Road games

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Road games

Postby johnnews on Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:13 pm

Big Easy Pens Fan wrote:Regarding the Igloo vs the CEC/PPG. Lest we forget that if there wasn't a new arena to replace the Igloo, we wouldn't be here conversing about the PITTSBURGH Penguins. :face:

BEPF

Also let's not forget, legendary venues get replaced everywhere. Needs suites to pay those salaries. Montreal, Toronto, Buffalo, Boston, Philly, Chicago, Detroit come to mind. Along with not so legendary venues in NJ, NYI, Washington just off the top of my head.
johnnews
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby netwolf on Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:25 pm

PPG is nice and all, but as someone with season seats up top, the vast majority of that nice is because it's still relatively new. The concourses up top are as crowded as the Igloo ever was, if not more. I'm still amazed at how narrow it is in certain spots and even more amazed at how someone thinks those spots are the best places to slam in an extra concession cart. It's been bad from day 1. Whomever did the foot traffic missed the mark by a wide margin.
netwolf
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Cow_Master66 on Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:22 am

netwolf wrote:PPG is nice and all, but as someone with season seats up top, the vast majority of that nice is because it's still relatively new. The concourses up top are as crowded as the Igloo ever was, if not more. I'm still amazed at how narrow it is in certain spots and even more amazed at how someone thinks those spots are the best places to slam in an extra concession cart. It's been bad from day 1. Whomever did the foot traffic missed the mark by a wide margin.

Yes that was my point about the arteries (not the route to drive in/out to the location). There’s a bunch of bottlenecks all over and, I’m not an engineer, but doesn’t make sense to me. Maybe it’s the use of escalators vs ramps? Why are the halls/doors to the attached garage so tight? To your point on the concourses, there’s other spots too.
Cow_Master66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby sjnhiils on Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:05 pm

FLPensFan, Was trying to make it down to the Fla. and TB games on the 22nd and 23rd. Tickets at TB are reasonable but I was pretty surprised you could get a seat in the lower bowl at Panthers games for $30. 3 rows off the ice was around $50. Spirit Airlines has flights for $116 rt. At those prices , it is pretty tempting!
sjnhiils
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Row_Z on Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:05 pm

I will be visiting friends in Miami and will be at the game against Florida 10/22. First away Pens game for me since 2011.
Row_Z

Postby sjnhiils on Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:12 pm

Row_Z wrote:I will be visiting friends in Miami and will be at the game against Florida 10/22. First away Pens game for me since 2011.

Let's hope Crosby is not injured before then!!
sjnhiils
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby FLPensFan on Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:31 pm

sjnhiils wrote:FLPensFan, Was trying to make it down to the Fla. and TB games on the 22nd and 23rd. Tickets at TB are reasonable but I was pretty surprised you could get a seat in the lower bowl at Panthers games for $30. 3 rows off the ice was around $50. Spirit Airlines has flights for $116 rt. At those prices , it is pretty tempting!

Wow, they must have really dropped prices. Were those behind the goal? Usually, I get lower bowl seats in the corner for about $75, and you can get seats on the glass for $150 a piece, except closer to the benches.

I wasn't planning on going to the 10/22 game because my son and I are going to Pittsburgh for the 11/9 game against Chicago, but, if I see more tickets that cheap, I just might jump on them. Where were you looking at tickets (app/site)?
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby sjnhiils on Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:12 pm

FLPensFan wrote:
sjnhiils wrote:FLPensFan, Was trying to make it down to the Fla. and TB games on the 22nd and 23rd. Tickets at TB are reasonable but I was pretty surprised you could get a seat in the lower bowl at Panthers games for $30. 3 rows off the ice was around $50. Spirit Airlines has flights for $116 rt. At those prices , it is pretty tempting!

Wow, they must have really dropped prices. Were those behind the goal? Usually, I get lower bowl seats in the corner for about $75, and you can get seats on the glass for $150 a piece, except closer to the benches.

I wasn't planning on going to the 10/22 game because my son and I are going to Pittsburgh for the 11/9 game against Chicago, but, if I see more tickets that cheap, I just might jump on them. Where were you looking at tickets (app/site)?

Stubhub. Sections were 108 and 111 behind net. Not sure what center ice was.
sjnhiils
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Previous

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins