Shaking up the Penguins, Part 2

Forum for Pittsburgh Penguins-related messages.

Moderators: Three Stars, dagny, pfim, netwolf

Re: Shaking up the Penguins, Part 2

Postby Pensfan4life8771 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:47 pm

Inside Pittsburgh Sports.
Pensfan4life8771
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby lemieuxReturns on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:14 pm

lemieuxReturns
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby pens_CT on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:14 pm

Pensfan4life8771 wrote:Inside Pittsburgh Sports.

Probably graffiti on the bathroom wall is a better source than TIOPS, but if GMJR wants to move him getting him to waive his NTC would probably be one of the first steps in the process. Doesn't mean that anything is close to happening.
Last edited by pens_CT on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pens_CT
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby ville5 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:15 pm

An ex-Pen has the EXACT same games played, EXACT same amount of goals, assists and points. With 11:58 avg time on ice per game. Yep. Oskar Sundqvist.
37 games- 8g, 6a, 14 pts. Brassard averages 15:01 i think.
ville5
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby sjnhiils on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:30 pm

Brassard has been linked to Dallas and Winnipeg. There might have to be others involved but what about getting Dallas to eat some salary and get Radulov for Malkin? Maybe swap Brassard for Little? On Maatta going to Florida, I would want Hoffman back.
sjnhiils
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby lemieuxReturns on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:35 pm

sjnhiils wrote:Brassard has been linked to Dallas and Winnipeg. There might have to be others involved but what about getting Dallas to eat some salary and get Radulov for Malkin? Maybe swap Brassard for Little? On Maatta going to Florida, I would want Hoffman back.

What the! Ugh!
lemieuxReturns
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby sjnhiils on Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:59 pm

lemieuxReturns wrote:
sjnhiils wrote:Brassard has been linked to Dallas and Winnipeg. There might have to be others involved but what about getting Dallas to eat some salary and get Radulov for Malkin? Maybe swap Brassard for Little? On Maatta going to Florida, I would want Hoffman back.

What the! Ugh!

Meant get Radulov to play with Malkin!!
sjnhiils
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby lemieuxReturns on Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:10 pm

sjnhiils wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:

What the! Ugh!

Ok. Better.
Do you want Hoffman knowing his issues?
lemieuxReturns
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby sjnhiils on Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:20 pm

lemieuxReturns wrote:
sjnhiils wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:

What the! Ugh!

Ok. Better.

That has kind of died down. Hasn't stopped him from scoring this year. Didn"t they have more to do with his wife?
sjnhiils
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby FLPensFan on Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:29 pm

lemieuxReturns wrote:
sjnhiils wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:

What the! Ugh!

Ok. Better.

I don't think Florida will move Hoffman, and, I haven't heard of any problems with Hoffman since he's been down in Florida.

In all honesty, the Karlssons threw a lot of mud out in public, and then refused to provide any evidence. So much so, that Hoffman and his fiance sued the Karlsson's in order to try and force them to present evidence. Canadian judges side with the Karlssons without Karlssons or their lawyers having to show any evidence to the court. They protected Karlsson as a cyberbullying victim....but nobody ever saw the evidence. Extremely odd, and something doesn't smell right there to me.

Melinda Karlsson made some very strong accusations, lots of them, but was never required to show anyone any proof or evidence that she claimed she had. Hoffman's finance got a software engineer involved, who could find no link between the negative posts and any IP address that would be connected.

The whole situation was awful....losing the child.....and the negative comments, but, there was never enough show to side with one side or the other, IMO.
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Ohio_Pens_fan on Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:54 pm

pens_CT wrote:
Pensfan4life8771 wrote:Inside Pittsburgh Sports.

Probably graffiti on the bathroom wall is a better source than TIOPS, but if GMJR wants to move him getting him to waive his NTC would probably be one of the first steps in the process. Doesn't mean that anything is close to happening.

LMAO
Ohio_Pens_fan
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby lemieuxReturns on Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:15 pm

FLPensFan wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:
sjnhiils wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:

What the! Ugh!

Ok. Better.

I don't think Florida will move Hoffman, and, I haven't heard of any problems with Hoffman since he's been down in Florida.

In all honesty, the Karlssons threw a lot of mud out in public, and then refused to provide any evidence. So much so, that Hoffman and his fiance sued the Karlsson's in order to try and force them to present evidence. Canadian judges side with the Karlssons without Karlssons or their lawyers having to show any evidence to the court. They protected Karlsson as a cyberbullying victim....but nobody ever saw the evidence. Extremely odd, and something doesn't smell right there to me.

Melinda Karlsson made some very strong accusations, lots of them, but was never required to show anyone any proof or evidence that she claimed she had. Hoffman's finance got a software engineer involved, who could find no link between the negative posts and any IP address that would be connected.

The whole situation was awful....losing the child.....and the negative comments, but, there was never enough show to side with one side or the other, IMO.

Wow, i didnt know all that. I agree that something doesnt sound right there.
lemieuxReturns
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby bsgg-penguinsbrazil on Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:31 pm

It's impossible to go after Alexander Kerfoot (COL) ?

2017/2018 .54 ppg, avg TOI 13:27, 19G, 24A, 42.1% FO
2018/2019 .57 ppg, avg TOI 14:04, 7G, 17A, 56.2% FO

Plays center and LW, is fast and will be a RFA with arbitration eligible. Current Cap Hit: $ 925k.

How hard would it be to go after him? Pretty impossible? haha
bsgg-penguinsbrazil

Postby KG on Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:31 pm

Brian Boyle for a 3rd?!?
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby Jim on Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:49 pm

Pensfan4life8771 wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:
Pensfan4life8771 wrote:Anyone else see Pittsburgh Hockey Now is reporting Dallas is now interested in Brassard?

Do I hear a Faska for Brassard straight up?

https://pittsburghhockeynow.com/dallas- ... de-rumors/

I have a hard time seeing them trade Faksa, especially after just trading away Devin Shore.

Maybe Andrew Cogliono? I know they just traded for him but maybe that was the plan to get him out of Anaheim than flip him to Pens?

The Pens just got rid of a fast guy with no hands. Why would they want another?
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Postby 100565 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:35 pm

I have wanted Faksa for a couple years. Despite Shore trade, Dallas could still trade him. Seguin, Brassard, Spezza, Hintz, Janmark, and Hanzal IR. Stars would be better with Brassard, and Brassard would be better with Stars.

Faksa’s trade value is tough to determine. I don’t know, Brassard+3rd for Faksa??

Faksa would be an awesome 3C here.
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Postby ville5 on Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:56 pm

100565 wrote:I have wanted Faksa for a couple years. Despite Shore trade, Dallas could still trade him. Seguin, Brassard, Spezza, Hintz, Janmark, and Hanzal IR. Stars would be better with Brassard, and Brassard would be better with Stars.

Faksa’s trade value is tough to determine. I don’t know, Brassard+3rd for Faksa??

Faksa would be an awesome 3C here.

I know I wouldn't trade a 25 year old, who's 2 years from rfa, for a 31 year old, soon to be ufa.
ville5
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby FLPensFan on Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:53 pm

Very interesting on Brassard. Granted, these are fans, no team affiliations, but, looking around Twitter tonight on Brassard, there seem to be a lot of fans of teams that want to acquire Brassard.

I saw some Buffalo fans saying he would be their #3 target behind Silfverberg and I think Hayes.
Another Dallas fan asking if they should immediately jump on the chance to do Faksa for Brassard.
Saw some Chicago fans talking about an Anisimov for Brassard swap.
Saw a Bruins fan saying Bruins should go in on Brassard.
Another saying Brassard trade could set market for Kevin Hayes.

Again, these are random fans, but, the general talk out there around Brassard from other team fans is very favorable. Most seem to buy into the theory that he just isn't a fit here, and would work on a variety of other teams. So, don't be so sure to think we are going to get junk back in return for him. The general chatter on Brassard out there is good for Penguins possible returns in a trade.
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby Hatrick on Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:14 pm

FLPensFan wrote:Very interesting on Brassard. Granted, these are fans, no team affiliations, but, looking around Twitter tonight on Brassard, there seem to be a lot of fans of teams that want to acquire Brassard.

I saw some Buffalo fans saying he would be their #3 target behind Silfverberg and I think Hayes.
Another Dallas fan asking if they should immediately jump on the chance to do Faksa for Brassard.

Again, these are random fans, but, the general talk out there around Brassard from other team fans is very favorable. Most seem to buy into the theory that he just isn't a fit here, and would work on a variety of other teams. So, don't be so sure to think we are going to get junk back in return for him. The general chatter on Brassard out there is good for Penguins possible returns in a trade.

if they were getting junk back then it wouldn't be worth it to trade him (although a certain reactionary portion of the fanbase might trade him for a bag of pucks, I don't think reasonable fans or Rutherford would).
Since he is just a rental for most teams I don't think they can shoot real high but some of those examples you named I think are possible, maybe with some minor retention or minor draft picks on one side or another depending on the player on the other side.
Hatrick
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Postby brwi on Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:42 pm

sjnhiils wrote:
lemieuxReturns wrote:

What the! Ugh!

Pens can't afford Radulov right now(6.25m) or next year without big contract going back.

Hoffman would be a really nice addition but would cost a lot more than Maatta and why would FL want to deal him in any event?
brwi
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FLPensFan on Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:59 am

Hatrick wrote:
FLPensFan wrote:Very interesting on Brassard. Granted, these are fans, no team affiliations, but, looking around Twitter tonight on Brassard, there seem to be a lot of fans of teams that want to acquire Brassard.

if they were getting junk back then it wouldn't be worth it to trade him (although a certain reactionary portion of the fanbase might trade him for a bag of pucks, I don't think reasonable fans or Rutherford would).
Since he is just a rental for most teams I don't think they can shoot real high but some of those examples you named I think are possible, maybe with some minor retention or minor draft picks on one side or another depending on the player on the other side.

I don't think we will get junk either, but some seem to think because of his play with Pittsburgh he has little value. That doesn't seem to be the case.
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FLPensFan on Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:05 am

Some trades going down tonight.....

Ducks trade F Pontus Aberg to the Wild for F Justin Kloos (Friedman says Ducks may not be done dealing tonight.....)
Vancouver trades D Del Zotto to Ducks for Luke Schenn (Not sure if that was last Ducks deal, or another one coming....)

Aaron Portzline of CBJ says Penguins and Jackets have had discussions on Brassard. No word on what would be involved from Jackets side. I'd take Boone Jenner as our 3C, our Josh Anderson (although he is RW and would be tough to fit here) if Ferland wasn't an option. Hope Rutherford isn't interested in Riley Nash, who is now overpaid and underperforming. I think TIOPS said we had interest in Riley Nash.
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby FLPensFan on Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:08 am

Friedman just said the 3rd Ducks trade may well be Anaheim re-acquiring Derek Grant from Pittsburgh.....
FLPensFan
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Postby lemieuxReturns on Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:35 am

FLPensFan wrote:
Hatrick wrote:

I don't think we will get junk either, but some seem to think because of his play with Pittsburgh he has little value. That doesn't seem to be the case.

To me, he is worth a 1st round pick, a top prospect, and a good NHL player. Because that is what we gave up. He is carrying a very good cap hit right now as well with Vegas eating some of it. To me at this point, if we don't get that kind of return back why trade the guy? Just put someone else in at 3rd line center and keep Brass for insurance. He is not costing much and it only makes sense to trade him if you get back what you gave to get him or at least something similar. The Brass for a 3rd talk is ridiculous.
lemieuxReturns
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Postby Maestro on Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:35 am

I'd do Boone Jenner for Brassard - I think that'd be the main part of a CBJ-Pit trade. i think it just might happen too.
Maestro
AHL'er
AHL'er

PreviousNext

Return to Pittsburgh Penguins