Phil's Theater

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Phil's Theater

Postby interstorm on Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:10 pm

Not sure if anyone here saw it - seems just about what you'd expect:

https://mobile.twitter.com/jrown32/stat ... 22017?s=21
interstorm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: Phil's Theater

Postby FLPensFan on Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:38 pm

You missed the shot of the corner of the room, that has two mannequin's dressed in US Winter Olympic gear, with widely used Kessel meme picture in that corner also:

FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby ville5 on Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:28 pm

interstorm wrote:Not sure if anyone here saw it - seems just about what you'd expect:

https://mobile.twitter.com/jrown32/stat ... 22017?s=21

Nothing wrong with a lil pr0n.
ville5
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby LimerickPensFan on Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:53 am

Taylor Haase on DK's site did a piece on it with a bunch of pictures. What an incredible house. This is the description:

This nearly 8, 000 square foot home sits privately on 3+ acres at the end of a cul-de-sac and yet is less than 15 minutes to downtown Pittsburgh and 10 minutes to Cranberry. Walking through the home is an experience with stunning hardwood floors throughout the main level and an abundance of natural light. The open kitchen is a chef’s dream with every amenity, an abundance of space and a climate controlled walk-in wine closet which holds more than 400 bottles. The master bedroom suite is on the main level and is simply amazing. The second floor has 4 large bedrooms, each having their own full bathroom and walk-in closet. The lower level is massive and includes a wet bar, a theater room with a 120″ movie screen and auditorium style seating, a workout room and an abundance of storage space. There’s room for a pool too!

Only $2.1million.

LimerickPensFan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby ville5 on Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:05 am

LimerickPensFan wrote:Taylor Haase on DK's site did a piece on it with a bunch of pictures. What an incredible house. This is the description:

This nearly 8, 000 square foot home sits privately on 3+ acres at the end of a cul-de-sac and yet is less than 15 minutes to downtown Pittsburgh and 10 minutes to Cranberry. Walking through the home is an experience with stunning hardwood floors throughout the main level and an abundance of natural light. The open kitchen is a chef’s dream with every amenity, an abundance of space and a climate controlled walk-in wine closet which holds more than 400 bottles. The master bedroom suite is on the main level and is simply amazing. The second floor has 4 large bedrooms, each having their own full bathroom and walk-in closet. The lower level is massive and includes a wet bar, a theater room with a 120″ movie screen and auditorium style seating, a workout room and an abundance of storage space. There’s room for a pool too!

Only $2.1million.

Maybe RJ could buy it and host regular lgp get togethers before games. :thumb:
ville5
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby FLPensFan on Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:18 am

Phil did leave a few bottles of wine and some booze behind for us....

FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FLPensFan on Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:26 am

And, looks like everybody has been fooled by the realtor. Kessel claims he never even used the home theater. The realtor states they are the ones that put the single chair in the room, just to show the size of the room. It was not Kessel's chair.

https://www.thewrap.com/the-truth-behind-that-viral-image-of-phil-kesslers-single-seat-home-theater/
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby penny lane on Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:35 am

FLPensFan wrote:And, looks like everybody has been fooled by the realtor. Kessel claims he never even used the home theater. The realtor states they are the ones that put the single chair in the room, just to show the size of the room. It was not Kessel's chair.

https://www.thewrap.com/the-truth-behind-that-viral-image-of-phil-kesslers-single-seat-home-theater/

Absolutely there is zero privacy.
But this space would work for a LGP convention.
Unless Mario wanted to put us up.
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby interstorm on Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:36 am

FLPensFan wrote:And, looks like everybody has been fooled by the realtor. Kessel claims he never even used the home theater. The realtor states they are the ones that put the single chair in the room, just to show the size of the room. It was not Kessel's chair.

Nope -- can't change my mind. This is his realtor covering for him. Nope...can't make me believe anything else and I'm sticking to the original story.
interstorm
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Cow_Master66 on Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:44 am

Wouldn't think any Penguins would live in that area, but if one did, I would assume it would be Phil.
Cow_Master66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby johnnews on Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:51 pm

Cow_Master66 wrote:Wouldn't think any Penguins would live in that area, but if one did, I would assume it would be Phil.

Close to UPMC for practice, 15 min to PPG, not too far for the airport.
johnnews
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Antonio on Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:18 pm

2.1m? Insane how cheap that is.
Antonio
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby DelPen on Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:24 pm

interstorm wrote:

Nope -- can't change my mind. This is his realtor covering for him. Nope...can't make me believe anything else and I'm sticking to the original story.

Is it sad or funny that this is actually believable he could have just that one seat on a home theater?
DelPen
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Cow_Master66 on Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:06 pm

johnnews wrote:
Cow_Master66 wrote:Wouldn't think any Penguins would live in that area, but if one did, I would assume it would be Phil.

I know it's 10 minutes from my house, but Phil should be in the heart of the action somewhere popping and locking! :pop:
Cow_Master66
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Maestro on Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:52 pm

That theater room - Phil was certainly master of his domain.
Probably the true reason for the trade. I hear the muscles become so strained from overuse that one is left with nothing but a claw.

Maestro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby Humperdink on Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:02 pm

"This nearly 8, 000 square foot home sits privately on 3+ acres at the end of a cul-de-sac and yet is less than 15 minutes to downtown Pittsburgh and 10 minutes to Cranberry. Walking through the home is an experience with stunning hardwood floors throughout the main level and an abundance of natural light. The open kitchen is a chef’s dream with every amenity, an abundance of space and a climate controlled walk-in wine closet which holds more than 400 bottles. The master bedroom suite is on the main level and is simply amazing. The second floor has 4 large bedrooms, each having their own full bathroom and walk-in closet. The lower level is massive and includes a wet bar, a theater room with a 120″ movie screen and auditorium style seating, a workout room and an abundance of storage space. There’s room for a pool too!"

Workout equipment still in the original boxes???
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby johnnews on Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:25 pm

Cow_Master66 wrote:
johnnews wrote:

I know it's 10 minutes from my house, but Phil should be in the heart of the action somewhere popping and locking! :pop:

I would pay top dollar to see Phil pop & lock
johnnews
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby Hatrick on Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:08 pm

So, we gonna pool our money together and take a stab at it? We can host poker nights.
Hatrick
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby Hatrick on Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:09 pm

also would be a great room to watch games in, with more furniture of course
Hatrick
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins