Huberdeau and a 1st for Malkin being discussed?

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Huberdeau and a 1st for Malkin being discussed?

Postby ville5 on Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:21 pm

ville5
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Huberdeau and a 1st for Malkin being discussed?

Postby ville5 on Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:28 pm

Someone translate this!!!
The hf poster that linked that says that site has broken a couple trades in the past. I can't vouch for the validity of that statement.
ville5
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby penny lane on Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:41 pm

Translated= no way Jose! )))
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Postby Badamski9 on Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:32 pm

....and what else? I mean these are ridiculous.
Badamski9

Postby Ericf on Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:36 pm

It says the Pens and Florida are discussing Malkin and the Pens first for Huberdeau from a supposedly solid source...acknowledges NTCs on both sides, and talks about the players....

I’m Malkin’s biggest fan next to his mother but I would do this ONLY IF Duchene had an agreement in place to sign with the Pens to be their 2C...otherwise we have no one who could replace G and I wouldn’t just “hope” we can sign him in FA
Last edited by Ericf on Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ericf
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby FLPensFan on Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:40 pm

ville5 wrote:Someone translate this!!!
The hf poster that linked that says that site has broken a couple trades in the past. I can't vouch for the validity of that statement.

This site has some validitity/credibility. He indeed broke several trades last year before others. In fact, I'm trying to recall if he may have been the one to have the Brassard trade well before others.

I'm not saying the guy is Dreger, McKenzie, Friedman level, but he's not Eklund or TIOPS level, either. He has some sources and has been correct before, even on small stuff nobody cares about.

My question still remains....if you trade Malkin for Huberdeau and a 1st, Florida has too many top centers. Barkov, Malkin, and Trocheck wouldn't work.

IMO, the trade would have to be much bigger, like Huberdeau and Trocheck for Malkin and our 1st round pick, and if I'm Florida, I would still want something else.
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby lemieuxReturns on Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:58 pm

FLPensFan wrote:

This site has some validitity/credibility. He indeed broke several trades last year before others. In fact, I'm trying to recall if he may have been the one to have the Brassard trade well before others.

I'm not saying the guy is Dreger, McKenzie, Friedman level, but he's not Eklund or TIOPS level, either. He has some sources and has been correct before, even on small stuff nobody cares about.

My question still remains....if you trade Malkin for Huberdeau and a 1st, Florida has too many top centers. Barkov, Malkin, and Trocheck wouldn't work.

IMO, the trade would have to be much bigger, like Huberdeau and Trocheck for Malkin and our 1st round pick, and if I'm Florida, I would still want something else.

I hope this isn’t even close to true. But Florida does make sense from Geno’s perspective. I think Gonchar lives there if I remember right.
lemieuxReturns
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby opie22002 on Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:15 pm

I’d make this deal then trade Maatta and pick to Toronto for Kadri.
opie22002
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby pens_CT on Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:45 pm

opie22002 wrote:I’d make this deal then trade Maatta and pick to Toronto for Kadri.

Kadri is a true idiot and shouldn’t be on any team that wants to win a cup.
pens_CT
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pens_CT on Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:51 pm

lemieuxReturns wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:

I hope this isn’t even close to true. But Florida does make sense from Geno’s perspective. I think Gonchar lives there if I remember right.

If they were moving Malkin to Florida the price would start with Troechek + high pick or prospect. From Florida’s perspective not sure why your looking to give up significant assets for a soon to be 33 year old coming off a bad season even if it’s 71.
pens_CT
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby FallenHero96 on Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:40 am

First glance .... hmmm interesting. I think Florida picks 13th this year.... Florida must really think they have a chance at Panarin and want to entice him and pair him with Malkin.

Second glance.... wait what? It's Malkin and OUR 1st for Huber? Put down the crack pipe.
FallenHero96
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby no name on Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:44 am

like Huberdeau and Trocheck for Malkin and our 1st round pick. This would be my starting point nothing less.
no name
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Postby Daniel on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:39 am

FallenHero96 wrote:First glance .... hmmm interesting. I think Florida picks 13th this year.... Florida must really think they have a chance at Panarin and want to entice him and pair him with Malkin.

Second glance.... wait what? It's Malkin and OUR 1st for Huber? Put down the crack pipe.

It's not really clear to be honest with you, though I'm looking at a translated version.

https://www.danslescoulisses.com/fr/sou ... ni-malkin/

A very strong source from my colleague Maxime Truman reported today that the Penguins and Panthers were currently engaged in serious discussions that would revolve around Jonathan Huberdeau, a first-round pick and Evgeni Malkin.
Daniel
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby KG on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:06 am

no name wrote:like Huberdeau and Trocheck for Malkin and our 1st round pick. This would be my starting point nothing less.

That would be a solid get.

Maybe Florida is going into all in win now mode. Get Malkin and hope they can secure Bob and Panarin.

A strong hockey trade to get younger without losing much in terms of now talent is key in any Malkin trade. The Pens will always be in win now mode with Sid.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby thehockeyguru on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:17 am

KG wrote:
no name wrote:like Huberdeau and Trocheck for Malkin and our 1st round pick. This would be my starting point nothing less.

That would be a solid get.

Maybe Florida is going into all in win now mode. Get Malkin and hope they can secure Bob and Panarin.

A strong hockey trade to get younger without losing much in terms of now talent is key in any Malkin trade. The Pens will always be in win now mode with Sid.

I would be all for a trade like this, Malkin seemed disinterested. IF they can get this return it makes sense to move him.

To me it sounds like Florida jockeying to get Panarin. Panarin may think that the Isles or Rangers are a better fit, FL trying to keep up?
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jim on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:20 am

Of these suggestions:
Huberdeau + 1st = Malkin
Huberdeau + Trocheck = Malkin + 1st
Trocheck = two 1sts
Just saying...

I like the idea of Huberdeau and Trocheck for Malkin and a 1st. However, it adds $1.15M to the already rough cap situation. I guess that as it is 2-for-1 you also bump another person from the roster, say $700K Wilson type, so it only adds about $400K to the cap. Maybe it can be bumped a little bigger and add on one of the Pens D for something. Florida is a little shady at D, and they have a lot of cap space. I know that they are rumored to be going after Panarin and Bobrovsky, but I don't think they are as hot on Bobrovsky as some make out.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby thehockeyguru on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:30 am

Jim wrote:Of these suggestions:
Huberdeau + 1st = Malkin
Trocheck = two 1sts
Just saying...

I like the idea of Huberdeau and Trocheck for Malkin and a 1st. However, it adds $1.15M to the already rough cap situation. I guess that as it is 2-for-1 you also bump another person from the roster, say $700K Wilson type, so it only adds about $400K to the cap. Maybe it can be bumped a little bigger and add on one of the Pens D for something. Florida is a little shady at D, and they have a lot of cap space. I know that they are rumored to be going after Panarin and Bobrovsky, but I don't think they are as hot on Bobrovsky as some make out.

Could you see a Reimer for JJ swap?
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby KG on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:30 am

Huberdeau + 1st = Malkin
Trocheck = two 1sts
Just saying...

Yes. These are all good solid value and probably smart moves for Malkin. If you are going to move him. I like Huberdeau + Trocheck for Malkin and our 1st. 2 players locked up long term, young. But if Trocheck isn't coming back you would think Sid will be all over Duchene to slide into 2C.

Some times the off season is more fun then the regular season! especially when compared to a Sunday afternoon Pens game in early November :D
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby thehockeyguru on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:33 am

Also to add, this fits the narrative too that the Pens have been interviewing Victor Soderstrom. FLA picks 13, I've seen mocks of him going in that range. It just adds up.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby KG on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:39 am

thehockeyguru wrote:
Huberdeau + 1st = Malkin
Trocheck = two 1sts
Just saying...

Good thought! Reimer has 2 more years at $3.4Mill per JJ has 4 more at $3.25Mill

Malkin, Johnson, 1st round pick for Huberdeau, Trocheck, Reimer? oh baby!
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jim on Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:42 am

thehockeyguru wrote:
Huberdeau + 1st = Malkin
Trocheck = two 1sts
Just saying...

I was thinking more about cap heading towards Florida. Johnson/Reimer adds more cap to Pittsburgh.

Something more like:
Huberdeau + Trocheck + 1st = Malkin + Maatta + 1st + Buf4th
Huberdeau + Trocheck + 2nd = Malkin + Maatta + 1st
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby pens_CT on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:04 am

I find it hard to believe that Florida is trading two players in the prime of their career plus a first for a soon to be 33 old center coming off a bad season plus a slow footed defensemen. The only way this makes any sense is Florida believes adding 71 makes the difference in obtaining Panarin and maybe goaltender Boob.
pens_CT
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pens_CT on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:06 am

thehockeyguru wrote:Also to add, this fits the narrative too that the Pens have been interviewing Victor Soderstrom. FLA picks 13, I've seen mocks of him going in that range. It just adds up.

More like 1 + 1 = 3. I'm sure Pittsburgh interviews a lot of players that potentially fall in or just above their draft position in case one of those guys fall to 21.
pens_CT
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Daniel on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:11 am

pens_CT wrote:I find it hard to believe that Florida is trading two players in the prime of their career plus a first for a soon to be 33 old center coming off a bad season plus a slow footed defensemen. The only way this makes any sense is Florida believes adding 71 makes the difference in obtaining Panarin and maybe goaltender Boob.

Florida is pretty goofy though. They're as likely to try and recreate the Red Wings Soviet connection as rebuild the team over a 2-3 year plan.
Daniel
AHL'er
AHL'er

Postby pens_CT on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:21 am

Daniel wrote:
pens_CT wrote:I find it hard to believe that Florida is trading two players in the prime of their career plus a first for a soon to be 33 old center coming off a bad season plus a slow footed defensemen. The only way this makes any sense is Florida believes adding 71 makes the difference in obtaining Panarin and maybe goaltender Boob.

Florida is pretty goofy though. They're as likely to try and recreate the Red Wings Soviet connection as rebuild the team over a 2-3 year plan.

I agree with the goofy part, but I think Trochek would be more of a Quenneville type of player than Malkin.
pens_CT
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Next

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins