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 945
Joined: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:44 pm

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby Ericf on Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:47 am

Pensfan4life8771 wrote:Did anyone see what happen with Letang? They said he is out with a LBI postgame.


Not sure when or how it happens, but Pensburgh says early indications are a groin injury...
Ericf
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 490
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:32 pm

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby ville5 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:47 pm

Anyone else get hurt??? WBS Pens twitter has posted that Lafferty has been recalled.
nm, forgot HornQ.
ville5
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer
 
Posts: 8,339
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:17 pm
Location: getting body slammed by kelly kelly

Re: Penguins Infirmary Thread

Postby LimerickPensFan on Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:31 pm

ville5 wrote:Anyone else get hurt??? WBS Pens twitter has posted that Lafferty has been recalled.
nm, forgot HornQ.

Molinari reported the following.

Letang out tonight. Sullivan also stated he was "Not a probability" for Saturday.
Lafferty was skating as fourth defense pair with Ruhwedel in morning skate.
Marino moved up to first pair with Dumo.
Riikola skating on off-side with Johnson on third pair.

#1 power play: Schultz, Malkin, Crosby, Galchenyuk, Guentzel

Could be a fun night.
LimerickPensFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,025
Joined: Fri May 04, 2018 11:04 am
Location: Unfortunately, Philadelphia suburbs

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Antonio, BurghThing, Crash66, Ericf, itissteeltime, Liverlips, Pruezy11881, sjnhiils, SteelCityFan, stonewizard51 and 32 guests


e-mail