Shop for Pittsburgh Penguins 2017 Stanley Cup Champs Fan Gear and Collectibles

Pre-game talk: Tampa @ Pittsburgh 1/30/2019

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Pre-game talk: Tampa @ Pittsburgh 1/30/2019

Postby FLPensFan on Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:34 am

Optional skate today, but, the interesting development is that neither Brassard nor Maatta participated in the skate. It has been noted that neither player is known for skipping optionals. They both almost always attend.

Brassard obviously has been in trade rumors for some time. Maatta was linked to the Canadians by a fairly reliable Canadian source yesterday.

Murray first goalie off.

Schultz participated in full practice in no-contact jersey.

No word on if Blueger will be in the lineup tonight. Sullivan just said he is deserving of an opportunity.
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Pre-game talk: Tampa @ Pittsburgh 1/30/2019

Postby longtimefan on Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:03 pm

FLPensFan wrote:Optional skate today, but, the interesting development is that neither Brassard nor Maatta participated in the skate. It has been noted that neither player is known for skipping optionals. They both almost always attend.

Brassard obviously has been in trade rumors for some time. Maatta was linked to the Canadians by a fairly reliable Canadian source yesterday.

Murray first goalie off.

Schultz participated in full practice in no-contact jersey.

No word on if Blueger will be in the lineup tonight. Sullivan just said he is deserving of an opportunity.

I understand the Brassard situation, but I'd be very surprised if they moved Maatta. I'd like to know more about when the supposed Montreal rumor started. I looked at it as plausible, and something they may consider, although not for the reported return. Not after they moved Oleksiak though. I looked at it as one or the other to help clear space, with Olli being the better player and higher cap hit. I'm not sure about the logic of moving both. Unless another defenseman is coming back. That's a bit perplexing. Although, it could also be his car wouldn't start. :)
longtimefan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby largegarlic on Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:46 pm

That is interesting that those two guys weren't there, but I also wonder if it's worth considering that it's MISERABLE in Pittsburgh today. Super cold and lots of accidents/traffic on the main roads. I could see guys just having trouble getting to the rink, or not deciding it's not worth it for an optional skate.
largegarlic
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby penny lane on Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:14 pm

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/2019/01 ... e-success/

Big trip for the bolts, PGH, NYI and NYR.

Hope the hot chocolate is flowing... along with Letang's hair. ;)
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Location: Through thick & thin; all out or all in~we'll get through together.

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins