Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins 2017 Stanley Cup Champs Fan Gear and Collectibles

Pens Season Ticket Deliveries

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Pens Season Ticket Deliveries

Postby Stillerz Bar on Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:54 am

I still think one of the coolest things in all of sports is the Pens annual tradition of having players personally deliver season tickets to a couple dozen fans. It’s a total win / win as they players have fun doing it and the fans get a once in a lifetime experience. Seriously, I cannot understand why other sports teams haven’t picked up on this - it takes so little time and effort and the payback in fan support is hUGE!! As always the story is fun to read and the videos show priceless fan reactions.

https://www.nhl.com/penguins/news/pens- ... 50568153f8

This year was even better for me because one of my longtime friends got picked. He has been my “sports buddy” longer than anyone else - we watched all four of the 70s Steelers Super Bowl wins in his basement (playing basement hockey during halftime), went to Pirates & Pens games growing up and still e-mail about sports even though he lives 6 time zones away. He was even one of the ushers in our wedding.

Yesterday while reading this article linked form a Pens e-mail, I saw his name as someone who shares a package. The article wasn’t clear on whether he got to participate so I emailed him and quickly learned that yes, he did get to be there for the fun. Their tickets were delivered Monday afternoon by Matt Murray and from the sounds of things the experience was totally awesome and they all had a great time meeting him. He said his son was completely star stuck and admitted he was a little too. He said Matt was a really nice guy and the entire entourage made it a really fun experience. So happy that my buddy, his family & friends got to experience this.

All I can say at this point is…

Holy Stanley Cup Champ Goalie!!
Stillerz Bar
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 861
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:37 pm

Re: Pens Season Ticket Deliveries

Postby longtimefan on Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:20 am

I've been a fan since 1968. For whatever the reason, since Mario purchased the team, it's has been perhaps as fan friendly as any organization in sports. People complain about their "fake" sell out streak, which makes me chuckle. I can remember attending many games where the "announced" crowd was below 5,000. The team is very cognizant about their public image. About their history. When the team made the playoffs in Sid's second year, attendance took off. And the student rush was a huge part of it. Lines stretched around the arena. Max Talbot and Chris Thorburn surprised the students by delivering pizzas while they waited in line. Little things like that go a long way to building goodwill with the public. The Pens are first class in that respect.
longtimefan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,956
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:33 pm

Re: Pens Season Ticket Deliveries

Postby Jim on Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:12 pm

longtimefan wrote:I've been a fan since 1968. For whatever the reason, since Mario purchased the team, it's has been perhaps as fan friendly as any organization in sports...


As a long time season ticket holder (started in 98 or 99) who two years ago stopped getting season tickets... I can say that if the Pens are one of the best fan friendly teams... the other teams must literally kick fans in the knee when they come into their stadiums/arenas. Since the Crosby lottery win, the Pens haven't given a flying-frig about their fans.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,452
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Pens Season Ticket Deliveries

Postby johnnews on Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:42 pm

Jim wrote:
longtimefan wrote:I've been a fan since 1968. For whatever the reason, since Mario purchased the team, it's has been perhaps as fan friendly as any organization in sports...


As a long time season ticket holder (started in 98 or 99) who two years ago stopped getting season tickets... I can say that if the Pens are one of the best fan friendly teams... the other teams must literally kick fans in the knee when they come into their stadiums/arenas. Since the Crosby lottery win, the Pens haven't given a flying-frig about their fans.


Shocker, Jim has a negative opinion.

You're wrong, I deal with the Pens from afar quite often and have been treated great. They certainly care about their fans. Maybe I'm just easier to deal with than you are.
johnnews
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:44 am
Location: Downingtown, PA

Re: Pens Season Ticket Deliveries

Postby Jim on Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:52 pm

johnnews wrote:
Jim wrote:
longtimefan wrote:I've been a fan since 1968. For whatever the reason, since Mario purchased the team, it's has been perhaps as fan friendly as any organization in sports...


As a long time season ticket holder (started in 98 or 99) who two years ago stopped getting season tickets... I can say that if the Pens are one of the best fan friendly teams... the other teams must literally kick fans in the knee when they come into their stadiums/arenas. Since the Crosby lottery win, the Pens haven't given a flying-frig about their fans.


Shocker, Jim has a negative opinion.

You're wrong, I deal with the Pens from afar quite often and have been treated great. They certainly care about their fans. Maybe I'm just easier to deal with than you are.


I dealt with them from up close, for nearly two decades, and I am not wrong. Rarely am as you probably know. Many STHs, ex-STHs, would agree with me. (Abouht the Pens treating their fans poorly, not the I am usually right thing, even though I am). Handing out Pizza to fans in the student rush line is a publicity stunt, not treating your fans well.

Maybe you just have lower standards than I do.

The Caps are much better with their fans than the Pens are.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,452
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Pens Season Ticket Deliveries

Postby Stillerz Bar on Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:53 pm

Jim wrote:
longtimefan wrote:I've been a fan since 1968. For whatever the reason, since Mario purchased the team, it's has been perhaps as fan friendly as any organization in sports...


As a long time season ticket holder (started in 98 or 99) who two years ago stopped getting season tickets... I can say that if the Pens are one of the best fan friendly teams... the other teams must literally kick fans in the knee when they come into their stadiums/arenas. Since the Crosby lottery win, the Pens haven't given a flying-frig about their fans.

No sarcasm Jim - I'd really like to know why you think the Pens don't give "a flying-frig about their fans" with specific examples.

On the plus side we've seen them have players personally deliver to season ticket holder, walk the student rush line and hand out pizza, set up out of town game watching parties during the playoffs (others do that now but they were one of the first).

On the other hand ticket prices are crazy expensive but to be fair, they are in almost every arena in the league (SRO for opening night this year cost me $75 including fees, 4 years ago I went to "just any old game" in Minnesota and an SRO was $120 + fees).

What exactly are the Pens doing that you don't like?
Stillerz Bar
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 861
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:37 pm

Re: Pens Season Ticket Deliveries

Postby Jim on Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:04 pm

Stillerz Bar wrote:
Jim wrote:
longtimefan wrote:I've been a fan since 1968. For whatever the reason, since Mario purchased the team, it's has been perhaps as fan friendly as any organization in sports...


As a long time season ticket holder (started in 98 or 99) who two years ago stopped getting season tickets... I can say that if the Pens are one of the best fan friendly teams... the other teams must literally kick fans in the knee when they come into their stadiums/arenas. Since the Crosby lottery win, the Pens haven't given a flying-frig about their fans.

No sarcasm Jim - I'd really like to know why you think the Pens don't give "a flying-frig about their fans" with specific examples.

On the plus side we've seen them have players personally deliver to season ticket holder, walk the student rush line and hand out pizza, set up out of town game watching parties during the playoffs (others do that now but they were one of the first).

On the other hand ticket prices are crazy expensive but to be fair, they are in almost every arena in the league (SRO for opening night this year cost me $75 including fees, 4 years ago I went to "just any old game" in Minnesota and an SRO was $120 + fees).

What exactly are the Pens doing that you don't like?


It has been discussed often. I am not going to rehash it again. My comment was in response to someone else. If you think that 5 pizzas handed out in line is proof that a team is great to their fans, then whatever. There are many ex-STH that are ex because of the poor way the Pens treat their fans. But you know... a free piece of pizza...
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,452
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Pens Season Ticket Deliveries

Postby Stillerz Bar on Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:21 pm

Jim wrote:
Stillerz Bar wrote:
Jim wrote:
longtimefan wrote:I've been a fan since 1968. For whatever the reason, since Mario purchased the team, it's has been perhaps as fan friendly as any organization in sports...


As a long time season ticket holder (started in 98 or 99) who two years ago stopped getting season tickets... I can say that if the Pens are one of the best fan friendly teams... the other teams must literally kick fans in the knee when they come into their stadiums/arenas. Since the Crosby lottery win, the Pens haven't given a flying-frig about their fans.

No sarcasm Jim - I'd really like to know why you think the Pens don't give "a flying-frig about their fans" with specific examples.

On the plus side we've seen them have players personally deliver to season ticket holder, walk the student rush line and hand out pizza, set up out of town game watching parties during the playoffs (others do that now but they were one of the first).

On the other hand ticket prices are crazy expensive but to be fair, they are in almost every arena in the league (SRO for opening night this year cost me $75 including fees, 4 years ago I went to "just any old game" in Minnesota and an SRO was $120 + fees).

What exactly are the Pens doing that you don't like?


It has been discussed often. I am not going to rehash it again. My comment was in response to someone else. If you think that 5 pizzas handed out in line is proof that a team is great to their fans, then whatever. There are many ex-STH that are ex because of the poor way the Pens treat their fans. But you know... a free piece of pizza...

It’s fine if think you don’t have the time to support your opinion in this thread - your prerogative. I’ve seen plenty of negative comments from you about the way the team is handled & how they are coached / play and while I may have seen some about how you are personally treated, they don’t stand out in your 17K+ posts.

As for the pizza, of course it is a publicity stunt and lots of companies try to find effective ones which I believe the Pens have done.

I can also say that I have friends that are season tickets holders of the Caps as well as several in Minnesota, Dallas, Detroit and San Jose and all of them have commented on how they wish their teams did some of the things the Pens have done for their fans. Conversely I have many Pens Season Ticket Holder friends and other than the prices they are pretty happy with how they are treated.

Everyone has their opinions and you voiced yours by discontinuing your season tickets - fair enough but to state that other teams like the Caps treat their fans better is also an opinion and my experience with their Season Ticket Holders is that they like what the Pens have done and wish they could get the same treatment.

To each their own I guess and I will just leave it there.
Stillerz Bar
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 861
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:37 pm

Re: Pens Season Ticket Deliveries

Postby Jim on Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:25 pm

I have the time, I just don't have the desire to go through it all again.

I had Pens season tickets for year. I had Caps season tickets for years. I cancelled my Pens season tickets because o the pisspoor way they treated their fans. They had a waiting list so if you don't like being taken advantage of and no assistance with problems, go away and someone else will take your tickets. Literally a "we don't need you" customer service mindset.

I still have Caps season tickets.

But you know...

... pizza I guess... because that is literally the only thing that 3 of you have said as positive's for how the Pens treat their fans. So... Yeah pizza!!!
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,452
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Pens Season Ticket Deliveries

Postby longtimefan on Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:26 pm

My idea of treating your fans right is to spend to the cap, make the playoffs, and compete for the Cup. I'm a pretty simple fan. Christmas gifts, mingling with players, etc are nice and all, but not why I attend games. Everybody has their own definition of what a fan experience should be. I can only speak for myself, but I haven't had a bad experience yet. And I've had season tickets since 1985. To me, the team has fulfilled its obligation and then some. Five Cups and 13 straight playoff appearances. And all anyone argues about is how the team can remain cap compliant. What else do I really want?
longtimefan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,956
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:33 pm

Re: Pens Season Ticket Deliveries

Postby Jim on Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:31 am

longtimefan wrote:My idea of treating your fans right is to spend to the cap, make the playoffs, and compete for the Cup.


I can understand that, but I view this more as business. You do this stuff to get the cans to come, follow, pay, and get advertising, etc. If you don't do this there won't be a fanbase. To me this is basic sports-franchise-101.

... but then, people still go to Pirate games so...
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,452
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Pens Season Ticket Deliveries

Postby johnnews on Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:30 am

Jim wrote:
Stillerz Bar wrote:
Jim wrote:
longtimefan wrote:I've been a fan since 1968. For whatever the reason, since Mario purchased the team, it's has been perhaps as fan friendly as any organization in sports...


As a long time season ticket holder (started in 98 or 99) who two years ago stopped getting season tickets... I can say that if the Pens are one of the best fan friendly teams... the other teams must literally kick fans in the knee when they come into their stadiums/arenas. Since the Crosby lottery win, the Pens haven't given a flying-frig about their fans.

No sarcasm Jim - I'd really like to know why you think the Pens don't give "a flying-frig about their fans" with specific examples.

On the plus side we've seen them have players personally deliver to season ticket holder, walk the student rush line and hand out pizza, set up out of town game watching parties during the playoffs (others do that now but they were one of the first).

On the other hand ticket prices are crazy expensive but to be fair, they are in almost every arena in the league (SRO for opening night this year cost me $75 including fees, 4 years ago I went to "just any old game" in Minnesota and an SRO was $120 + fees).

What exactly are the Pens doing that you don't like?


It has been discussed often. I am not going to rehash it again. My comment was in response to someone else. If you think that 5 pizzas handed out in line is proof that a team is great to their fans, then whatever. There are many ex-STH that are ex because of the poor way the Pens treat their fans. But you know... a free piece of pizza...


I never mentioned pizza. I'm saying my personal experience with the Penguins organization has been top-notch. You won't respond to direct questions regarding your negative experience. If it's been rehashed enough, why do you insist on making the comment over & over? If you didn't bring it up, no one would ask.
johnnews
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:44 am
Location: Downingtown, PA

Re: Pens Season Ticket Deliveries

Postby Jim on Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:57 am

johnnews wrote:I never mentioned pizza. I'm saying my personal experience with the Penguins organization has been top-notch. You won't respond to direct questions regarding your negative experience. If it's been rehashed enough, why do you insist on making the comment over & over? If you didn't bring it up, no one would ask.


Because it was said that since Mario purchased the team it has been one of the most fan friendly team in all of sports, or whatever the quote was. Many people would disagree, even strongly. I voiced that side.

You want me to give specifics about the negatives that people have faced, but the only positive that came up was the pizza, hence me using it in the discussion. Cons given: none. Pros given: pizza. I am not too concerned about the strength of my position when the oppositions entire platform so far is pizza. That's not a request for more "pro" examples, it is just a comment as to the value of the overall argument at this point.

But... just to counter non-examples... Things like "I offered to give money for tickets, and they gave me tickets in exchange for the money" is not an example of fan friendly. "I wanted to move my seat and they had other open seats so they let me move, potentially with a exchange of funds depending on the value of the old/new seats" is not an example of fan friendly. Switching games is the same. That is basic business stuff that professionally run organizations all do.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,452
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Pens Season Ticket Deliveries

Postby Great58 on Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:13 pm

Jim wrote:I had Pens season tickets for year. I had Caps season tickets for years. I cancelled my Pens season tickets because o the pisspoor way they treated their fans.

I still have Caps season tickets.


Curious if you can compare the Caps STH events with the Cup to what the Pens did after the last two? Pretty similar, or did one team do way more?

Have the Caps now also started pricing STH equal/higher than promotion offers of individual games or mini plans offered during the season? That was the final straw for me at PPG, when it routinely became easier to buy tickets at or below what I paid as a STH.
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
 
Posts: 5,206
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:56 pm
Location: On the blue line

Re: Pens Season Ticket Deliveries

Postby Stillerz Bar on Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:31 pm

Jim wrote:Because it was said that since Mario purchased the team it has been one of the most fan friendly team in all of sports, or whatever the quote was. Many people would disagree, even strongly. I voiced that side.

You want me to give specifics about the negatives that people have faced, but the only positive that came up was the pizza, hence me using it in the discussion. Cons given: none. Pros given: pizza. I am not too concerned about the strength of my position when the oppositions entire platform so far is pizza. That's not a request for more "pro" examples, it is just a comment as to the value of the overall argument at this point.

Actually the thread title itself was what started the conversation - it was not about pizza but rather having fans get their tickets delivered directly from players and how much fans enjoy that annual practice. I also referenced the game watching parties which the Pens were one of the first to do.

You may not think those are that great but that right there is three pros, not one as you keep repeating (saying something over & over doesn’t make it true if all you have to do is scroll up or read the thread title to counter the statement). As johnnews wrote, you keep saying how great the Caps treat their fans and how you have rehashed that over & over but apparently none of us remember - if you don’t want to type it up, link to an earlier thread to help the memory challenged on this board.

We really are interested in knowing things that the Caps (and other teams) do that are so much better. I have and will continue to give feedback to the team and would love to have other things to offer up as suggestions to improve the fan experience. You even took the time to list out the other things people thought were positives that you see as basics to running a business - fair enough but to support your position you just keep saying “I already told you” - not a very effective way to get people to get on board with your point of view.

I get that you are a board contrarian but if you really were interested in seeing improvements and not just complaining and saying the Caps are better, you would provide some sort of specifics of what you’d like to see……. Of course I do not expect to see that happen based on the contents of your previous 17K+ posts. I tried to seriously engage you in a bona fide conversation to get a different perspective on the product the Pens deliver and even led out with “No sarcasm Jim” but I guess I should have known better.
Stillerz Bar
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 861
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:37 pm

Re: Pens Season Ticket Deliveries

Postby Jim on Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:54 pm

Yeah, but I didn't reply to the title of the thread. I literally quoted what I replied to. But I guess quoting what you are replying to isn't enough?

The funniest thing in this thread is that I posted that pizza is pathetic proof that a team is fan friendly... 1 minute later you post "...and hand out pizza..." Classic!

So far the "proof" that the Pens are one of the most fan friendly teams of "any organization in sports" is a handful of ticket deliveries and... yep... pizza. I'm still fine with all of the specifics that I have given as counters to that (ie none].

You've posted a lot of words in this thread, but not much to support the Pens as fan friendly. You've typed "17K" more times than fan friendly examples. You've argued against me while doing nothing, NOTHING, to support the comment that I actually quoted and disagreed with. You're so busy attacking me that you aren't helping you own argument.

"you keep saying how great the Caps treat their fans and how you have rehashed that over & over" ... can you show me ONE TIME that I said the Caps treated their fans great, much less how I have rehashed that that Caps treat their fans great. We will wait... you go ahead... take all of the time that you need...

What? No. Yeah, because I didn't say that the Caps did a great job, much less rehash it.

Again, you are so busy attacking me instead of addressing the topic that you are getting literally everything wrong. Maybe you should have just left it there like you said that you were going to a week ago.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,452
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Pens Season Ticket Deliveries

Postby Malkintent on Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:39 pm

Jim gives negative opinion.
People ask for a reason/explanation/example.
"I've explained in other posts. I'm not explaining again".
Rinse. Repeat.
Malkintent
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 1,828
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:14 am
Location: Please help my dog https://www.gofundme.com/sumdm7d8

Re: Pens Season Ticket Deliveries

Postby johnnews on Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:00 am

So, direct question, what do the Caps do that differs from the Pens, potentially treating their fans better?
johnnews
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:44 am
Location: Downingtown, PA

Re: Pens Season Ticket Deliveries

Postby Jim on Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:12 am

You can wait forever... I am still waiting too. I am waiting for how the Pens are one of the most fan friendly organizations in all of professional sports. So far the only supporting examples are a handful of player delivered tickets (which are layer to the mines for the press) and $30 worth of pizza handed out to people in line. If that is all that the lot of you can come up with... I'm not concerned.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,452
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Pens Season Ticket Deliveries

Postby johnnews on Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:52 am

Way to engage in an intelligent dialogue.
johnnews
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:44 am
Location: Downingtown, PA

Re: Pens Season Ticket Deliveries

Postby Stillerz Bar on Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:00 am

johnnews wrote:Way to engage in an intelligent dialogue.

:face:

The biggest difference in the way johnnews & I are approaching this is that we are acknowledging that there are likely things the Pens could do better and trying to see your point of view by asking you for some insight on why you feel the Pens don’t give “a flying-frig about their fans.” We really started out wanted to get info to support your position. I thought that was one of the reasons forums like this existed - to help convince others your opinion has validity by stating your case.

You however Jim, are content to believe that you “win” the discussion repeating that you are no longer a SHT because of the “piss poor way the Pens treat their fans” without providing any context or rationale for your position.

To that point, you are correct that you never said the Caps treat their fans great …. but you did post these two statements.

Postby Jim on Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:52 am
The Caps are much better with their fans than the Pens are.

Postby Jim on Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:25 pm
I still have Caps season tickets.


So I guess you feel that the bar is so low with the Pens that the Caps being much better than the Pens still doesn’t accomplish much.

As for posting about the pizza giveaway 1 minute after you whined about it, do you really think that in one minute I had time to read your note, type a reply and post it? You must think I am pretty amazing - thanks for the compliment ;)

Also, thanks for taking a feel good thread and crapping all over it.

Danke Schön, Muchas Gracias, Merci Beacoup, Grazie, Mange takk, Mahalo, 謝謝, Σας ευχαριστούμε, 너를 감사하십시요, Obrigado, ຂອບໃຈ,متشکرم, Spasibo, Diakuiu,
and in English
Thank you
Stillerz Bar
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 861
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:37 pm

Re: Pens Season Ticket Deliveries

Postby Jim on Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:02 am

Stillerz Bar wrote:Also, thanks for taking a feel good thread and crapping all over it.

Danke Schön, Muchas Gracias, Merci Beacoup, Grazie, Mange takk, Mahalo, 謝謝, Σας ευχαριστούμε, 너를 감사하십시요, Obrigado, ຂອບໃຈ,متشکرم, Spasibo, Diakuiu,
and in English
Thank you


You're welcome.

Or... all that someone needed to do was come up with more than "pizza" as explaining how "...since Mario purchased the team, it's has been perhaps as fan friendly as any organization in sports." and it would have 100% shut down my side of the argument from the start, as that was what I disagreed with. It would have been over.

But no one could.

So it didn't. (shut down my side)


Stillerz Bar wrote:I thought that was one of the reasons forums like this existed - to help convince others your opinion has validity by stating your case.


Okay, so what have you said to help convince others and what have you stated as your case? p i z z a. You keep pointing the finger at me while doing nothing yourself. If you think that forums like this are to have discussion and convince others... YOU have not acted in that fashion at all. You are more concerned with commenting on my 17K posts and asking what the Caps do than you are in how/what/etc the Pens do. It's funny that you think that is what forums like this are for yet you completely failed to do it yourself.

But here, even though all that I have to counter against is... yep... pizza... with the Caps it was easier to exchange seats, easier to move the seat location, easier to upgrade individual game seats, their version of Pens Points was much better (you didn't have to nearly literally watch every pregame, every game, and every postgame just to get a t-shirt), more fan events, etc. The biggest of all is that their STH reps didn't treat you like you were bothering them and act like neither you nor your question/issue mattered because there is a waiting list and if you don't like it just go away and someone from the list will take your tickets next year.

But... I never did get a free slice of pizza from them while waiting outside.


Stillerz Bar wrote:As for posting about the pizza giveaway 1 minute after you whined about it, do you really think that in one minute I had time to read your note, type a reply and post it? You must think I am pretty amazing - thanks for the compliment ;)


No, I just found it funny that I took a shot at the pizza point before it was mentioned, then it was immediately mentioned. it's a debate tactic called stealing their thunder. You take what you expect the opposition to use in their argument and lessen its value before they can use it. It only works if you mention it first, otherwise it is just rebuttal. The fact that it was 1 minute apart is great.


Postby Jim on Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:52 am
The Caps are much better with their fans than the Pens are.


I didn't remember saying "much better" so I will give you that one.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,452
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: Pens Season Ticket Deliveries

Postby johnnews on Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:59 am

Jim, what's your address? I'll have a pizza delivered. What toppings would you like?
johnnews
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:44 am
Location: Downingtown, PA

Re: Pens Season Ticket Deliveries

Postby Stillerz Bar on Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:11 pm

Jim wrote:... all that someone needed to do was come up with more than "pizza" as explaining how "...since Mario purchased the team, it's has been perhaps as fan friendly as any organization in sports." and it would have 100% shut down my side of the argument from the start, as that was what I disagreed with. It would have been over.


In fact I mentioned the ticket deliveries first, pizza giveaway 2nd and game watching parties 3rd … but you just kept only seeing “pizza” and I could not understand if you were just ignoring the other two or couldn’t see them. This latest repsonse probably finally explains that since you included “I never did get a free slice of pizza from them while waiting outside.”

Jim wrote:….with the Caps it was easier to exchange seats, easier to move the seat location, easier to upgrade individual game seats, their version of Pens Points was much better (you didn't have to nearly literally watch every pregame, every game, and every postgame just to get a t-shirt), more fan events, etc. The biggest of all is that their STH reps didn't treat you like you were bothering them and act like neither you nor your question/issue mattered because there is a waiting list and if you don't like it just go away and someone from the list will take your tickets next year.


Thank you - seriously, thank you. You finally answered the question that myself and others have been asking by giving specific reasons you think the Caps are better (you alluded to some earlier but it wasn't clear that was your turnoff from the team). Fair points - my friends haven’t had those same problems but if you experienced them it is understandable why you feel that way. Had you done that when first asked this thread would already be way down the page…… but I guess you gave us something to get us most of the way to opening day so :fist:
Stillerz Bar
ECHL'er
ECHL'er
 
Posts: 861
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:37 pm

Re: Pens Season Ticket Deliveries

Postby Jim on Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:24 pm

Stillerz Bar wrote:
Jim wrote:... all that someone needed to do was come up with more than "pizza" as explaining how "...since Mario purchased the team, it's has been perhaps as fan friendly as any organization in sports." and it would have 100% shut down my side of the argument from the start, as that was what I disagreed with. It would have been over.


In fact I mentioned the ticket deliveries first, pizza giveaway 2nd and game watching parties 3rd … but you just kept only seeing “pizza” and I could not understand if you were just ignoring the other two or couldn’t see them. This latest repsonse probably finally explains that since you included “I never did get a free slice of pizza from them while waiting outside.”


I did mention the handful of ticket deliveries off and on. But I did 100% ignore the "Mario's TV".

I never actually waited for tickets outside the arena. It's not that I was there but didn't get any. The $30 in free pizza never applied to me...
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
 
Posts: 17,452
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Malkintent and 32 guests


e-mail